PDA

View Full Version : Some shot with my new toy.

DiscusOnly
04-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Recently got a new new camera so still learning all it's features.

Here are a few pictures of 2 of my tanks.

DiscusOnly
04-10-2009, 10:04 AM
A few more.

Eddie
04-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Recently got a new new camera so still learning all it's features.

Here are a few pictures of 2 of my tanks.

Gorgeous fish you have there, super nice. So what camera did you end up getting?

Eddie

DiscusOnly
04-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Gorgeous fish you have there, super nice. So what camera did you end up getting?

Thanks Eddie,

I originally got the Nikon D60. Kept it for 2 days and then decided to step up to the D90. My kids have a few end of school year activies so I figure I'll make use of the video feature.

I am still trying to learn all the features in these DSLR camera. The last time I use SLR was in high school when I had a few Minolta SRT camera

BTW.. yes these tanks are overstocked by the standard 10gal/fish rule but they get daily 80% WC

Van

Eddie
04-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks Eddie,

I originally got the Nikon D60. Kept it for 2 days and then decided to step up to the D90. My kids have a few end of school year activies so I figure I'll make use of the video feature.

I am still trying to learn all the features in these DSLR camera. The last time I use SLR was in high school when I had a few Minolta SRT camera

BTW.. yes these tanks are overstocked by the standard 10gal/fish rule but they get daily 80% WC

Van

Oh no Van, don't worry...all my tanks are overstocked. It's all in the WCs as I can see you know all about. ;)

Those are some great photos so you must be learning fast. ;)

Eddie

DiscusOnly
04-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks but I am told by my friend that I am not doing justice for the camera with those pics. He recommended a different lense for taking pictures of the tanks. The lens that came with the camera isn't fast enough for picture down the basement.

Here are a few better pictures of some non-fish photo.

Eddie
04-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Ah, cute kids!

I think you are doing well with the camera.

Eddie

seanyuki
04-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi Van,

Nice collection you got there....how big is your tank?.....thanks for sharing those lovely photos.

Cheers
Francis:)

DiscusOnly
04-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks Francis. Those are 75 gallons tank. I am hoping to get something big one day (300 gallon acrylic would be nice) and put most of my discus in there.

stanlee
04-10-2009, 10:50 AM
francis,
your avatar also very nice fishes. can't help but noticed.
are those RGD? and where from if i may ask?
thnks:)

Scribbles
04-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Incredible discus and cute kids. Enjoy the new camera.

BTW it's impossible not to overstock a discus tank, you just gotta have one more.:D

Chris

waters10
04-10-2009, 04:27 PM
What's that big guy on the last 3 pics of your second post? Fineline snakeskin? Beautiful! :)

DiscusOnly
04-10-2009, 04:49 PM
The 2 big guys (almost 100% that they are both male) in the tank with mostly reg pigeon were Kenny's 8" giant snake skin from last August shipment. Actually most of the discus in the 2 tanks are from Kenny (albino golden were 2.5" last June). The 2 RGD are also from Kenny. Red Marboro pigeon were Dan's home bred.

Eddie
04-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks Francis. Those are 75 gallons tank. I am hoping to get something big one day (300 gallon acrylic would be nice) and put most of my discus in there.

Holy! I thought I overstocked, thats dang good. 14 in a 75 gallon, woohoo, that has got to be a chore and your tank looks super clean too. Great work there Van.

Eddie

waters10
04-10-2009, 11:34 PM
The 2 big guys (almost 100% that they are both male) in the tank with mostly reg pigeon were Kenny's 8" giant snake skin from last August shipment. Actually most of the discus in the 2 tanks are from Kenny (albino golden were 2.5" last June). The 2 RGD are also from Kenny. Red Marboro pigeon were Dan's home bred.
Beautiful snake skins! They look huge compared to the other fish! I thought I was getting tired of spotted/striated strains, then I saw those!

Oh and post bigger pics on photobucket or something similar. Your new shiny camera is begging for this!!

Elite Aquaria
04-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Great looking tank shots....I was going to get one of those DSLR cameras but I can't even figure out how to use the one that I have...:confused:

Eddie
04-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Great looking tank shots....I was going to get one of those DSLR cameras but I can't even figure out how to use the one that I have...:confused:

LOL, yeah Dan...thats why I just get the point and shoot type cameras. Even those type have too much going on for me to understand.

Eddie

DiscusOnly
04-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Dan,

Point and Shoot does a very good job already and still my prefer choice when the kids go to the park.

Here are a few more pics of my mostly turq tank. The stock aquarium lighting really bring out the color in the blue tank. Also is a pic of my only non-discus. He got a bad case of heater burn so he is in the hospital tank.

Eddie
04-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Dan,

Point and Shoot does a very good job already and still my prefer choice when the kids go to the park.

Here are a few more pics of my mostly turq tank. The stock aquarium lighting really bring out the color in the blue tank. Also is a pic of my only non-discus. He got a bad case of heater burn so he is in the hospital tank.

Very nice tanks Van, super clean.

Eddie

DiscusOnly
04-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Very nice tanks Van, super clean.

Thanks Eddie. I don't feed home made food so I guess it's much easier to keep it clean. I've been meaning to try your sea food mix recipe but I can't get myself around to getting the seafood. I hate touching fish or shrimp because I don't eat them (kinda ironic isn't it?)

Eddie
04-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks Eddie. I don't feed home made food so I guess it's much easier to keep it clean. I've been meaning to try your sea food mix recipe but I can't get myself around to getting the seafood. I hate touching fish or shrimp because I don't eat them (kinda ironic isn't it?)

LOL, yes that is ironic. I don't mind touching, its the eating part for me. I hate the taste of fish. :(

Eddie