PDA

View Full Version : Potassium chloride?

Patr1ck
04-14-2009, 02:59 AM
Im looking for potassium chloride to put in my water softener to mix 50% "softened" water with 50% of the original hard tap water, but everywhere that I used to buy it from, no longer carries it. Does anybody know why its so hard to find?

Thanks,
Pat

fishkeeper59
04-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi Pat, from what i was told that one of the major mine where potassium chloride is taken from had a incident where the mine collapsed, i too use potassium chloride for my water softener and works great. i am able to get them at OSH at $30.00 a bag. which is ridiculous,but we must do for the betterment of the DISCUS. good luck

nickmcmechan
04-14-2009, 12:39 PM
have you tried aqua essentials - not sure if they stock it but they do stock dry ferts for planted setups

Patr1ck
04-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi Pat, from what i was told that one of the major mine where potassium chloride is taken from had a incident where the mine collapsed, i too use potassium chloride for my water softener and works great. i am able to get them at OSH at $30.00 a bag. which is ridiculous,but we must do for the betterment of the DISCUS. good luck

I just received an email from morton that said that their supplier is having a problem with the production of potash. Thats probably the same thing that you are talking about. Thank you

Pat