PDA

View Full Version : Photos and Update!!!Northeast Discus Meeting -Spring 2009 (May 2)

brewmaster15
03-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi all,

Time again for good Discus Friends to come together in the Northeast for some Socializing and Discus Discussions..

The Date...

SATURDAY MAY 2nd, 2009

The Time...
2:00 pm- until ????

The Place..
CTDiscus...aka Brew's home in Northford CT...

FAQ's

1. What does it cost? Nothing

2. Can anyone attend? Absolutely

3. Why attend? Its a great way to meet others in the area with similar interest.

4. Will there be Discus there for sale or Auction? Most likely.

5. Can I bring Fish for sale? Yes...just contact me ahead of time to have a few tanks set up.

6. Can I bring non-livestock for sale? Yes.

7. Whats the format of this event? We eat.We drink. We talk fish and then eat and drink some more

8. Who do I contact to let them know I am coming and get directions? me..
brewmaster15 @netscape.com or pm me here.. brewmaster15 (http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/member.php?u=4205)

9. Will there be any hatchery tours? yes..I have a small hatchery here to view....nothing fancy but alot of different discus in the collection.

10.Are there any catches or tricks to this? Absolutely not so if you are into Discus in the Northeast USA... Please join us..Canadian and others are also always welcome!

So ...that should answer

GrillMaster
03-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Want me to bring the BBQ pit? :)

ashaysathe
03-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Awesome .. Gettteeer Done !!!!

Possible Challenges - Sharpen your negotiations skills with significant other to house more discus

brewmaster15
03-21-2009, 09:49 AM
HI all,
More info....

For those looking to attend and needing directions.... my home address here...

Al Sabetta
75 maltby Lane
Northford CT.06472

my cell is 203-464-2869

Important.....If you are coming from I-91 south from Hartford/Mass check with me to verify your directions... for some reason Mapquest sends people down a dead end road from this direction.. ...:mad:

From all other locations...directions should be good.

also....if anyone is looking to stay over at a hotel... theres a decent one about 15 minutes from me..

Holiday Inn
NORTH HAVEN

201 WASHINGTON AVE
NORTH HAVEN, CT 06473 UNITED STATES (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/nohct/transportation)
Hotel Front Desk: 1-203-2396700 | Hotel Fax: 1-203-2341247
Book Online (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/advancedsearch?hotelCode=nohct) or Call
1 888 HOLIDAY (888 465 4329)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/nohct

We've had several of these meeting s before at various locations, and always had a great time... The last time it was here was Spring 2008..to get the flavor of the event... see that thread...
http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=63753

Hope to see many here!

-al

Ps.. yes fellow Grillmaster Mark...we be Grillin that day!:)

patrick richard
03-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Al, I'll be there. This time I might walk to the meeting. I'll let the truck stay in the driveway:D:D:D.

Thanks,
Patrick

2075turner
03-21-2009, 04:04 PM
So any particular topics scheduled this time?

brewmaster15
03-21-2009, 04:33 PM
So any particular topics scheduled this time? I was planning on a discussion on breeding and genetics as the main area we can work on

We also have a secondary area of discussion that involves Our Summer Meetings Plans...that meeting will most likely take some serious work as we are planning to scale things up a bit.... I'm being intentionally vague here as Mark and I need to flesh out our bare bones ideas alot between now and the Spring meeting.

Hope you can make it down here!

-al

dpt8
03-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Al, Great visiting with you today. You are the best !!!! I am in discus heaven and can't wait to go back there !!! You KNOW Celeste and I will be there with my cucumber sandwich appetizers....

brewmaster15
03-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Always great to have you visit David..It was a nice afternoon spent with you and MikeL.:)

Glad that you guys made it home safe!

and glad you'll be at the meeting too!

-al

Eddie
03-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Wow Al, I'd love to come to the meeting, sounds like alot of fun. One day I'll get the chance to make it to one. ;)

Eddie

mmorris
03-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Sounds great! :D

GrillMaster
03-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Al, I'll be there. This time I might walk to the meeting. :D:D:D.

Thanks,
Patrick

:D :D :D :D :D

GrillMaster
03-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Al, Great visiting with you today. You are the best !!!! I am in discus heaven and can't wait to go back there !!! You KNOW Celeste and I will be there with my cucumber sandwich appetizers....

Dave you better double the cucumber sandwich order there bud!! ;) :D

Eyecandy
03-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Hi Al and Mark.. Well haven't been able to sell this house and move out there yet:(:( but... if we have the opportunity so that our plans include a trip out to see the grandkids around that time.. we will definitely call ya and come on over. Can't wait to be part of all the fun...Hopefully in the not to distant future..
If we don't make it.. Have a brew and a cuccumber sandwich for us.. Sue:D

GrillMaster
03-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Well start plannin Sue! ;) :D :D :D

That sounds great Al...Brews an cucumber samdwiches! We wont have ta grill. :idea2: ;) :D

brewmaster15
03-23-2009, 10:13 AM
That sounds great Al...Brews an cucumber samdwiches! We wont have ta grill. but I was looking forward to Ashays Spicey Chicken again!:)

So far this is looking like a great meeting...in addition to those that have posted here..I've gotten a few emails from others that have not been to one of these get togethers yet...so I am really getting psyched over this one!:)

-al

Civic
03-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Hey count me in. I'm bringing desserts. Wifey makes awesome ice cream cakes :D.

Al - will you give a talk again on the diseases? I read on the last meet this was done.

-ian

ashaysathe
03-23-2009, 10:49 AM
but I was looking forward to Ashays Spicey Chicken again!:)

-al

:D :D Most certain on this one. I (read Rashmi) will make 2 versions this time regular grill and one curry style and also get "hot sauce"
I am looking forward for Brew's Hot Salsa and baked patatos.. those were really good.

Hey Patrick buddy - Can you pick me up? :angel: :angel: :angel: hehehehehehe

brewmaster15
03-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Al - will you give a talk again on the diseases? I read on the last meet this was done. if theres enough interest I would not mind running that presentation again.. hook up the old laptop to the big screen Tv only takes a few seconds... if not we can set it up another time and go thru it.:)

-al

brewmaster15
03-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Hi all,
Also everyone, please realize that all are welcome...that includes family...alls I need is a head count .:)

-al

GrillMaster
03-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Make no mistake...Its all about the grillin! Runs in the viens for me and I am sure I speak for Al... Then all the food brought from everyone else from the cuc sands, the Indian curries, the salads, etc... Lots a food, lots a beer and lots a friends. It gets no better than the get together at Als place! :)

I for one would love ta see a bunch a new faces!! :D

theteflondon
03-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the invite Al, my brother and I will most likely be there. I will be absolutely sure as we get a little closer. I am definitely looking forward to it!

brewmaster15
03-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Excellent Donato! :)

al

2075turner
03-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Still waiting to see if I can get the weekend off to come.....I will let you know if I can make it. I for one would love to see the presentation that you did on diseases;)

mmorris
03-28-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm going to take notes this time. ;)

GrillMaster
03-30-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm going to take notes this time. ;)

Great Martha!! Will ya be able ta scan em and print em out? I am gonna have a beer an a spatula in my hands so I wont be able to take notes.. ;) :D :D

2075turner
03-31-2009, 07:11 AM
Great Martha!! Will ya be able ta scan em and print em out? I am gonna have a beer an a spatula in my hands so I wont be able to take notes.. ;) :D :D

LOL:p

brewmaster15
04-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Hi all,
Since we are close to a month away from the meeting and I'll need some forewarning...if anyone is planning on getting my Surf and Turf beefheart mix that day...please let me know asap so I can be sure to set it aside for you.

