PDA

View Full Version : Stealth heaters

mcsinny99
04-16-2009, 11:29 PM
I just found out stealth will replace broken heaters if you contact them since they have a lifetime guarantee. Does anyone out there have the instructions that come with the heater? I have a pile of these and need the number to call them and get replacements.
Thanks ahead of time.:)

moik
04-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Find Marinelands web-site and look for warranty info/claims on the web-site...call the number and they will give the shipping info. done this several times

cc_woman
04-18-2009, 10:17 PM
That's the nice thing about stealth, anything goes wrong you just send it in to them and they replace it. If however it breaks due to something you did (like drop it) then I don't think the lifetime guarantee is in effect. Here is their contact page for you.

http://www.marineland.com/sites/Marineland/CustomerService/ContactUs.aspx?id=1814

Eddie
04-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Yeah but the hassle of having to send it back and forth and back and forth. I mean, they might as well send you a new one every year with prepaid postage because after a year the one you have on hand is sure to fail.

Eheim is the heat.

Eddie

cc_woman
04-18-2009, 10:59 PM
I have an older model of ebo jager on my discus tank, works excellent and has been for the past 7 years. Apparently now that eheim has taken them over the heaters aren't as good. But I do like eheim over other brands in most cases. A friend of mine who has alot of experience in the hobby swears by the stealth heaters over any others (except the old ebo's)

Eddie
04-18-2009, 11:21 PM
The change over had some glitches but once you get them worked out, its all gravy. Haven't had any of my very first Eheim Jagers fail on me and they have been running for 5 years. The latest ones I've received, I have had to re-cal them but only once.

Eddie

poconogal
04-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah but the hassle of having to send it back and forth and back and forth. I mean, they might as well send you a new one every year with prepaid postage because after a year the one you have on hand is sure to fail.

Eheim is the heat.

Eddie

Ha, after a year? How about after 3-1/2 weeks? Or dead out of the box? And how about the fish that are in the tank when the heater dies?

Eddie, my LFS uses Eheim Jager heaters. I was talking with him the other day about heaters and he loves them and they've been in his tanks for years now. I don't know if I even want to get replacements for my 2 Stealths that failed. I mean, why bother? Well, maybe just to have for an emergency day's use till I can buy another heater, if ever needed...

kirkp
04-19-2009, 11:57 AM
I've got two stealths and luckily (knock on wood) there have been no issues. I also just purchased 6 ebo jagers (250w) and they did need recalibrating. Now that that's done, they are spot on. At this time, I feel comfortable saying that I'll be staying with the Ebo Jagers.

Kirk