PDA

View Full Version : Help for a beginner please.

Chris Witterick
04-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi all
My 6 month old Golden Albino has not been eating for 2 days now and I have noticed he/she passes a cloudy white mucous along with his faeces. He does not show any other symptoms and all the others in the tank appear fine. My tank parameters are fine and I feed them a diet of Nova bits, beef heart, bloodworms.
Cheers Chris

Eddie
04-22-2009, 08:02 PM
I would recommend getting some Metrodizanole but 2 days is nothing to fret. The white poo is though and it can be related to a number of things. I'd bump the temp up to 92F and try feeding different foods. If nothing changes, I'd move the fish to a quarantine tank and treat with the metro. Another thing to add is the use of Epsom salt. Sometimes fish develop an internal bacteria infection after Metro treatment, you can see the belly bloated. The epsom will help expend the dead organisms in the belly. Another med to have on hand is a good internal bacterial anti-biotic. Many use Kanamycin with success.

Best of luck,

Eddie

Chris Witterick
04-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks for such a quick reply Basshead. I've turned up the temp and will try some other foods while I work out were to get the meds from.
Thanks Chris.

Roxanne
04-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi all
.. I feed them a diet of Nova bits, beef heart, bloodworms.
Cheers Chris

Gday Chris.....do you feed them fresh or frozen bloodworms?

And, do you get waterlife products in NZ?

Rox

Chris Witterick
04-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Gday Roxanne... They're frozen bloodworms from AHT and no I'v never heard of your product but I'm pretty new to this game.

Cheers Chris.