PDA

View Full Version : y. sidthimunki

calihawker
03-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Anyone know much about this fish or can refer me to a site that does?

I'm having an unusual issue Iv'e not seen with any other fish. I have five of these little guys and last month I started treating the whole tank for flukes with prazi. I noticed over a coupel weeks that I wasn't seeing the sids as much. Over time I didn't see them at all and I figured they succumed to flukes or the treatment or whatever. Also my snail population is reaching plague proportions. I haven't seen one of the sids in over 2 weeks.

Today I started a major cleaning/water change and when I flipped over this piece of driftwood there where ALL 5 sids:confused:

What the heck are they doing??? They used to be the most active fish during the day. If they're feeding at night it's not on snails.

I'm not sure if I should qt them or just leave them be.They look healthy enough but I need something else to take care of my snails now.

Steve

April
03-26-2009, 12:50 PM
loaches cant take prazzi.it kills them. i have lots of sids..i sell them. ive killed loaches including them with prazzipro.

calihawker
03-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Wow. After all the prazi research I did, I never came across that.

The fact that they survived it this far, (it's well over 3 weeks and at least 6 water changes since treatment) is it best to leave them be? I got a good look at them and they all appear healthy with good color. Should I qt them?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Steve

judy
03-26-2009, 02:14 PM
I would leave them be for awhile more.
I;ve used PraziPro on my tank and my sidthimunkis seem fine with it...