PDA

View Full Version : so cutsey & cuddly....

ApacheDan
04-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Just wanted to share this pic ...it happened in a Zoo in Germany....the lady thought the bears were so cute that she actually jumped in the pool and swam towards them to give them a hug:confused: she was lucky to be rescued and taken to the hospital, her back and butt were hurting....

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/thunderfoil/polarbear.jpg

Diamond Discus
04-20-2009, 11:01 AM
I saw that video on the news...Ouch

sp33dy25
04-20-2009, 01:40 PM
maybe she found her long lost parent.

brewmaster15
04-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Amazing....To take a total leave of absence of all your common sense.:confused::confused::confused::confused:..do something utterly ridiculous and life threatening, and to survive..Just amazing!!!!

Lucky woman....

Gee...maybe they should show a short movie of exactly how a polar bear hunts ..Not a predator I would want to jump in a pool with!:(
-al

rickztahone
04-20-2009, 02:09 PM
i saw that story on CNN as well and she was being called stupid for doing such a think. to be quite honest i comppetely agreed with them and have no sympathy for said woman

ApacheDan
04-20-2009, 02:21 PM
From what I read, a few things saved her....the bears had just been fed and they were actually toying with her (before eating her) like a cat plays with a mouse. When she felt the first bite (ouch) her survival instinct took over, she let go of her sweater, and made a mad dash to the wall. It also help that she was kind of on the hefty/meaty side and the bears had something to chew on :p

all kinds of stupid people on earth....haven't you heard about "diving with the sharks" tourist attractions.....oh sharks are so cute too..LOL

Autumn Wind
04-20-2009, 02:38 PM
I say let Darwinism take it's course.

Scribbles
04-20-2009, 02:50 PM

Darn, you beat me to it. LOL

Chris

Scribbles
04-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Awww...a new enrichment exercise for bears "bobbing for morons":D

Chris

DLock3d
04-20-2009, 04:08 PM

I love you...

sp33dy25
04-20-2009, 04:17 PM
she had to have saw something ...either she mistaken the bear for a long lost relative or it could have just been a twinkie in the pool.

a hefty lady like that 1st had to scale a cement wall then take a leap of faith into that pool of water..beyond insanity...

bs6749
04-20-2009, 06:54 PM
The polar bear just thought it was a seal. Even I had to do a double take.

calihawker
04-20-2009, 06:57 PM
This type of story brings a ray of shining light to my normally dull day:D

Steve

Ed13
04-20-2009, 07:18 PM
:rolleyes:Seriously....???

Are we looking at devolution?:rolleyes:

Autumn Wind
04-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Darn, you beat me to it. LOL

Chris
I thought it was pointing out the obvious but sometimes my mouth gets me in trouble ;)

I love you...
I love you too! :D

Scribbles
04-20-2009, 10:01 PM
On a more serious note though ...Why is someone videoing this instead of putting down the camera to call for help or try to distract the bear. Is it more important to post a video on u-tube than to help somebody? Why would someone tape another person being mauled torn apart and killed? Anyone else find that disturbing?

Chris

FLGirl1977
04-20-2009, 10:11 PM
On a more serious note though ...Why is someone videoing this instead of putting down the camera to call for help or try to distract the bear. Is it more important to post a video on u-tube than to help somebody? Why would someone tape another person being mauled torn apart and killed? Anyone else find that disturbing?

Chris

As much as it disgraces me to say it.... it's human nature. Really... think about it, every time someone drives by and there is an accident, why is it do you think that everyone has to slow down to take a look, and sometimes causes an accident themselves? And really, I was watching the video... the person that was holding the camera from where they were wouldn't have been able to do much... it's sad but true. I really don't understand this behavior, it's kinda like the guy that went camping in the woods with his girlfriend with bears and was never to be seen again... all that was left was some audio of him getting mauled... no one was there to bail him out. :(

calihawker
04-20-2009, 11:54 PM

Chris

Ahh Chris you're spoiling all the fun:mad:

But seriously your right, it is a very unfortunate side of our nature that we sensationalize the suffering of others for our own entertainment.

I heard said once that almost every time you laugh, it's at the expense of another:confused:

Steve

rickztahone
04-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Ahh Chris you're spoiling all the fun:mad:

But seriously your right, it is a very unfortunate side of our nature that we sensationalize the suffering of others for our own entertainment.

