PDA

View Full Version : sick fish

markphillipp
03-28-2009, 05:30 PM
hello all I seem to have a little problem I have a couple of sick fish I have had these 12 fiah for over a year now and have had no problems. Two of them have turned dark brown and have a gray film on their bodies. They are still eating and the water temp is at 89 and the ph is at 6.5. They are housed in a 180 gal tank a well planted tank the fish range in size from 3.5 to 5.5 and I perfer not to use medication is can avoid it but if I have to could you all recomend what to use. As i stated they are all still eating well and I feed the brine shrimp, bloodworms and beefheart with flake food

rickztahone
03-28-2009, 05:32 PM
it's a little hard to diagnose from the description. have you checked their fecal matter? please provide pics if at all possible

Eddie
03-28-2009, 09:19 PM
hello all I seem to have a little problem I have a couple of sick fish I have had these 12 fiah for over a year now and have had no problems. Two of them have turned dark brown and have a gray film on their bodies. They are still eating and the water temp is at 89 and the ph is at 6.5. They are housed in a 180 gal tank a well planted tank the fish range in size from 3.5 to 5.5 and I perfer not to use medication is can avoid it but if I have to could you all recomend what to use. As i stated they are all still eating well and I feed the brine shrimp, bloodworms and beefheart with flake food

Cut and paste the disease questionnaire from the disease section and answer all the questions. Also, try posting this in the disease section.

Eddie