PDA

View Full Version : How do you fit a 3+ inch discus into a 2 inch gravel vac?

Scribbles
04-02-2009, 11:18 PM
It couldn't have been easy. I'll admit I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but it had to have taken some interesting contortionist moves. When cleaning my tank today I emptied the first set of buckets, came back and grabbed the gravel vac and was eye to eye with one of my blue ss! The tank was still 3/4 full so I left the vac in the tank which I know is lazy but the only fish that should have been able to fit in it were my cardinals. This fish is not skittish so I don't think he darted and got stuck. He was curled up in there like a rolled up poster. He is at least 1 inch taller than the opening on the gravel vac. Thank God for that slime coating. I was able to help him manuver out and there isn't a mark on him. Lesson learned. No more leaving the gravel vac in the tank with Houdini.

Eddie
04-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Yeah, thats interesting, good thing he didn't get stick or bent in half. They sell attachments for gravel vacuums that are fish savers, they prevent fish from going tube sliding. ;)

Eddie

thebigone
04-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Yeah, thats interesting, good thing he didn't get stick or bent in half. They sell attachments for gravel vacuums that are fish savers, they prevent fish from going tube sliding. ;)

Eddie

LOL That is a good one Eddie! Tube sliding!LOL:D I'm glad to hear that the fish is doing good! That is a lesson learned.;)

Scribbles
04-03-2009, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't have minded him tube sliding if only he had done it on a half pipe.:D I honestly didn't think that I would ever get him out of there he was curled up so tight. Luckily he seems fine today.

Roxanne
04-03-2009, 05:41 PM
lol...there's a funny visual:D...

waters10
04-03-2009, 09:23 PM
That's scary! I always leave my gravel vac inside the tank unattended! I usually spend the first 5-10 minutes cleaning the bottom, then I go do something else, while draining the rest of the water.

hernluis
04-06-2009, 04:01 PM
wow