I heard said once that almost every time you laugh, it's at the expense of another:confused:

Steve

negative, i laugh with my daughter all the time at nobody's expense

Amaris5
04-21-2009, 02:20 AM
i saw that story on CNN as well and she was being called stupid for doing such a think. to be quite honest i comppetely agreed with them and have no sympathy for said woman

rickztahone
04-21-2009, 02:21 AM

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

ApacheDan
04-21-2009, 07:15 AM

Chris

Why? imagine this: this picture and videos have circulated the world over and probably make it in one of those Discovery Channels "when animals attack" type of programs. Whoever took the pics and videos sell the rights to the highest bidder and if they know what they're doing, everytime the pic/video gets rebroadcasted, they have to pay a fee. We are not taking YouTube for free, but the news stations, paid TV channels. I would say the pics commands at least $100k and the video could hit $500k easily. Not a bad deal for being with a camera at the right time, witnessing a stupid act..:D

Scribbles
04-21-2009, 01:05 PM
I don't have a problem with people laughing at or making fun of other people doing stupid things. It just disturbed me that someone wanted to film someone else being brutally torn apart instead of doing anything at all to try to help them. I shouldn't have commented. Didn't mean to spoil the fun.

Chris

MSD
04-21-2009, 01:08 PM
You do know, besides the act confirming, that this woman suffers from mental problems. You are razzing a retarded person who's only crime is being without her caretaker.:D I believe this is the woman from the British American Idol who looks bad but sings like an angel ? yes?

brewmaster15
04-21-2009, 02:10 PM
You do know, besides the act confirming, that this woman suffers from mental problems. You are razzing a retarded person who's only crime is being without her caretaker.

Mark,
I've looked all over the web and I can't find anything definitive on that...best I can tell is she was a teacher and speculation was she was depressed about her job.... If you have something else for info...please let me know ..Thanks
-al

MSD
04-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Personally Al it doesn't bother me as I have a rather thick skin, as you know. :D I did leave out the smiley from that post making it appear more somber. The bear allegedly attacked in fear the woman was in a mating frenzy. :o

brewmaster15
04-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Personally Al it doesn't bother me as I have a rather thick skin,as you know. :D I did leave out the smiley from that post making it appear more somber. The bear allegedly attacked in fear the woman was in a mating frenzy. :o
ROTFLMAO:D
-al

FLGirl1977
04-21-2009, 05:24 PM
The bear allegedly attacked in fear the woman was in a mating frenzy. :o

Ditto that Al... I can't stop laughing after reading that! :laugh:

Ed13
04-21-2009, 07:11 PM
The fact that she was a teacher is WAY more disturbing than someone recording the act.

The bear allegedly attacked in fear the woman was in a mating frenzy. :o

LOL, I'd too be bitting and scratching if I was the bear in this case.:p

MSD
04-21-2009, 08:23 PM
The bears were allegdly singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYi02X7Nv9k&feature=player_embedded

Autumn Wind
04-21-2009, 11:07 PM
You guys crack me up.
But seriously IF the woman was mentally retarded than she would not have been at the zoo by herself and the blame would SOLELY be on the person in charge of her care. I'm sure this is not the case as the media would have been all over that.
I have people very close to me that are mentally retarded and even they say she was stupid :D

how's that for irony :confused:

Autumn Wind
04-21-2009, 11:11 PM
The fact that she was a teacher is WAY more disturbing than someone recording the act.

I totally agree! How would those of you with school aged kids feel about this as a 'role model'?

Roxanne
04-22-2009, 01:14 AM
...I believe this is the woman from the British American Idol who looks bad but sings like an angel ? yes?

How shallow are people when they criticise people's looks. As shallow as the water that fool jumped into. And as for "rescuing" her? Jumping in there to rescue her would be just as foolish.

Roxanne
04-22-2009, 01:17 AM
....and how could she be a school teacher if she is retarded? Retarded people don't do that stupid crap. Face it, she's just an idiot. Not unlike the idiots who think they can get close to African wildlife and live to tell!

rickztahone
04-22-2009, 03:14 AM
Personally Al it doesn't bother me as I have a rather thick skin,as you know. :D I did leave out the smiley from that post making it appear more somber. The bear allegedly attacked in fear the woman was in a mating frenzy. :o

i'm laughing alonside Al with that comment

LOL, I'd too be bitting and scratching if I was the bear in this case.:p

i'd hate for this woman to be teaching my daughter in a school setting

The bears were allegdly singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYi02X7Nv9k&feature=player_embedded

i can't believe i clicked that, shame on you, MSD, lol :p

MSD
04-22-2009, 05:05 PM
The mentally challenged of this country are not nearly as dumb as this woman and would NEVER do what she did. They would tell you straight out she is stupid. :D