Thanks,
al

mmorris
04-01-2009, 02:45 PM

Happy to! I wish I had a laptop.

brewmaster15
04-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey Everyone,
Just got off the phone with Terry at JT aquatics... Terry is planning on attending and will bring a whole mess of Driftwood for sale again as he did the last meeting we had here... If you were there you'll recall the really great wood and prices..

And... Terry will also try to put together a frozen food order... he'll bring 1 lb flats of Hikari Bloodworms to the meeting for purchase at the price of $7.50 cash per pound .. thats a really good price since theres no shipping involved... If anyone is interested... Pm me how many pounds and I'll tally it up and relay it to Terry.... Time to stock up ! I will be!!:)

If you are looking for other Frozen foods for delivery that day, let me know and I see what Terry can do...I know he has access to just about anything Frzn.

Cutoff for ordering is April 20Th.

thanks,
al

BOBT00LS
04-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Hello Al. I just wanted to let you know that I will be attending the Spring Meeting in May. I may also be bringing along a new member here on the forum that I recently got hooked on the hobby. Im looking forward to meeting you and the other members. See you in a few weeks.

Bob

dpt8
04-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Hey Bob, It will be great to finally meet you... David T

GrillMaster
04-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Sweet Bob! It will be great seein you and yer bud! You will definately have a great time! :thumbsup:

brewmaster15
04-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Hello Al. I just wanted to let you know that I will be attending the Spring Meeting in May. I may also be bringing along a new member here on the forum that I recently got hooked on the hobby. Im looking forward to meeting you and the other members. See you in a few weeks.

Bob

Excellent!!!!:):):):)

-al

JTaquatic
04-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the plug Al!!! I am looking forward to this event! The best fish-head gathering that I attend! Best food, beer, and company!

Frozen foods, basically any type/brand/size. Also Color Bits if anyone is interested 10.58 oz @ $8.25

Terry

GrillMaster
04-05-2009, 08:30 AM
It will be great to see you again Terry! I will be ready for 10 flats of blood worm myself...:)

subcooler
04-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Terry,
It will be great to see all you guys again!
I put my FBW order in with Al earlier.
Can you bring me (2) cans Color Bits also?
See you@ Al's in a few weeks:D
Rob

Thanks for the plug Al!!! I am looking forward to this event! The best fish-head gathering that I attend! Best food, beer, and company!

Frozen foods, basically any type/brand/size. Also Color Bits if anyone is interested 10.58 oz @ $8.25

Terry

BOBT00LS
04-08-2009, 05:15 PM
To all those attending the meeting, I was wondering if there would be any interest if I were to bring a lot of 5 Millenium Gold Discus fry (quarter size now) to auction off and a three inch Albino Red Gold Diamond. Of course all proceeds would go to Simply. Feedback before May 2nd would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob

brewmaster15
04-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Hi Bob,
Thats a realy generous offer! Thanks so much.. I think that would be a great thing..I was thinking of having a table set up here for people to bring anything that they wanted to sell also..so I could easily work in an auction ...I'll have fish here as well.:)

Thanks!

-al

GrillMaster
04-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Nice Bob!! I am pretty sure Brew will have a tank set aside for that very kind gesture! :D :D :D

mmorris
04-10-2009, 09:46 AM
If we are definately going to barbecue I can bring some ribs.

Eddie
04-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Man, this meeting does not sound like one to miss, I wish I could go, that would be so cool to meet everyone. Sounds like it is gonna be a blast.

Eddie

mmorris
04-11-2009, 09:38 AM
I can bring red wriggler worms for anyone interested in raising them. No charge, just pm me. :)

dpt8
04-11-2009, 09:54 AM
I'd like a good recipe and learn how to make and cook ribs Martha !!!! Hope all your fish are well.... David

GrillMaster
04-11-2009, 10:00 AM
If we are definately going to barbecue I can bring some ribs.

If you bring the ribs Martha we will BB Que them right up! We will definately be grillin!! They need about 3-4 hours on a 250 deg temp though so you would need to get them on the grill before we actually start grillin the other things. You can actually season em up, wrap them up in aluminium then slow cook em in the oven for 2 1/2 hours. Then we can heat them back up on the grill.

ashaysathe
04-11-2009, 10:27 AM
The chicken is getting marinated as we speak with Endorphin Rush.
Make way guys :angel:

brewmaster15
04-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Beers Brewing too.... a little hospitality brew for those inclined to partake.;)

-al

mmorris
04-11-2009, 02:09 PM
If you like 'em, Dave, I'll give you the recipe. They're Chinese barbecued ribs - one of my favorite recipes. 3-4 hours Mark? Can't imagine that! I'll let you decide when you see them. I'm happy to put you in charge of them. ;)

GrillMaster
04-11-2009, 02:52 PM
:thumbsup:

ashaysathe
04-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Make sure Mark these are on the seperate area on the grill.. not mixing with my chicken.

mmorris
04-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Can't be done, Ashay. :D

GrillMaster
04-12-2009, 09:26 AM
I am bringing a special grill just for your chicken Ashay...:D :D :D

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj243/basstalker/grill.gif

mmorris
04-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Mark, if you spoil him now they'll be no end to it! :D

ashaysathe
04-12-2009, 10:06 AM
I am gonna go to Als house at noon and grill all my chicken before you get there ...
Al don't forget the spicy salsa

mmorris
04-12-2009, 10:30 AM
LOL :D

GrillMaster
04-12-2009, 10:40 AM
I am gonna go to Als house at noon and grill all my chicken before you get there ...

