PDA

View Full Version : A suitable male for my female

frenchie100
04-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Can someone tell me what my options are as far as what type of discus I can pair with my female domestic brown. She is from Kenny's Jan shipment and if I remember correctly she is an F1 wild cross (?), coorect me if I am wrong. I want a suitable male for her because right now she is with a PB.

I don't want to do anything that is going to "reduce" the quality of the species.

Here a pic, thanks!
-Julie

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l62/jcain100/Discus/IMG_0956.jpg

Eddie
04-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey Julie, may I suggest another Brown or Turquoise fish. ;)

Eddie

frenchie100
04-15-2009, 10:07 PM
ooooouuh, A turq huh! That- I like!:)

What about any wild cross. Is there a rule on what you can breed together?
What about an albino wild x ?

-Julie

rickztahone
04-15-2009, 10:11 PM
how about we set up a 20g at your house or mine and put ours together? im like 90% sure mine is a male. wouldnt that be something? im just messing btw, but a brown fish would be great

Eddie
04-15-2009, 10:13 PM
ooooouuh, A turq huh! That- I like!:)

What about any wild cross. Is there a rule on what you can breed together?
What about an albino wild x ?

-Julie

Not sure Julie, I'm think you would get mainly browns but I am no expert. Might have to pop that question to Rod. ;)

Eddie

frenchie100
04-15-2009, 11:26 PM
A man Ricardo!!! I thought your were serious for a second!! That would have been perfect ;).

Although aren't they technically brother and sister? Is that considered inbreeding in fish or not?

Eddie
04-15-2009, 11:28 PM
A man Ricardo!!! I thought your were serious for a second!! That would have been perfect ;).

Although aren't they technically brother and sister? Is that considered inbreeding in fish or not?

Fish can inbreed, just not good to keep on inbreeding. I'd have them two try. ;)

Eddie

frenchie100
04-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah, but Ricardo was just kidding!

Of course I would steal his fish in a heartbeat but I heard him say quite a few times that it was his favorite fish! :D

-Julie

rickztahone
04-16-2009, 12:06 AM

the reason i was teasing was due to them being from the same batch but if that isn't a problem then i don't have a problem with it. the only reason a flag went up is because when i was breeding dogs i never inbred but did line-breed which is not directly brother/sister type thing. if your up to it Julie we might work it out but there is no telling if they will get along and both of them seem to be the agrressive type. call me up

frenchie100
04-16-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm definitely calling you tomorrow! :D

-Julie