PDA

View Full Version : aggressive discus

sp33dy25
04-03-2009, 06:13 PM
anyone here have "not so shy discus"?

i remmeber when i vaccuum the tank they usually run and hide at the opposite side of the tank. not only do they not run and hide they are
coming up to the vaccuum and peckin at it and when 1 starts peckin
the rest come peckin. starting to think twice before i put my hand in the water now...

Elite Aquaria
04-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Mine get like that also...The breeders are the worst when they have fry...they bite me sometimes...not hard but enough to pull my hand back if I am not watching....

Eddie
04-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Yup, when it's feeding time too, gotta watch them fingers!

Eddie

Scribbles
04-03-2009, 08:47 PM
You bet. My guys are very bold. I've never had discus like them before. Not only do they nip at my fingers but one of them grabs the dixie cup I soak pellets in.

Eddie
04-03-2009, 09:01 PM
You bet. My guys are very bold. I've never had discus like them before. Not only do they nip at my fingers but one of them grabs the dixie cup I soak pellets in.

LOL, where did you get you fish, Kenny? I know the discus that Forrest provided me, are the boldest discus I ever had. They eat during water changes and up all night. They never sleep, ever!

Eddie

Scribbles
04-03-2009, 09:40 PM
My guys came from Hans. The rest of the family is a little spooked to feed them. LOL. The only thing that scares them is if I run out of food. They even beg my dogs for food!

Scribbles
04-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Anyone know where to buy "BEWARE OF DISCUS" signs?:D