I figure Al and I should have everything set up by noon an prolly uncorking the first of his homemade brew. We'll have the grill all heated up for ya then and use the special grill for Martha's ribs. ;) :D :D :D

BTW Ashaye....You can just leave that "Endorphin Rush" at home! :shocked2:

mmorris
04-12-2009, 11:03 AM
use the special grill for Martha's ribs. ;) :D :D :D

Ya THINK!!!:lipsrseal:

brewmaster15
04-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Ashay,

Don't worry... Mark and I will treat that chicken with the proper respect something that tasty deserves... same for your Ribs Martha... We'll have Marks Grill, my grill, and open pit wood fire for potatoes and another one for more grilling...Mark and I are Professionals..we don't mess around when it comes to grilling;);):D

-al

korbi_doc
04-12-2009, 01:03 PM
:( Wow! chicken, ribs & all the friends one can meet with, & discus fish to admire.... I'm really wishin' I could make that trip now, but maybe next time I'll be more able to join y'all.....I'll work on it..:whip:....lol...

;) Hope everyone has a wonderful time & take lotsa pics....

Happy Easter to all!! Dottie :D

mmorris
04-12-2009, 03:01 PM
What, Dottie, Tn is so far? :alien:

Ed13
04-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Sounds like you guys have a BIG party planned!

One of those events you might get to know Ed;)

korbi_doc
04-12-2009, 06:42 PM
:D OMG!! 1132.5Miles & 19 hrs..lol, lol, lol, ..so obviously I'll have to sprout wings....where would be the best airport to fly into from nashville? is there one? also/or from Memphis? these are 2&3 hrs from me.....My dear friend Jean, has offered to take the dogs for the weekend, & horses have to be fed...the fish have auto feeders....so maybe there's a chance, if flights can be had...I'm going to investigate further....been a few yrs since I've seen you & the family, Al.....hmmmmmmmmm....

What, Dottie, Tn is so far? :alien:

brewmaster15
04-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Dottie,
It would be so great to see you again! Its been way toooo long!!!:)

BDL (Bradley International airport for Harford Ct/Springfield MA is the closest.. and I am sure we could find a way to get you from there to here!:):):):)

-al

mmorris
04-13-2009, 08:28 AM
:D OMG!! 1132.5Miles & 19 hrs..lol, lol, lol, ..so obviously I'll have to sprout wings....where would be the best airport to fly into from nashville? is there one? also/or from Memphis? these are 2&3 hrs from me.....My dear friend Jean, has offered to take the dogs for the weekend, & horses have to be fed...the fish have auto feeders....so maybe there's a chance, if flights can be had...I'm going to investigate further....been a few yrs since I've seen you & the family, Al.....hmmmmmmmmm....

It would be great to meet you, Dottie!
Martha

dpt8
04-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Dottie, I don't know if you remember me from past meetings ( nickname Joe Peshi by Cary hehe) but it would be great to see you... Good luck getting to this meeting or Mark's Summer convention !! David T

GrillMaster
04-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Dottie, I don't know if you remember me from past meetings ( nickname Joe Peshi by Cary hehe) but it would be great to see you... Good luck getting to this meeting or Mark's Summer convention !! David T

Hey Dave I never thought of Joe Peshi...Now that ya mention it, I can hear ya tellin Celeste to make her party mix in that Joe Peshi voice of yers. ;) :D

Dottie I for one would love for ya to come up! Were gonna have a big blow out at my place in July or Aug. Al an I have ta get together here in the next week or two and discuss his meeting and when were gonna have the summer meeting. Its gonna involve sum serious planning on alot of the NEDA members for this meeting in the summer cause we really wanna go overboard with this one. So if ya can make plans to get up here this summer! I dont think you will be dissapointed. :D :D :D

theteflondon
04-15-2009, 09:08 PM
All is good guys my brother and I will definitely be there on may 2nd!

GrillMaster
04-15-2009, 09:54 PM
:thumbsup:

korbi_doc
04-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Still workin' on a trip, hope it'll come together...my "horse feeder", I thought might not work out assures me she will cover for me, so now I have to work out the logistics of flight, car, hotel, etc.....crossed fingers.....

Dottie ;)

mmorris
04-16-2009, 10:14 PM
If anyone going has a 20 gal. long tank for sale would you let me know?

korbi_doc
04-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Too bad I'm flying Martha, could bring sev'l things with me, a 20 gal tank? maybe not, lol, lol.....

Dottie ;)

If anyone going has a 20 gal. long tank for sale would you let me know?

mmorris
04-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Too bad I'm flying Martha, could bring sev'l things with me, a 20 gal tank? maybe not, lol, lol.....

Dottie ;)

Where there's a will...:D

Eyecandy
04-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi all... Well sorry but I guess we are not gonna get out there til later in the year:(:(:( so we are gonna have to miss this fun time...maybe for the summer one tho... Mark and Al any dates set yet?? I am really looking forward to meeting everyone... and love home made brew.. and of course anything that's been on a grill:D.. Still trying to sell the house so we can move out there.. But hopefully at least we can make one of the get togethers.. Have a great time and pics please... Sue:D

scolley
04-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Well count me in folks! Always a good time!

Sorry you can make it Sue. And Dottie. Someday I hope. ;)

And what's that from Ed? A little teaser that made it sound like he "might" come? Hmm.....

And I DO look forward to meeting YOU finally Martha! Such a wonderful contributor here, so close, and still so far. Now you'll be at the meeting - too cool!

Looking forward to seeing all my buds, talkin' fish, and havin' one ;) of Al's special brews!

Ed13
04-18-2009, 09:57 AM
And what's that from Ed? A little teaser that made it sound like he "might" come? Hmm.....

LOL, no sorry I really can't make it to THIS one:(. Anyways Steve, you'd be my acomplice if I make a surprise apperance on future meetings;)

Have fun guys!

scolley
04-18-2009, 10:24 AM
LOL, no sorry I really can't make it to THIS one:(. Anyways Steve, you'd be my acomplice if I make a surprise apperance on future meetings;)

Have fun guys!

Understood Ed. All offers still on the table. ;)

Some other time then. Will be a cool surprise if/when it happens.

korbi_doc
04-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey Steve, I'll be there...flight is on!!! can't wait for the fun day!! Will be so nice to meet you...........

Well count me in folks! Always a good time!

Sorry you can make it Sue. And Dottie. Someday I hope. ;)

And I DO look forward to meeting YOU finally Martha! Such a wonderful contributor here, so close, and still so far. Now you'll be at the meeting - too cool!

Looking forward to seeing all my buds, talkin' fish, and havin' one ;) of Al's special brews!

ROTFLMAO!!!! Will be great to meet you too Martha!!

Dottie ;);)

Where there's a will...:D

scolley
04-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Too Cool Dottie! It will INDEED be a pleasure to meet! So glad to here this news!

mmorris
04-18-2009, 08:32 PM
That's great, Dottie! Now remember to bring that 20 gal. along. If you do you'll have room for fish on your return. :D

brewmaster15
04-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Great!!! Dottie it will great seeing you again! and Steve, what can I say ..Its always great when we get together!:)

Times getting closer,... IF anyone out there wants to attend...don't be shy...just drop me a PM..it sounds like we will have an awesome group again.

