PDA

View Full Version : Got wrigglers!!

FLGirl1977
04-29-2009, 07:20 PM
My wilds were successful on the second attempt! Unfortunately, I think they were eaten by their parents. :( Oh well, I guess there are many more where those came from!

Eddie
04-29-2009, 07:25 PM
My wilds were successful on the second attempt! Unfortunately, I think they were eaten by their parents. :( Oh well, I guess there are many more where those came from!

Wow Renee, now at least you know these guys/gals put out! LOL

Thats great news.

Take care,

Eddie

FLGirl1977
04-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks Eddie... it was so exciting just to see them, even if they didn't last long! lol... poor little guys.. why would parents eat their young? :confused:

Eddie
04-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks Eddie... it was so exciting just to see them, even if they didn't last long! lol... poor little guys.. why would parents eat their young? :confused:

Cause they are hungry :o I don't know....maybe the fish know they are not ready to be parents yet and just need the practice.

Eddie

seanyuki
04-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi Renee,

Are u using a cone for their spawning ?.....at least you got a pair of breeding wild discus....keep us updated.

Cheers
Francis:)

DiscusChris
04-29-2009, 11:02 PM
we like pics!

rwong2k
04-29-2009, 11:46 PM
congrats!

so what are the specs of your tank =) just curious =)
eg. tank dimensions, temp, photoperiod of your lights =)
thank-you
Raymond

FLGirl1977
04-30-2009, 06:19 AM
Believe it or not they've been in a 40 gallon quarrantine tank for the past 3 weeks for fluke treatment. Prior to that they were in my 120 gallon, but it was so bad that one of my guys stopped eating. All seem to have recovered and I've treated the large tank as well. I have two domestics in my 120 gallon and have been acting/breathing normally for the past 2 weeks. I plan on moving the big guys (wilds) back to the large tank this weekend.

They've been getting daily water changes in their small 40 gallon of about 60% and getting a varied diet of FBS, FBS w/spirulina, Frozen mysis shrimp, FBW and Omega 1 flakes... they gobble everything up immediately and beg constantly (never thought I would ever see them do that). I don't keep a light on them at all, they exhibit symptoms of stress with an overhead light on them.

Oh... Francis, no cone... they have spawned twice in the corner of the tank in the exact same spot, they seem to prefer that area.