PDA

View Full Version : CO2 non return valve question/problem

ilaizm
04-11-2009, 07:26 AM
I am setting up my first pressurized CO2 system. I did a non return valve between the reactor and the bubble counter.

With the CO2 switched off water passes through the CO2 tubing from the reactor to the non return valve. The water is not stopping there, some water is still going through the non return valve and stops when it arrives at the bubble counter. I am sure the non return valve is set up in the correct direction because I also tried it in the opposite direction and the flow of water that passed the non return valve was much faster.

Is the non return valve non functioning properly or is it normal that some water still passes through it?

captain morgan
04-11-2009, 09:52 AM
No water should be passing by your check valve at all, if some is it is not working properly. Is the valve made of plastic or brass? You should have one made of brass for Co2. You should also have a second valve between your bubble counter and the Co2 cylinder.

ilaizm
04-12-2009, 06:41 AM
Thats what I thought. The valve is made of plastic but I found it specifically under the CO2 check valves. Then I guess i'll have to replace it with a brass one.

Thanks