Also, I'm starting to build a list ... If anyone wants to bring along some food or drink, or has family coming too, please let me know.. If its anything like last time...we will have tons of food, but being Italian...I do these events along the lines of "come , bring everyone...we feed all..." at least thats what my mother taught me years and years ago about guests.:)

Glad so many can attend, and for those that can't... wish it were different...but we do these 4 times a year so keep an eye out for the next dates.. ..Marks in North Stonington,CT..mid summer meeting 2009... Steve's house in Westport, CT , fall 2009. More on these as they approach.:)

-al

dmun24
04-20-2009, 04:06 PM
HI AL Hope to make it may not know till that day will keep you posted. dennis

brewmaster15
04-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Dennis,
I sure hope you can make it...its been way too long! Besides...I have a humidor full of ashtons ;)

Hope you can make it!

-al

Eyecandy
04-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi Al... hey didn't know you liked gars... are those ESG cigars... my husband just really started getting into cigars a few months ago.. Between the discus and the cigars we definitely gotta get out there for a meeting even if we haven't moved out yet:laugh::laugh: Although we can't make it out there in May, hopefully we can time it to make it to Marks..
I'm sure everyone will have a great time as always.. Take lots of pics.. Sue:D

GrillMaster
04-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Dottie...You really comin up? Man it will be great to finally meet ya! We will put on our best BB Quein attire just for the occasion! :D :D :D

Steve...It will be great to see ya again my friend! Lookin forward to the meetin at yer house in the fall as well! Al an I can get down there early with the grills and help ya set everything up. :thumbsup:

We can discuss that a lil more on the 2nd. :)

GrillMaster
04-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi Al... hey didn't know you liked gars... are those ESG cigars... my husband just really started getting into cigars a few months ago.. Between the discus and the cigars we definitely gotta get out there for a meeting even if we haven't moved out yet:laugh::laugh: Although we can't make it out there in May, hopefully we can time it to make it to Marks..
I'm sure everyone will have a great time as always.. Take lots of pics.. Sue:D

Sue I haven't ever seen the brewmaster smoke a stogie!! Not to say he dont, but I can assure you though I will now be bringin a couple. :D :D :D

I sure hope you guys make it up this summer! I think you will have a blast...Bring yer tents an yer gars! ;) :D :D :D

brewmaster15
04-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Sue I haven't ever seen the brewmaster smoke a stogie!! Not to say he dont, but I can assure you though I will now be bringin a couple. :D :D :D

Hey Mark,
I enjoy a good cigar...I read Cigar International religiously;) These days with the kids around, I limit myself to camping and special events..My humidor is always stocked though! Some personal fav.. Ashtons, 5Vegas,Montecristos,H.upmann, Greycliffs, and for those days where cheap will do.. Can't beat CI knockoffs.:)

-al

mmorris
04-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Yuck! :vomit:

korbi_doc
04-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Mark, I really am mosein' on up to CT, will be a fast flight, but hopefully I can make it ok....really look forward to meeting y'all & enjoyin' Al's wonderful hospitality.....

Steve, looking forward to it, should be a great day!!!

seey'all soon......

Dottie ;)

Dottie...You really comin up? Man it will be great to finally meet ya! We will put on our best BB Quein attire just for the occasion! :D :D :D

Steve...It will be great to see ya again my friend! Lookin forward to the meetin at yer house in the fall as well! Al an I can get down there early with the grills and help ya set everything up. :thumbsup:

We can discuss that a lil more on the 2nd. :)

Martha, you really don't imbibe?? I like the odor of some of'm, but never smoked thank goodness...they tell us with cigars, they don't inhale???????????lol,lol,lol.......

Yuck! :vomit:

mmorris
04-23-2009, 09:06 AM
[B][I]Martha, you really don't imbibe?? I like the odor of some of'm, but never smoked thank goodness...they tell us with cigars, they don't inhale???????????lol,lol,lol.......

I'm always happy to bum a cigarette! LOL But with the prices these days...cigars? Nope!

Say Al, do you have a couple of bn to sell?

brewmaster15
04-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Say Al, do you have a couple of bn to sell? Sorry Martha, I have none currently.:(

-al

ashaysathe
04-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Hey Al - its been a while since we talked.. wow .. amazing..
BTW - how are my fish doing there? U know when u are busy grilln and enjoying your own home brew... hmmmm.. ...:angel:

brewmaster15
04-23-2009, 09:56 AM
BTW - how are my fish doing there? U know when u are busy grilln and enjoying your own home brew... hmmmm.. .

Hi Ashay,
All my fish have been micro-chipped and intercept Lasers have been programmed...;) and should that fail to deter you, The room is under 24 hour security by hidden camera.:D:D:D:D

-al

korbi_doc
04-23-2009, 10:31 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!! TOO FUNNY AL!!!

BTW, if anyone coming to the party has Bns, I'd love to have some too!! No matter color, also Cories that withstand the heat!.......

Anyone???

Hi Ashay,
All my fish have been micro-chipped and intercept Lasers have been programmed...;) and should that fail to deter you, The room is under 24 hour security by hidden camera.:D:D:D:D

-al

mmorris
04-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi Ashay,

-al

He's bluffing, Ashay. It's a BYOB - bring your own bucket. It will be a simple matter to wait until Al is preoccupied. You go first. I'm right behind ya.

ashaysathe
04-23-2009, 11:15 AM
I am in Martha.. I am watching the setup right now over the satellite link.. it will be a flawless, fully automated hijack.. we will be at the grill - cigars and brews (note: my seperate chicken section on the grill) and technology will do its stuff .. tell me how many you need and what color? I will do the rest :D :D :D

mmorris
04-23-2009, 11:43 AM
tell me how many you need and what color? I will do the rest :D :D :D

Confirmed breeding pairs please. :)

dpt8
04-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Hey, Just don't take my gold mellon pair !! hehe Oh yeah, leave me a few more alenquers also !!! :9) See you all really soooon !!

brewmaster15
04-23-2009, 12:49 PM
TIS but a LEAP of Blind faith to invite a group of Discus Hobbyists into my Watery Wonderland, pray Ye all that it is not a fool hardy Mistake!
- Brewmaster15

ashaysathe
04-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Huh ????

mmorris
04-23-2009, 04:34 PM
:drummer:

JTaquatic
04-23-2009, 05:44 PM
TIS but a LEAP of Blind faith to invite a group of Discus Hobbyists into my Watery Wonderland, pray Ye all that it is not a fool hardy Mistake!
- Brewmaster15

You are very brave! You should at least lock up your nets and bags!

korbi_doc
04-23-2009, 07:14 PM
:rolleyes::vanish::vanish::vanish::vanish::rolleye s2::rolleyes2: :wasntme:

Eyecandy
04-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Hi Al and Mark... My husband (Mark) says if you don't already know about it you might want to investigate CBid... sister company to CigarsInternational (CI) that has auctions and a forum..Hope to finally meet everyone this summer.. Take care Sue:D:D

mmorris
04-23-2009, 09:22 PM
A forum for people who smoke cigars? LOL

brewmaster15
04-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Sue,

Hi Al and Mark... My husband (Mark) says if you don't already know about it you might want to investigate CBid... sister company to CigarsInternational (CI) that has auctions and a forum If I get involved in another forum, my wife and kids will dis-own me!!:)

Martha,

A forum for people who smoke cigars? LOL almost as bad as a forum where people talk about fish!:D Seriously....theres alot more to cigars than just smoking a foul smelling stoggie.....Cigars can be as complex a topic as is wine or even Coffee.

