PDA

View Full Version : please advise

aminyassien
03-19-2009, 08:29 PM
hi everybody,
i have a question,

this is the third time the discus lay eggs on the drift wood first two times eggs have disappeared this time eggs is still on the drift wood for about 3 days is that ik or not ??

eggs colour is almond colour .

please advise

best regerds

Elite Aquaria
03-19-2009, 09:20 PM
You should be seeing wigglers by the third or fourth day. Can you see a black spot in the middle of the eggs?

Runningfish
03-19-2009, 09:36 PM
If it is only the third day the tails may not be well enough defined to see them on the driftwood.

aminyassien
03-19-2009, 10:20 PM
You should be seeing wigglers by the third or fourth day. Can you see a black spot in the middle of the eggs?
actually this now the start of the first day an its not easy to see now may be this evevning i will tell

thank you

aminyassien
03-19-2009, 10:21 PM
If it is only the third day the tails may not be well enough defined to see them on the driftwood.
thank you
this the start of the third day i wil tell later may be this evening

aminyassien
03-20-2009, 10:47 AM
the pair ate thier eggs

please tell me what to do

best regeards

Chad Hughes
03-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Place a surface in the tank for egg laying that you can reasonably cover. Remove the drift wood if necessary. Slate and breeding cones can both be covered once the eggs are laid. The only problem with this method is that, regardless of your efforts, the pair may still eat wigglers after the eggs hatch out. The only way around that would be to attempt to artificially raise the fry yourself. This is time consuming!

If you are not ina hurry to breed the new pair, I would let them get it right on their own. Eventually they will raise a spawn on their own without intervention. You'll have to be patient!

Best wishes!

aminyassien
03-20-2009, 11:38 AM
thank you for your care

i will try the normal way by now because :

1- we dont have the food for hached separetly
2- the pair is new for breeding
beside we dont have cones for breeding on it in my country
thank you

Mostafa
03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Hello Ayman