PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP

mike72
03-23-2009, 04:03 PM
I HAD 10 DISCUS IN MY 55 GAL TANK FOR ALMOST A MONTH 2 ADULTS & 8 YOUNG THEY'RE DOING FINE EATING,SWIMMING. AFTER I ADDED 10 BABIES ANGEL INTO THE TANK THE DISCUS STOP EATING AND SWIMMING THEY JUST STAY IN ONE CORNER, THEIR COLOR GETTING LIGHTER AND THEY HAVE LITTLE WHITE SPOT ON THIER BODY.COULD U TELL ME WHAT KIND OF MEDICATION SHOULD I USE? I USED O/R WATER AND HAVE 2 HEATER IN MY TANK BUT MY TEMP NEVER GET HIGHER THEN 86 I TRY TO GET IT UP TO 88-89 BUT IT NEVER HAPPEN PLS HELP ME OUT THANK YOU TO ALL

GottaBeKiN
03-23-2009, 09:17 PM
You should post this in the Disease section Mike. Also, you should never add new fish to your discus tank before you quranteen the new fish in another tank. Next thing I notice is that your aquarium is probably too overcrowed, or it will be overcrowed when the discus grow up. In regard of your fish's condition, don't up your temperature, because it sounds like you have a bacteria problem. What I use at home is malafix and pimafix. I am sure more expert will chime in as soon as they see this.

poconogal
03-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Have you tested your water? What are your parameters? That's quite a fish load you have in a 55, will be way overcrowded in the future. I don't think there's any need to raise the temp. Can you post some pictures of the fish? Little white spots sounds like a parasite to me. Are they raised or flat? Does it look like it could be excess slime? Do the angels have it also? It might be a good idea to hit the tank with FMG (Quick Cure). Please give as much information as you can.