I'm not a cigar smoker BTW... I'm a cigar afficionada;) I don't like smoking a cigar just to smoke a cigar..I'm picky...has to have the right flavor and smell to it....just like my coffee, ale, Red wines etc. Weird isn't it? and a good cigar will actually complement those things!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D..

-al

Moon
04-24-2009, 11:09 AM
I got a box of Cohiba's from my son for my birthday. Come up to Canada Al we can somke some with good Canadian beer.
Joe

theteflondon
04-25-2009, 10:36 AM
I just wanted to tell you guys I will not be attending the meeting next week anymore... I have officially given up my attempt to have a planted Discus tank I can't keep plants alive and I can't even keep cardinal tetras alive! What on earth gave me the impression that I could actually have a discus tank I'll never know. I just have no clue when it comes to plants or Discus I guess. I just thank God that no Beautiful Discus died at my hands. Although I can't say that about the 100 Cardinals that died for me to get to this reality. $170 wasted! Anyway sorry for being so dramatic hope you all have a good time.

JTaquatic
04-25-2009, 07:13 PM
I just wanted to tell you guys I will not be attending the meeting next week anymore... I have officially given up my attempt to have a planted Discus tank I can't keep plants alive and I can't even keep cardinal tetras alive! What on earth gave me the impression that I could actually have a discus tank I'll never know. I just have no clue when it comes to plants or Discus I guess. I just thank God that no Beautiful Discus died at my hands. Although I can't say that about the 100 Cardinals that died for me to get to this reality. $170 wasted! Anyway sorry for being so dramatic hope you all have a good time.

Having a balanced, thriving, long-lasting, plant tank is a huge accomplishment and quite difficult, it requires many failed attempts. Cardinals! They are much, much, much harder than Discus! Brew could put some very strong, practically bullet proof discus in your hands, easily!

brewmaster15
04-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Donato,
You can have a discus tank!!! Anyone can! Just need to learn the basics.... come to the meeting and we'll talk... or if you prefer... come on up here any other time and I'll help you figure it all out. Its frustrating when plans don't work out.. but sometimes alls we need is a little help!

Drop me a PM... lets talk and I'll see if I can help.

Best regards,
al..

I got a box of Cohiba's from my son for my birthday. Come up to Canada Al we can somke some with good Canadian beer.
Joe
Joe,
I'm hoping this summer I'll be up your way...If so...I would be honored to meet with you, see your fish and smoke your cigars! :)

brewmaster15
04-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Last call for Blood worms and tetra bits..... I need to get Terry the order so if you have not ordered already from either of us , let me know by Monday.

Also.... I am getting all set for this weekend ...I need hard numbers who is going to be here....I really want to be sure that I have enough food and drink...plus just need to get a feel for how many people will be in the fishroom!!!:D:D:D

Thanks
al

patrick richard
04-27-2009, 11:17 PM
We are right around the corner, I can't wait to see everyone again. There looks to be alot of members coming for the first time. You're going to have a great time.

See you all this weekend.

Patrick

brewmaster15
04-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Great Patrick, Looking forward to seeing you again!:)

Just do yourself a favor.....Don't car pool with Ashay unless that triple A is all paid up!!;):D:D:D

-al

JeffreyRichard
04-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Hope everyone has a good time ... i have a graduation in FL in need to attend

ashaysathe
04-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Just do yourself a favor.....Don't car pool with Ashay unless that triple A is all paid up!!;):D:D:D

-al

LOL LOL .. I was going to write exactly the same thing.. Patrick - lets car pool.. NICE... Outlaw Josey Wales !!!!

patrick richard
04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
I told Ashay that I will just meet him at Al's house. I think that's the safest thing, But we sure did have fun that day.:D:D:D:D

Patrick

Larry208
04-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Are they difficult to raise as I was thinking of doing some kind of live food for my Discus but am not sure what would be safe to do. As of now I am feeding :
Tetra Color Bits
Hikari frozen blood worms
Hikari frozen brine shrimp
And of course Al`s beefheart mix

mmorris
04-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Are they difficult to raise

Are what difficult to raise?

Larry208
04-29-2009, 05:31 PM
I can bring red wriggler worms for anyone interested in raising them. No charge, just pm me. :)

Sorry this is what I was asking about the quote for some reason did not work.

Larry

GrillMaster
04-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Hey Pat...Wish ya all the luck with the drive this time my friend! ;) :D :D :D

Al...Its lookin like we might need a couple a canopies for this one! I think I have a couple of em. We can set em up just in case. :)

I am officially in the grillin mode!! :D

scolley
04-29-2009, 07:58 PM
I am officially in the grillin mode!! :D
Well, that works out well for me, 'cuz I am officially in eatin' mode!! :)

mmorris
04-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Sorry this is what I was asking about the quote for some reason did not work.

Larry

They're a piece of cake Larry - pretty much indestructable. Fish love white worms even more, but feeding them should be limited to once a week or so. Are you going to Al's? I'm happy to bring you some wrigglers.
Martha

GrillMaster
04-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Well, that works out well for me, 'cuz I am officially in eatin' mode!! :)

You Know the drill Steve...Eat, drink, an talk about how we can sneek discus outta Al's place when he's givin the disease lecture. ;) :D :D :D

Lookin forward to seeing ya there my friend! You gonna uncork Brews brew this time? :)

BTW Al...I hope ya reserved a lil B-Day celebration cause there will be alot a people there wantin ta give ya the belated B-Day toast! Since I am gonna be there early, I'll pop the top on the first two. Then Steves in charge! :thumbsup:

GrillMaster
04-29-2009, 10:50 PM
They're a piece of cake Larry - pretty much indestructable. Fish love white worms even more, but feeding them should be limited to once a week or so. Are you going to Al's? I'm happy to bring you some wrigglers.
Martha

I would love some Martha. I'll BB-Que yer ribs for em! :D :D

brewmaster15
04-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi all,
Looks like a great get together shaping up here... I think we have at least 20 Discus hobbyists confirmed so far, plus spouses and kids where applicable.:)

Rain or shine this event is on and should be alot of fun..so if you are on the fence about this one.. get off the rail and come on over to my place for a a great meet and greet ... We'll have discus discussions, a disease presentation (back by popular demand), great driftwood by Terry, tons of food.

