PDA

View Full Version : Introducing discus to tank

ilaizm
05-01-2009, 06:17 PM
I just set up a 90G planted tank. I am planning to have 6 discus in it. I know you should ideally add them all together but it is very difficult for me to make that happen. How bad is it if I had to first put in 3 and add another 3 at a later stage?

Roxanne
05-01-2009, 10:56 PM
...it ain't bad..do what works for you....just don't forget to QT the newest ones before you add them to the main tank.

Good Luck

Roxanne:)

poconogal
05-02-2009, 08:15 AM
I have Discus from different sources introduced at different times. I've only had one problem doing this 15 years ago, but I lost the whole tank of Discus. QT the new Discus for at least 6 weeks before adding them to the main tank. Its recommended that to take a single Discus from your main tank, one that is healthy but maybe you don't think is as nice as the others and add it to the QT for 2 weeks. If all remain healthy, you're good to go. That being said, I don't do that.

Do you plan on growing out juvies in a planted tank? For your planted, I would recommend you get sub-adults. Growing out juvies in a planted is very difficult.