PDA

View Full Version : Fish house project underway...

John_Nicholson
04-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Alright I finally got my new fish house project underway. I am converting my dog kennels into the fish house. It is roughly 36 1/2 feet by 24 1/2 feet. I did not think to take a picture before I got started, but the first picture is pretty close to the beginning. The right side was divided into 4 kennels and the left side into 2 kennels. As I was taking down the concrete blocks I used them to made a temporary wall in front of the slab to keep my little dogs in the yard until the building is finished. Also the date is incorrect on the pictures. I am at a standstill until I move my bulldog later this week. I still had some of my old tanks from before. but i add another 25, 75 gallon tanks to my collection.

-john

John_Nicholson
04-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Hey Al I posted this in the wrong forum...could you move it to the general section for me.

Thanks.

-john

yim11
04-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Is it too early to order a pair of checkered pigeons? ;)

I look forward to seeing this progress, Thanks John!

texasdiscusman
04-06-2009, 12:46 PM
And were Off.Its a start let me know if you need any help.

John_Nicholson
04-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Don't worry I am sure that I will con both of ya'll nito coming over and helping out before it over...LOL.

-john

DGman
04-06-2009, 05:23 PM
John you should have had them help you knock down the dog kennels that should be the hardest job of them all.
D'Wyatt

Elite Aquaria
04-06-2009, 05:37 PM
John,

Great news...I love it when someone expands his discus operations....:D

Keep us posted with detail pictures.

yim11
04-06-2009, 05:39 PM
John you should have had them help you knock down the dog kennels that should be the hardest job of them all.
D'Wyatt

Sounds like a man speaking from experience! ;)

Eddie
04-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Wow John, I am super excited for you, that definitely must be a thrill! Bet you are not getting any sleep, I wouldn't be.

Best of luck with everything,

Eddie

Dkarc@Aol.com
04-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Looks good John. Let me know if you want any system design help.

-Ryan

srusso
04-06-2009, 09:10 PM
I cant wait to see pictures! I also am very excited for you, if you have drawn up some plans we would love to see them!

John_Nicholson
04-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks everyone. D'Wyatt is the man with the written plans. I tend to keep them in my head...LOL. Might as well there is nothing else up there.....Hopefully I will get the rest of the kennel down this weekend.

-john

Dkarc@Aol.com
04-06-2009, 09:41 PM
So what is your goal with this fish house John? I assume you'll be using recirculating systems?

-Ryan

Darren's Discus
04-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Is it finished yet !Is it finished yet !Is it finished yet !Is it finished yet !Is it finished yet ! Looks like it's gonna be great John,look forward to the updates !

cheers

Scribbles
04-07-2009, 02:01 AM
What a fun and exciting project. I can't wait to watch your progress.

Best of luck!

rickztahone
04-07-2009, 02:53 AM
those were some nice Kennels John. i will build something similar down the line

John_Nicholson
04-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Ryan as the project advances I will keep posting pictures showing the design.

Rickztahone I have raised dogs for over 20 years and about have this kennel thing figured out. If you want any thoughts on the things that I did right and on my mistakes let me know.

-john

P.S. Jim, D'Wyatt missed out on the take down, but I am sure he will more then put his time in before its done...LOL

korbi_doc
04-07-2009, 10:51 AM
:) Congrats John on the new project!! Look forward to the pics....my fishroom is intact, but I've not been able to do much with it due to illness lately....hope we can visit again with you & the family someday....what are the kids doing with the horses? Good luck & have fun with the new fishes....I knew you couldn't stay away long, lol!!

Dottie

rickztahone
04-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Ryan as the project advances I will keep posting pictures showing the design.

Rickztahone I have raised dogs for over 20 years and about have this kennel thing figured out. If you want any thoughts on the things that I did right and on my mistakes let me know.

-john

P.S. Jim, D'Wyatt missed out on the take down, but I am sure he will more then put his time in before its done...LOL

yeah that sounds great John, thanks. i had been breeding dogs for about 8 yrs but i had to stop when we moved to an apartment complex. hopefully in the near future we will get a big enough house to build a kennel that holds maybe 20 dogs total. i love the idea of a centralized building with the feeding done from there. looks practical and somewhat simple to make (observation only) which is a real plus. i will pm you with schematics to not draw from the thread. thanks for the offer

DGman
04-07-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm not a big fan of swinging a pick That's some hard work. I did lug a little bit of the cinder block but hardly any. So far this is all John.
He didn't want me to work to hard I might of ended up laying on the ground.
Tryin to recover from that much work.
D'Wyatt

Tropical Haven
04-07-2009, 01:18 PM
John can't wait to see updated pictures!!!