Drop me a pm or email me at brewmaster15@netscape.com ... There are going to be alot of new faces at this one...so don't let shyness keep you out of the fun.. We'd really like to meet you.

Oh yeah..on the beefheart... I think I still have about 10 lbs unspoken for, so if you want some... let me know.

Can't wait to see everyone again and meet some new discus nuts!:)

al
ps..... If you have folding chairs you may want to bring em...I have a bunch here....but you never know.

Kindredspirit
04-30-2009, 04:50 PM
I will be there.:D

Only in spirit, of course! Scared you all, I am sure!

mmorris
04-30-2009, 05:11 PM
I will be there.:D

Only in spirit, of course! Scared you all, I am sure!

Oh Marie!!!! :( I got so excited!!! It would be such a treat to meet you.
I'll bring you some worms Mark. :)

brewmaster15
05-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi all,
Just a quick reminder...If you ordered frozen blood worms from Terry, He got them in and will have them at the meeting...He also got in ( and dropped off here) the tetra bits that were ordered.. Please see him at the meeting to square up and collect your orders. Beefheart pickup is thru me:)

Thanks.. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone!:)

best regards,
al

brewmaster15
05-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Well the Guests have already started to arrive!:) Just spoke with Dottie on the phone and she made it safely to her hotel...no probelms with the flight... I'll be seeing her in few hours.... See the rest of you guys tomarrow!:)

-al

ashaysathe
05-01-2009, 03:48 PM
and the chicken is getting marinated .. ;)

GrillMaster
05-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Well the Guests have already started to arrive!:) Just spoke with Dottie on the phone and she made it safely to her hotel...no probelms with the flight.

-al

Thats great! Cant wait to meet Dottie! :) See you guys an gals tomarrow...:thumbsup:

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi all!

If you were some of the ones that were here yesterday..You already know this.....But we had an AWESOME get together!;) What a great group of people!...So much Good Times, great food,and great conversation... I really enjoyed the day everyone. Thanks for taking the time to come on by and Stay with My Family and I for the event. Many new faces and friends here yesterday as well as old friends!

I've some photos to post a little latter.

Thanks all!

-al

ashaysathe
05-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Truely Awesome.. We really have formed a very nice group of people and adding face to the forum id and posts takes it to a totally different level.
Thanks Al and Carie for hosting this. Mark (bastalker) for grilling. Dottie for flying over for the event. Quality Time well spent.

Angel - My son says Muffin (Angel's dog) looks like Spike from Tom and Jerry.

Eddie
05-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Al! When is the next one!

I'm dying to make it out one day Al, I am gonna do it too!

Glad it was a blast and take care everyone,
Eddie

GrillMaster
05-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Another homerun Al! The hospitality from Carrie and yourself is always second to none my friend! :)

Great food, excellent homemade brew and good friends!! A good time was definately had by all!!

It was nice meeting Dottie, Kenny, Pete, Jamie, Angel, Dennis (I believe I have left out a couple) I apoligize...Its an age thing. ;) I hope to see all you at the future "meetings". :thumbsup:

See ya in the summer Dottie!! :D :D :D

Angel...There WILL be brisket! ;) :D :D :D

GrillMaster
05-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Al! When is the next one!

I'm dying to make it out one day Al, I am gonna do it too!

Glad it was a blast and take care everyone,
Eddie

Eddie the next one is at my place this summer around the end of July, first part of Aug. Fly on over here my friend I'll put ya up for the weekend...:D

scolley
05-03-2009, 10:58 AM
It WAS an awesome time! I was SHOCKED at the crowd! What did we have? Twenty hobbyists? Twenty five? Lot's of new faces to me... that's for sure. It was great to see old friends, and great to meet some new ones face to face at last (that was a shout out to my new buds Dottie and Martha!).

And Al and Carrie were - as always - the consummate hosts. Thank you!

And unless it's not obvious from his posts, there was serious discussion about the fact that if Al is the Brewmaster (and he IS ;) ), then Mark as absolutely the GrillMaster! So the "Basstalker" screen name has apparently been retired, replaced by the well earned GrillMaster! Welcome Grill. :)

Thanks EVERYONE for a wonderful time!

mmorris
05-03-2009, 11:38 AM
It was a great time and it was wonderful meeting those of you I had not yet met! Mark certainly deserves his title - the grillin' was fantastic!

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Mark is definetly the Grillmaster!:).. He brought down his grill and the intent was he and I would grill up a storm on our two grills.. that was the intent...but the reality was Mark pretty much worked them both and grilled all the food while I Guarded my fish room from over zealous hobbyists:)

-al

dpt8
05-03-2009, 12:05 PM
I just want to chime in and say THANKS to Carrie, Al and all who attended... truely awesome hospitality and so mnany NEW friends and great to see my dear discus friends. I almost didn't make this one but I couldn't miss out on everything.. So glad I went if only for a little while. Hey, Fred 22 and I were looking for Bobtools... Did you go Bob ?? Was that you we were talking to at the top of the driveway when we got our driftwood ?? HEY, let's NOT forget JT Aquatics.. SO MANY AWESOME PIECES OF DRIFTWOOD !!!! A TRUCK LOAD AGAIN !! A Discus Dreamland Day..

mmorris
05-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I Guarded my fish room from over zealous hobbyists:)

-al

Have you taken inventory? :D

acroken
05-03-2009, 01:02 PM
What a perfect day! It was so great to finally meet the people behind the keyboards. Al and Carrie, thank you both so much for everything! What a nice group of people.So much good food, lots of great brew and Al's beautiful discus. Al is differently a brewmaster. His mead brew was incredible! Mark,too funny with the new screen name. You truly deserve that one! One of the funniest things about yesterday was the questions Al's kids were asking during the disease presentation, they are too cute and smart. Thanks Martha for the red wigglers and Terry for the food. I am really looking forward to the next meeting:D

Kenny

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 03:34 PM
I promised photos so heres some photos of the Meeting...Heres some pics of the people and the fish ....

-al

ps...The identity of some people have been hidden as they are in a top secret witness protection program:)

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 03:39 PM

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 03:41 PM

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 03:42 PM
....more

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 03:45 PM
more

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 03:46 PM
more......

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Moooorrrreeee...

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Here Fishy fishy...

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 04:11 PM
one fish ...two fish...

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 04:13 PM
This fish ...that fish...

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 04:15 PM
fishes fishes

gotfish?
05-03-2009, 04:16 PM
ahhh why cant we have something like this southern california??:D:D

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 04:17 PM

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 04:18 PM

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 04:19 PM
fish anyone?

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 04:20 PM
only a few more...

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Last set!!!

