PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what it is : (

1nvad3r
04-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Hello all just wondering if i should be worried about a a couple of my fish looking like they just got punched in the snout and i could see some blood on the nose area but its not oozing out or anything.Any ideas what caused it :confused: . Those fish have been like that since i got them

thanks

Harv

Eddie
04-28-2009, 01:17 AM
Hello all just wondering if i should be worried about a a couple of my fish looking like they just got punched in the snout and i could see some blood on the nose area but its not oozing out or anything.Any ideas what caused it :confused: . Those fish have been like that since i got them

thanks

Harv

Water issues, although I cannot point directly. 2 of mine get that sometimes and after a nice water change it goes away. Keep an eye out for bacterial infection though. Heard this can develop as well.

Eddie

Roxanne
04-28-2009, 06:15 AM
...a picture would be really helpful if you can get one...does the blood look like a surface vein or spread out like a bruise?

Roxanne

poconogal
04-28-2009, 08:13 AM
I have a yellow faced red melon that has that. She's had that for 3 years. I've read that light faced discus can develop it without it being due to any sort of issue at all, so that may just be normal for your fish too, but it can appear due to bacterial infection as well.

Check out this thread:

http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=68946

Tito
04-28-2009, 09:19 AM
my light faced discus have had it too. comes and goes. i call it their mad face. no microscope needed yet.

Roxanne
04-28-2009, 09:25 AM
...I can think of a few things it would come in handy for...