PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Male or Female

Eddie
04-27-2009, 08:40 PM
For those who can tell, what's your guess on the Leopard in this video? Is it a male or female. I added this leopard to the tank to try and get the Heckel Cross and Spotted to do the deed. I thought it was a male but now I don't know. The Heckel X is doing some interesting moves around him/her.

Thanks for thelp,

Eddie

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/videos/th_Leopard.jpg (http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/videos/?action=view&current=Leopard.flv)

Eddie
04-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Only 3 votes, there has to be more guesses than that. Anybody and everybody, vote away. ;)

Eddie

Roxanne
04-28-2009, 07:58 PM
...show us the thingy...:D

scottthomas
04-28-2009, 10:01 PM
I dont know if its a male or female, only a nice looking fish. Hope you get some eggs soon and you will know. Looks like you might.

Scott

jaykne
04-29-2009, 01:00 AM
Hey Eddie just as a good guess by what I have been reading, the leopard looks like a female to me, can you get a good close up shot of her. And not to make you feel bad but but I am pretty sure I have another pair in my tank don't know whats going on in that tank they are staying in one corner and shanking and both have tubes down:D

Eddie
04-29-2009, 04:35 AM
Hey Eddie just as a good guess by what I have been reading, the leopard looks like a female to me, can you get a good close up shot of her. And not to make you feel bad but but I am pretty sure I have another pair in my tank don't know whats going on in that tank they are staying in one corner and shanking and both have tubes down:D

LOL, Larry...whats in the water over there HAHAHA!! Thats crazy cool.

Best of luck,

Eddie

jaykne
04-29-2009, 06:10 AM
LOL, Larry...whats in the water over there HAHAHA!! Thats crazy cool.

Best of luck,

Eddie

You know I am wondering the same thing, was told get 6 discus that are 3 1/2 and hopefully in a year or so you will get a pair. I had those guy in my tank March 23 they have all put on 3/4" at least and some over an inch. The first pair on second spawn and like I said the other 2 are male and female tube are down, and should spawn any time:D just luck I guess maybe the last 2 will be male and female also hehe.

Eddie
04-29-2009, 06:34 AM
Doing a good job with them! ;)

Eddie

Ed13
04-29-2009, 06:51 AM
I voted male for the leo;)

Eddie
04-29-2009, 06:54 AM
Yup Ed, I thought it was a male too until recently. Just can't seem to pin it down. We'll see, at least hopefully. Either way, they are all going to a community tank cause I gotta make room for my new juvies coming tomorrow. :D

Edie

Ed13
04-29-2009, 07:00 AM
... Either way, they are all going to a community tank cause I gotta make room for my new juvies coming tomorrow. :D

Edie
Now what? Getting more Eddie? lol Me too have to upgrade 16 to their new 125g to make room for the new guys:D

Anyways, I'm getting almost the same behaviour as in the video in my brown tank, I'll let you know.

Eddie
04-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Now what? Getting more Eddie? lol Me too have to upgrade 16 to their new 125g to make room for the new guys:D

Anyways, I'm getting almost the same behaviour as in the video in my brown tank, I'll let you know.

Oh....what surprises you got coming Ed? :D

And I knew something fishy was going on in your brown tank....I called it. LOL

Eddie

scottthomas
04-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Eddie

What kind of Juvies are you getting? More from Kenny and Forrest? I would like some of those spotted albinos and red ss but its taking foreever to finish my fish room.

Scott

Peachtree Discus
04-29-2009, 06:16 PM
i voted female, but its really nothing more than a stab in the wind guess. i voted female cuz you can never have enuf females and i can never get enuf of them saying stuff like....

...show us the thingy...:D

oh, i bet you meant discus, didn't u. ;)

Eddie
04-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Eddie

What kind of Juvies are you getting? More from Kenny and Forrest? I would like some of those spotted albinos and red ss but its taking foreever to finish my fish room.

Scott

Hey Scott, have some of Waynes juvies arriving this afternoon. Only a few though. ;)

i voted female, but its really nothing more than a stab in the wind guess. i voted female cuz you can never have enuf females and i can never get enuf of them saying stuff like....

oh, i bet you meant discus, didn't u. ;)

I know what mean Wes. LOL

I'm leaning more towards female now because they seem to be doing the dance and sticking together alot now. We'll see

Eddie

Durhamdiscus
05-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi Eddie

All three fish in your video look to be males.

The action is just sparring over the right to eat food.

Kindest regards Steve

Eddie
05-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Hi Eddie

All three fish in your video look to be males.

The action is just sparring over the right to eat food.

Kindest regards Steve

Thanks Steve but I think the spotted is a female in this video. I am leaning towards the leopard in the first video, being a male. ;)

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=70475

Since moving them back, the Heckel X and Leopard are fighting over her. She only wants the Heckel X though. :o

Eddie