PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!!!!!!!!! i need to decide...need help on this one.

shahrezsyed
04-13-2009, 11:02 AM
:mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:angry::a ngry::angry::angry:
its just that my mom was gona buy me a 110 gallon tank . i was going to grow my new angel fry and then keep 12 and yes 12 discus in it which has been my dream.(discus newbie)
but my mum,s salary is gonna arrive around 10th may. and my angelfish fry are already making their transition to free swiming from wigglers.
so if i buy a cheap 10-14 gal. tank for them now, i wo,nt be able to have my dream 110 gallon discus tank.
i was thinking of giving my fry to someone because there,s just no way, i,m givin up on discus.
shahrez

dpt8
04-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Good plan... It definitely will be worth it in the looooong haul. Take your time cycling out that large tank also !! Have fun and don't stress..

poconogal
04-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Do I understand what you said correctly? You were going to keep 12 Angels and 12 Discus in a 110? Way, way too many fish for a 110. You can keep 12 Discus in the 110 and a clean up crew, maybe a school of little fish too, but definitely not 12 Discus and 12 Angels, especially once they grow some.

If its your dream to have the Discus and that 110, give the Angels away. Maybe sometime later on down the line you can open another tank and have Angels in that one.

Yassmeena
04-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Do I understand what you said correctly? You were going to keep 12 Angels and 12 Discus in a 110? Way, way too many fish for a 110. You can keep 12 Discus in the 110 and a clean up crew, maybe a school of little fish too, but definitely not 12 Discus and 12 Angels, especially once they grow some.

If its your dream to have the Discus and that 110, give the Angels away. Maybe sometime later on down the line you can open another tank and have Angels in that one.

I agree with this. You will more likely than not be VERY happy with just the discus.

shahrezsyed
04-14-2009, 01:16 AM
i did,nt say i was gonna keep 12 angels and 12 discus together. i meant i was gonna grow my new angelfish fry.then i was gonna sell em and then keep my discus separately. i.e: when the tank has been emptied after selling all my new angelfish.
shahrez

shahrezsyed
04-14-2009, 11:46 AM
mom,s got a new job in the asian development bank..which means 13000 dollars salary..and that is why she told me to not worry and i can have as many large(over 100 gallon) tanks for discus in my room. and i,m gonna buy three 3gal tanks for my angelfish fry.they only cost 17 dollars per tank and they come with a VERY small airpump,tiny stand,hood and airstone...now that,s a bargain.
so my new plan is divide the fry into three equal parts,raise them in the small tanks till 20 may then raise them till they are half grown in the 110 gallon,then sell all of them and finally get my 12 discus yipeeeeeeeeeeeee:0:)))))))))))))))))))