PDA

View Full Version : Size of juvies

fishyj
03-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone, I have a question about the size of juvies. When I got them, they were all about the same size and now they seem to be growing at different rates. One of them eats his fair share but doesn't seem to be growing. Is this normal? He really hasn't grown much at all. Will he be a runt or is there something I can do to make him start growing. Some of the other fish are 4 times his size!

Elite Aquaria
03-28-2009, 02:59 PM
If others are 4x his size then he is a runt...

fishyj
03-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Any way to get him to grow?

rickztahone
03-28-2009, 05:37 PM
it's the circle of life :). it's the established pecking order, some fish will just naturally get more food than others and that's what makes it "survival of the fittest". you can feed CBW to try to entice that particular fish to eat more or use garlic as well

fishyj
03-28-2009, 05:41 PM
This fish is always eating but just not growing. At this point he will soon be all eye!! Just don't understand why he doesn't grow as much as he eats.

Eddie
03-28-2009, 09:10 PM
This fish is always eating but just not growing. At this point he will soon be all eye!! Just don't understand why he doesn't grow as much as he eats.

Could just be a runt as Dan mentioned but I'd hit them with a dewormer. I use the deworming flake from AngelPlus with great results.

Eddie