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 04:23 PM

Theres no reason why you can't... just takes a few hobbyists coming together ... and before you know it...it can turn into events like this...give it a try.:)

-al

mikel
05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
OHHHH!! I am so sorry to have missed this meeting! It looks like a great group, and Al and family are always great hosts! I wish I could hang out with the people I met the last time again, and meet some new ones too I wish I didnt have to chaperone a junior boat dance on Sat night so that I would have joined in the fun in CT. Al, if I was there, that blue fish in #158 would have gone home with me!:):):):):p:p:p

Glad everyone had a great time! mike:):):)

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 07:54 PM
OHHHH!! I am so sorry to have missed this meeting! It looks like a great group, and Al and family are always great hosts! I wish I could hang out with the people I met the last time again, and meet some new ones too I wish I didnt have to chaperone a junior boat dance on Sat night so that I would have joined in the fun in CT. Al, if I was there, that blue fish in #158 would have gone home with me!:):):):):p:p:p

Glad everyone had a great time! mike:):):)

LoL!!

Mike I am impressed! You recognized that Blue from the last time you were here as the your hearts Desire:D:D:D

-al

GrillMaster
05-03-2009, 07:56 PM
And unless it's not obvious from his posts, there was serious discussion about the fact that if Al is the Brewmaster (and he IS ;) ), then Mark as absolutely the GrillMaster! So the "Basstalker" screen name has apparently been retired, replaced by the well earned GrillMaster! Welcome Grill. :)

Thanks "reefer" I mean Steve... ;) :D :D :D

The "Bastalker" screen name has been officially retired.:D :D

I really like the new title a lil more cause I love to cook period whether its on the stove, oven or the grill. My Texas blood just prefers the grill a lil more...I will proudly try an own up to the new title with each meeting from here on! ;) :D :D

Mark certainly deserves his title - the grillin' was fantastic!

Thanks sweetheart!!

Mark is definetly the Grillmaster!.. He brought down his grill and the intent was he and I would grill up a storm on our two grills.. that was the intent...but the reality was Mark pretty much worked them both and grilled all the food while I Guarded my fish room from over zealous hobbyists

Al...The true fact is yer fishroom was pretty much the center of attention. Lots of questions needed answered and the nets and bags had to be hid. :D :D

Excellent pics from yer new Pentax BTW! :thumbsup:

Lookin forward to the summer meeting! The exact dates will be up in the next few days. :)

mmorris
05-03-2009, 07:59 PM
My Texas blood ...

Thanks sweetheart!!

:)

So, do you have a kickin' chili recipe?

GrillMaster
05-03-2009, 08:06 PM
So, do you have a kickin' chili recipe?

I'm from Texas woman!! ;) :D :D :D

Want me to send ya a recipe? Or add it to the menu for the summer meetin menu? Let me know...:)

mmorris
05-03-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm from Texas woman!! ;) :D :D :D

Want me to send ya a recipe? Or add it to the menu for the summer meetin menu? Let me know...:)

I want a recipe! Please!

ashaysathe
05-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Spicy chicken curry on the way for that meeting Martha.. so we have a Curry Master too...

Dkarc@Aol.com
05-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Wow, looks like a great time by all Al!! I am very jealous. What was the topic of the meeting....or was there one (just to party, lol)??

-Ryan

mmorris
05-03-2009, 08:23 PM
I brought worms, so.....:noway:

brewmaster15
05-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi Ryan,
I did a Power point pres on Discus health and diseases.. You should fly up some time for one of these get togethers!:)

-al
Wow, looks like a great time by all Al!! I am very jealous. What was the topic of the meeting....or was there one (just to party, lol)??

-Ryan

Dkarc@Aol.com
05-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi Ryan,
I did a Power point pres on Discus health and diseases.. You should fly up some time for one of these get togethers!:)

-al

I have considered it many times...I could do a presentation on system design, lol.

-Ryan

GrillMaster
05-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi Ryan,

-al

Yes Ryan...I second that!! :) It would be great to have ya up here!!! :thumbsup:

GrillMaster
05-03-2009, 08:50 PM
so we have a CurryMaster too...

Hmmmmmmmmm......Ashay we have yet to taste yer curry my friend!! ;) :D :D

dpt8
05-03-2009, 08:59 PM
WHOOOOOOAA!!! I promise to loose 40 lbs by Mark's discus convention... UUUUGH !! I'm serious !!

Al, Beautiful pics but you forgot the albino tank AND your prized possesion, the most gorgeous red San Merah's with another clutch of wigglers !!! Awesome job !!

GrillMaster
05-03-2009, 09:06 PM
WHOOOOOOAA!!! I promise to loose 40 lbs by Mark's discus convention... UUUUGH !! I'm serious !!

Not if Celeste has anything to do with it!! She is quite the cook herself...Dave when ya get to our age, its all about the food! I bet she puts another 20 lbs on ya before this summer! ;) :D :D :D :D

dmun24
05-03-2009, 09:07 PM
HI AL THANKS FOR A GREAT DAY IT WAS SO GREAT MEETING EVERYONE MARK IS THE GRILLMASTER HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE AT THE NEXT ONE DENNIS

Eddie
05-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Man Al, that looked like an awesome time! Great pictures of everyone. Also love the pictures of your fish. The red turks are my favorite! ;)

Take care everyone,

Eddie

patrick richard
05-03-2009, 10:51 PM
I am glad to see that all went well. The weather turned out great for the meeting. I was upset that I had to miss this one at the last minute. My whole house ended up being sick, and I didn't want to chance it with anyone. I will sure be at the next one. I see that Al has added some more stunning fish to his collection, more for us to choose from:D:D. Mark that new name suits you well.

see everyone soon,

Patrick

GrillMaster
05-03-2009, 10:59 PM
I am glad to see that all went well. The weather turned out great for the meeting. I was upset that I had to miss this one at the last minute. My whole house ended up being sick, and I didn't want to chance it with anyone. I will sure be at the next one. I see that Al has added some more stunning fish to his collection, more for us to choose from:D:D. Mark that new name suits you well.

see everyone soon,

Patrick

Thanks Pat! I missed ya my friend! The first thought that crossed my mind was that yer dodge just didn't have it in to get ya there...;) :D :D :D

Thats ok though we will see ya at the next one! :)

Kenny's Discus
05-04-2009, 05:20 AM
Beautiful fish, delicious food, cozy home and best of all a great group of Simply members getting together...what more can you ask for!:) You guys definitely had a wonderful time wish I was lived near CT!

Thanks for the pics Al, some beautiful shots! Even without names I still recognized a few familiar faces & friends there...;)

Kenny

Ardan
05-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Looks like a great get together!:):):)

Ardan

Civic
05-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Hey Guys,

I had so much fun. Candy (fish) room in the basement, good folks upstairs, awesome food - i dont know what else to ask. Al's fish are microchipped btw so we were not able to sneak any out :p. We will try it again next time though.

Thank you Al and the family for hosting.

