PDA

View Full Version : Re(or more) Baffled

mcsinny99
04-10-2009, 03:21 AM
So I was going to do a water change on the 65 tonight (the other eggs on the bottom fungused, didn't expect much, oh well) and to my surprise I walked in on a discus 3-way! This time the Rsg, the big leopard (the one that was ran off last time, apparently not into fidelity) and the other ring eruption. This is on one hand frustrating the crap out of me, on the other it is freaking hilarous. I don't know if anyone else has seen this kind of behaivior before, but I feel like the luckiest and most baffled discus guy I know. I will keep posted on this, since it is just nuts, and hopefully I'll get some wrigglers some time. I took a video so you can play it for your fish, maybe some with some Barry White, some champagne, and some dim lighting, ohhh yaaa.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kze75dsAxDw

Diamond Discus
04-10-2009, 10:47 AM
That's very cool. I have some pictures of my Pigeon Blood three way (2 Red Panda and 1 Tangerine). It's amazing how they decide to cooperate when they are in a group. Those are some beautiful fish you have!

Roxanne
04-10-2009, 07:32 PM
..I took a video so you can play it for your fish, maybe some with some Barry White, some champagne, and some dim lighting, ohhh yaaa.;)

yah baby:D....discus can't count:D....

geez you got nice fish(can't stop saying that)

Eddie
04-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Super nice discus, they look amazing.

Eddie

rickztahone
04-11-2009, 02:56 AM
wow, great looking discus. what kind of camcorder do you have? the video looks awesome in HQ.

Elite Aquaria
04-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Did you notice if one of the fish was a male???

If so, I would put both females in a separate tank and move the male from tank to tank...;)

AquatiCreations
04-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Did you notice if one of the fish was a male???

If so, I would put both females in a separate tank and move the male from tank to tank...;)

Lol, A Discus Playa:bandana:!

kaceyo
04-11-2009, 04:23 PM
They look great. Have you watched them close enough to pick out the male? Assuming there is one, of course. Find the male and put him with the female that best suites him.

Kacey

mcsinny99
04-11-2009, 10:55 PM
I am trying to figure out the male. My guess is the ring eruption who is the smallest of three, again go figure. My problem is how do you know for sure with size difference in the fish? It looks like the smaller tube of the 3, but it was kind of hard to say with them running each other over.

The camera is a cannon sx110 is. I didn't think it looked that great, but thank you.:)

Roxanne
04-12-2009, 02:56 AM
the female will have eggs at the entrance of her...thingy.....if you can see something pointy, it's a male.;).

Rox

kirkp
04-12-2009, 08:45 AM
LOL Thingy.... the newest anatomical phrase.

Kirk