PDA

View Full Version : Question on wiping the tank down

csarkar001
03-25-2009, 09:13 PM
if i use my cleaning magnets to remove algae all over the tank, is that equivalent to wiping the tank down to remove slime from the discus?

i realize this slime gets deposited in the water, but i typically do a 40% water change simultaneously. do you think this is good enough or do i need to wipe the tank down separately and if so, how often?

Eddie
03-25-2009, 09:15 PM
if i use my cleaning magnets to remove algae all over the tank, is that equivalent to wiping the tank down to remove slime from the discus?

i realize this slime gets deposited in the water, but i typically do a 40% water change simultaneously. do you think this is good enough or do i need to wipe the tank down separately and if so, how often?

I have heard of people using the magnets, never used them. I like using a large standard dishwash sponge (make sure it is rinsed SUPER good after you open the package). Nothing beats a little elbow grease.....just ask my fish. LOL

Eddie

Elite Aquaria
03-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Get your hands on some Bristle nose plecos and you will never need to wipe down the tank....Currently I do not have any in my breeder tanks and I need to wipe them down at least 1 - 2x a week.