PDA

View Full Version : discus not eating?

BootDink
03-31-2009, 05:43 PM
i have one red turq that no matter what wont eat, he just sits in "his" spot
and defends it towards the others, swims around id say most of the time but he wont eat..his poop looks normal and not discolored or anything and im beginning to worry as hes loosing color and getting very thin.What could
this possibly be caused by? him and another re turq are half blind(barley can catch food) but only the one doesnt eat at all?

Eddie
03-31-2009, 06:57 PM
i have one red turq that no matter what wont eat, he just sits in "his" spot
and defends it towards the others, swims around id say most of the time but he wont eat..his poop looks normal and not discolored or anything and im beginning to worry as hes loosing color and getting very thin.What could
this possibly be caused by? him and another re turq are half blind(barley can catch food) but only the one doesnt eat at all?

When fish go off there food, it can be a lot of different things. Are there any other symptoms. What are the water parameters?

Eddie

BootDink
04-01-2009, 03:18 PM
When fish go off there food, it can be a lot of different things. Are there any other symptoms. What are the water parameters?

Eddie

water params are all in check an nothing out of the ordinary..
ammonia-0
nitrite-0
nitrate- less then 5 (hard to match color exactly)

all others are fine, hes still "active" to an extent just not eating...just really thinning out and loosing color

Eddie
04-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Personally, I would QT the fish and run a round of metro and high heat.

I don't mess with fish that don't eat.

Eddie