PDA

View Full Version : Video, A Pair?

Eddie
04-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Do you breeding experts think these 2 are a pair? These are the 2 suspects.

Thanks

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/pair/th_Pair.jpg (http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/pair/?action=view&current=Pair.flv)

patrick richard
04-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Eddie, I am definitly no expert, But I sure do think you have yourself a beautiful pair. I can't get enough of that shimmying and shaking. Good luck with them. I know you will keep us posted.

Patrick

kirkp
04-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Come on Eddie. Shimmying, cleaning a spawning site, chasing off other fish. Hmmmmm, let me see. YES! Course what do I know as my pair hasn't spawned. Beautiful fish. Are those the heckel crosses?

Kirk

seanyuki
04-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Nice video Eddie...caught them at the right time....I better sleep in my fish room to follow up any breeding pairs:D

Cheers
Francis:)

Eddie
04-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Eddie, I am definitly no expert, But I sure do think you have yourself a beautiful pair. I can't get enough of that shimmying and shaking. Good luck with them. I know you will keep us posted.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, they have been doing this for about 3 weeks, guarding their side of the tank. We'll see what happens. I just picked up a nice 29 gallon for them if they do end up being a definite pair.

Take care Patrick,

Eddie

robby ram
04-14-2009, 10:42 PM
nice.. expecting babies..

Eddie
04-14-2009, 10:56 PM
nice.. expecting babies..

Maybe....hopefully.

Eddie

mcsinny99
04-14-2009, 11:09 PM
I'd call that a pair unless you have 2 females. Good luck anyway, nice fish!

Eddie
04-14-2009, 11:31 PM
I'd call that a pair unless you have 2 females. Good luck anyway, nice fish!

Thanks, we'll see. No egg laying and it's been 3 weeks of this mumbo jumbo:D

Eddie

Chad Adams
04-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Eddie,
I would have to say yes, they display all the right moves.
By the way-Gorgeous Fish!
Chad

Eddie
04-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Eddie,
I would have to say yes, they display all the right moves.
By the way-Gorgeous Fish!
Chad

Thanks Chad, the Heckel X I grew out from about 2.5 inches total length. The spotted fish I only acquired about a month ago so it was already grown out. I think the spotted fish is the female and my heckel x is the male but thats just my slightly educated guess. LOL

Thanks again,
Eddie

Rod
04-15-2009, 07:04 AM
I think the spotted fish is the female and my heckel x is the male but thats just my slightly educated guess. LOL

Sure looks like it too me as well. I love that heckel x Eddie, hes a ripper! :)

TankWatcher
04-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Looking forward to flipper, flapper of tiny fins soon, eh Eddie :)

Eddie
04-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Sure looks like it too me as well. I love that heckel x Eddie, hes a ripper! :)

Thanks Rod, hopefully I can keep his good looks in his youngins. ;)

Looking forward to flipper, flapper of tiny fins soon, eh Eddie :)

Ahhh, maybe Robyn. They get close here and there but the female is playing games.....you know, that NEVER HAPPENS. LOL

Eddie

DLock3d
04-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Eddie, where did you get that type of driftwood? Does anyone in the states know where I can order/buy some like that?

hedut
04-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Congrats and good luck, don't forget to update their any wingles:D:D:D.

Hendri

frenchie100
04-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Congratulations Eddie!!!!! That's is so exciting! To me when you see behavior like, it makes all our work worth it because you know your fish are happy enough to want to breed. A true testament to your hard work.;););)

DLock- That's wood from www.manzanita.com. I just ordered some today and they are in CA.

-Julie

Eddie
04-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Congratulations Eddie!!!!! That's is so exciting! To me when you see behavior like, it makes all our work worth it because you know your fish are happy enough to want to breed. A true testament to your hard work.;););)

DLock- That's wood from www.manzanita.com. I just ordered some today and they are in CA.

-Julie

Thanks Julie and Hendri

Eddie

MostlyDiscus
04-15-2009, 08:13 PM
LMAO... females teeze? aw come on:antlers:. A pair indeed, and a nice pair at that. So Eddie, you going to hire a film crew to get this on tape? Survivor mans crew seems to have it together, or maybe Ron Howard or something eh?

Ed

P.S. You know if you if have babies your getting more tanks:argue: Welcome to the dark side.

Eddie
04-15-2009, 08:26 PM
LMAO... females teeze? aw come on:antlers:. A pair indeed, and a nice pair at that. So Eddie, you going to hire a film crew to get this on tape? Survivor mans crew seems to have it together, or maybe Ron Howard or something eh?

Ed

P.S. You know if you if have babies your getting more tanks:argue: Welcome to the dark side.

You like that huh, she is just prancing all around the tank. I know I have more males in the tank than females. She is taking big advantage of it...kind of like when a female gets deployed out to the desert, its like 5000 guys to one girl. SOMEBODY starts feeling like a movie star. LOL

Not gonna get a film crew, the wife is already giving me a hard time saying I'm making b-rate x-rated discus films. She is so funny.

About the tanks, Already got the wood for my dual 55 tank stand. Picked up another 29 for a breeder and thats it, NO MORE! For now anyways. LOL

Take care Ed,

Eddie

MostlyDiscus
04-15-2009, 09:49 PM
ROTFLMAO. Your a funny guy. When you get deployed back stateside we have to hang.

Scribbles
04-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Congratulations! Fingers crossed that they seal the deal.

Chris

Eddie
04-15-2009, 11:17 PM
ROTFLMAO. Your a funny guy. When you get deployed back stateside we have to hang.

Definitely!

Congratulations! Fingers crossed that they seal the deal.

Chris

Thanks, yeah...just gonna let them do their thing. ;)

Eddie

Muzammil
04-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi!

Beautiful fish you have!:) Hope they will form a pair for you. But these might be two males. I had the same situation in my tank i.e cleaning and shimming all the time but no eggs. As soon as I introduce a mature female a fight begun.Can you post pics of their vents? There are very experienced guys here on simply who can tell you by looking at their vents:).

Muzammil

Diamond Discus
04-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Very nice pair. I love watching Discus spawning behaviors.

Eddie
04-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi!

Beautiful fish you have!:) Hope they will form a pair for you. But these might be two males. I had the same situation in my tank i.e cleaning and shimming all the time but no eggs. As soon as I introduce a mature female a fight begun.Can you post pics of their vents? There are very experienced guys here on simply who can tell you by looking at their vents:).

Muzammil

Thanks, I'll have to take a look. I kind of used Andrew Soh's method of sexing the fish and it seems to work but still, no eggs at the moment. Constant cleaning, both the fish.

Very nice pair. I love watching Discus spawning behaviors.

Thanks Sue, me too. :)

Eddie

Eddie
04-20-2009, 03:25 AM
Any day now, the spotted is doing dry runs as the heckel X gets anxious. :)

Eddie

Mr Wild
04-20-2009, 04:43 AM
Ooooh exciting!

Eddie
04-20-2009, 04:46 AM
Yeah, I tend not to go and stare at them so the Heckel X may be eating the eggs. The wife says either way the Heckel X is getting something, babies or omlettes. She is CRAZY! LOL

Eddie

Stormy
04-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Very nice pair you have there, can't wait to follow your posts on raising their fry:)

Eddie
04-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Very nice pair you have there, can't wait to follow your posts on raising their fry:)

Yeah, I won't get my hopes up. The color combination will throw some weird fry. A RSG and Heckel Turq X. The babies will probably turn out looking like mud. LOL

We'll see what happens. They will have some interesting fry I think.

Eddie