It was a pleasure seeing everyone last saturday and putting faces behind the names here at simply. I enjoyed the company and looking forward this summer to Grillmaster's place :)

-ian

SriAngel
05-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Joe

Moon, My Fellow Sri Lankan..I Didn't get a chance to meet up with you the last time i was up in Canada, picking up fish from Bob. It was a mad rush and a 20 hour round trip. Next time I come up I most definitely will meet up with you, and not only because you have a box of Cohiba's LOL!

Angel

Truely Awesome.. We really have formed a very nice group of people and adding face to the forum id and posts takes it to a totally different level.
Thanks Al and Carie for hosting this. Mark (bastalker) for grilling. Dottie for flying over for the event. Quality Time well spent.

Angel - My son says Muffin (Angel's dog) looks like Spike from Tom and Jerry.

Ashay,

Muffin would eat Spike for a light snack! LOL such a shame we didnt get to take any pictures of him. He had such an awesome time on this road trip out to CT. Great weater, fantastic day, what an amazing time!

Another homerun Al! The hospitality from Carrie and yourself is always second to none my friend! :)

Great food, excellent homemade brew and good friends!! A good time was definately had by all!!

It was nice meeting Dottie, Kenny, Pete, Jamie, Angel, Dennis (I believe I have left out a couple) I apoligize...Its an age thing. ;) I hope to see all you at the future "meetings". :thumbsup:

See ya in the summer Dottie!! :D :D :D

Angel...There WILL be brisket! ;) :D :D :D

Mark,
It was so nice to meet you and have a discussion about BBQing. I don't feel comfortable with you smoking Brisket without me being part of it. There are those Texas websites where they overnight you cuts of meat. I would be greatly honored if i had a brisket sent over to you so you can do it justice. I want to see a good smoke ring on it ya hear! LOL

Hi Ryan,

-al

Me and Muffin had such a great experience! Al was a great host, the food was delicious. Turns out Al can give John Adams ( The Brewery) a run for the money. His homebrew and his honey meade (I think thats how its spelled), was out of this world.

Attached are pics of Al's powerpoint presentation which was thorough and informative.

brewmaster15
05-04-2009, 10:36 AM
And I thought I made it thru this event without being photographed!

Thanks" Angel , the Stealth Photographer! " for taking a few snap shots there! It was great meeting you finally face to face and I enjoyed our chats much!:)

Muffin was probably the most low key, unimposing canine I've ever met!

-al

SriAngel
05-04-2009, 11:10 AM
And I thought I made it thru this event without being photographed!

Thanks" Angel , the Stealth Photographer! " for taking a few snap shots there! It was great meeting you finally face to face and I enjoyed our chats much!:)

Muffin was probably the most low key, unimposing canine I've ever met!

-al

Thats Right AL!
Im training to be a paparazzi LOL!
We didn't get to chat enough i think, but then again i have something to look forward to in June. Brisket and discus chats at Grillmaster's!

fred 22
05-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Joanne and I would like to thank Al and Carrie for there hospitality, it was a time, good food and good people. It was a pleasure meeting all of you.

Al i Am glad i brought my wife, now it dosn,t look like i have a lot of tanks after she saw yours.

Dave i think you should go back and get those spotted albinos for celeste

Thanks again Fred

dpt8
05-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey Fred, I'll call ya when I pick those albinos up !! huh huh huh huh Great to meet Joanne. Now we'll see you at future meetings !! Come by soooon, David

GrillMaster
05-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Mark,
It was so nice to meet you and have a discussion about BBQing. I don't feel comfortable with you smoking Brisket without me being part of it. There are those Texas websites where they overnight you cuts of meat. I would be greatly honored if i had a brisket sent over to you so you can do it justice. I want to see a good smoke ring on it ya hear! LOL

Come up anythime Angel!! We can get a brisket here, drink a few beers and smoke away! :D :D :D

ashaysathe
05-05-2009, 10:51 AM
I am in Mark - although i would do none of it .. but in for the plan.. anytime my friend..

korbi_doc
05-05-2009, 05:53 PM
:balloon: Well, I'm beginning to recover & resurface a bit...long trip, but I had such a blast & I'm really glad I did it....Al & Carrie were consummate hosts & worked so hard to make it a fun day......wonder if they've resurfaced yet, lol.....my thanks to you both!!

Al's fishroom is a wonder to behold...good thing he had all those fish "chipped"..so we couldn't get a "grab-bag"..lol......oh, & I did see that clever video cam you had hidden, Al.....guess I just have to put my dibs in for babies from those gorgeous gold/yellows.....you sure should be proud of that collection Al..........

The food was awesome & plentiful & the "Grillmaster" did a superb job..we all enjoyed it, Mark...workin' on the menu for summer yet? lol....

& it was wonderful to touch base with old friends & meet many new ones...sure wish I was closer so I could be with y'all every time...but, you never know what'll happen next, lol.....:wave:

Dottie ;)

izzo
05-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Hello Everyone! I am finally able to post, my time in queue limbo has passed!! Anyway, Jamie and I would like to thank everyone for their graciousnes and hospitality. What a great time we had. The food was perfect and the homebrew was exceptional! Lets not even forget to mention the beauty of all the fish! There were even non-discus! (Though Uarus, Severums, and Angels are still discoid) Thanks for allowing non-discus keeping heathens into your midst! As soon as our fishroom is up and running discus are soon to follow. Perhaps some San Merah's? By the way those are the coolest!!
Thanks Again,
Pete and Jamie

GrillMaster
05-05-2009, 07:45 PM
I am in Mark - although i would do none of it .. but in for the plan.. anytime my friend..

Yer welcome up here anytime my friend! Ya dont even need ta call... :)

Mark...workin' on the menu for summer yet? lol....

I think so Dottie, although the requests are comin in pretty heavy at the moment. The plan is a pig roast, but its lookin like a few meat dishes will be BB-Qued as well. We might just scrap the pig roast idea and just BB Que... :)

brewmaster15
05-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Hello Everyone! I am finally able to post, my time in queue limbo has passed!! Anyway, Jamie and I would like to thank everyone for their graciousnes and hospitality. What a great time we had. The food was perfect and the homebrew was exceptional! Lets not even forget to mention the beauty of all the fish! There were even non-discus! (Though Uarus, Severums, and Angels are still discoid) Thanks for allowing non-discus keeping heathens into your midst! As soon as our fishroom is up and running discus are soon to follow. Perhaps some San Merah's? By the way those are the coolest!!
Thanks Again,
Pete and JamiePete, I am thrilled that you and Jamie Joined us.. It was great seeing you at my home and when you are ready for discus.. Just say the word and I will be happy to help get you started.:)

See you at The Norwalk meeting later this month!;)

-al

discusluvr818
05-22-2009, 02:07 AM

OK, It is time to start LA discus!!:D

Man that looks like it would have been a blast. We should start a southern california club, LA discus or something.