PDA

View Full Version : My pair is confirmed :D

Eugene1
05-04-2009, 12:04 AM
my new pair just got confirmed today at their 2nd try. at the first try they ate all the eggs after 24 hours. but this time they laid eggs that look alot darker than the previous batch.and the eggs just turned into wrigglers a few hours ago. im just very happy that my male is fertile cuz they are both 11 months of age. here is some pic i want to share :)

rickztahone
05-04-2009, 12:08 AM
congratulations, that's really good news. good luck in your endeavor

Eugene1
05-04-2009, 12:30 AM
thank you very much Ricardo. im really happy now. i wish the wrigglers will attach to the parents without trouble

rickztahone
05-04-2009, 12:36 AM
thank you very much Ricardo. im really happy now. i wish the wrigglers will attach to the parents without trouble

if not, keep your head up and consider this time their learning experience. at least you know they are fertile which is the best thing

mcsinny99
05-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Good luck! I have been told white pantyhose over the sponge filter can help with PB's.

Eugene1
05-04-2009, 12:41 AM
if not, keep your head up and consider this time their learning experience. at least you know they are fertile which is the best thing

sure :) i just counted there are 120+ wrigglers on the cone. they laid about 150. so i think the hatch rate is pretty good considering my ph is 7 or 7.2 and i use water straight from the tap without aging.

Eugene1
05-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Good luck! I have been told white pantyhose over the sponge filter can help with PB's.

thanks mcsinny99 for the tip

rickztahone
05-04-2009, 12:42 AM
sure :) i just counted there are 120+ wrigglers on the cone. they laid about 150. so i think the hatch rate is pretty good considering my ph is 7 or 7.2 and i use water straight from the tap without aging.

i can't believe you were able to sit down and count 120 wigglers, lol. i would have given up after like 40. btw, i never mentioned it but those are some beautiful pigeons you have there, do you have any full side body shots?

Eugene1
05-04-2009, 12:45 AM
i can't believe you were able to sit down and count 120 wigglers, lol. i would have given up after like 40. btw, i never mentioned it but those are some beautiful pigeons you have there, do you have any full side body shots?

yes i do. here they are http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=69967

rickztahone
05-04-2009, 12:56 AM
i do remember those now, great looking pair indeed. do you know which is the M/F? in the pic in your link, 1st post second pic, is that the male or female? i think that one has the better shape but both look great IMO. you will have some great fry. i want to try my hand at some checkerboard's as well but i don't like dealing with peppering

Eddie
05-04-2009, 01:02 AM
i can't believe you were able to sit down and count 120 wigglers, lol. i would have given up after like 40.

Thats hilarious Ricardo, flipping hilarious! LMAO

Eddie

Eugene1
05-04-2009, 01:02 AM
i do remember those now, great looking pair indeed. do you know which is the M/F? in the pic in your link, 1st post second pic, is that the male or female? i think that one has the better shape but both look great IMO. you will have some great fry. i want to try my hand at some checkerboard's as well but i don't like dealing with peppering

the very first one is the male the one got better score(2nd one) is the female. they both have very light peppering even in breeding condition. i think peppering has to do mostly with genetics. with "good" genetic trait all you need just clean water :)

Eugene1
05-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Thats hilarious Ricardo, flipping hilarious! LMAO

Eddie

LOL. eddie. how are you! iv been feeding them your super tuna/salmon mix and look ! this is what i get :) your mix is just great. and I also read your hackel X has paired with a leopard, how are they doing? any luck yet?

rickztahone
05-04-2009, 01:09 AM
the very first one is the male the one got better score(2nd one) is the female. they both have very light peppering even in breeding condition. i think peppering has to do mostly with genetics. with "good" genetic trait all you need just clean water :)

i would assume that peppering would come out more when breeding due to them turning darker for the benefit of the fry but i might be mistaking. i have a couple of red melons that pepper whenever stressed but you are right about genetics having a great role in how much a pigeon-based discus peppers. i've seen some of Kenny's fish that have no peppering at all. yours still look great and for some reason i would have thought that the second pic was of the male. keep us updated with this batch

Eddie
05-04-2009, 01:13 AM
LOL. eddie. how are you! iv been feeding them your super tuna/salmon mix and look ! this is what i get :) your mix is just great. and I also read your hackel X has paired with a leopard, how are they doing? any luck yet?

Nothing yet Eugene, I've put them in the main tank again to see if they get to 3rd base in there. I moved them too soon I think. No worries though, just working with these fry from Wayne NG.

I am glad they are hitting the mix good. I had no idea it was gonna be such a success. LOL Looks like yours like it. Thats great. Can't wait to see the babies. The dad and ma are beautiful.

Sorry I jumped on the thread like that. That was just the funniest thing I have ever read on the site. Ricardo is a full comedian man....I am still laughing. :D

Eddie

Eugene1
05-04-2009, 01:16 AM
i would assume that peppering would come out more when breeding due to them turning darker for the benefit of the fry but i might be mistaking. i have a couple of red melons that pepper whenever stressed but you are right about genetics having a great role in how much a pigeon-based discus peppers. i've seen some of Kenny's fish that have no peppering at all. yours still look great and for some reason i would have thought that the second pic was of the male. keep us updated with this batch

i think if you look at the real fish you will be able to the first one is the male it got bigger forehead and bigger in size. also i watched their whole spawn process so im positive that the first one is the male and the one with more dense pattern is the female :) ill keep updating.

rickztahone
05-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Sorry I jumped on the thread like that. That was just the funniest thing I have ever read on the site. Ricardo is a full comedian man....I am still laughing. :D

Eddie

Eddie, tell me you'd be able to sit down and count that many wigglers? :p

Eugene1
05-04-2009, 01:21 AM
Nothing yet Eugene, I've put them in the main tank again to see if they get to 3rd base in there. I moved them too soon I think. No worries though, just working with these fry from Wayne NG.

I am glad they are hitting the mix good. I had no idea it was gonna be such a success. LOL Looks like yours like it. Thats great. Can't wait to see the babies. The dad and ma are beautiful.

Eddie
Yup haha. i believe you will hit home run very soon. just drop and raise temp for a few times, thats what i did. 88-->83--->88-->84--> spawned :D

Eddie
05-04-2009, 01:24 AM
Eddie, tell me you'd be able to sit down and count that many wigglers? :p

:laugh: Hell no and if I tried....I'd be WAY OFF. I'd have to round to the nearest 100 dude! LMAO even more man, thats so funny.

Yup haha. i believe you will hit home run very soon. just drop and raise temp for a few times, thats what i did. 88-->83--->88-->84--> spawned :D

Yeah, might have do that then. ;) I don't have room for the breeders now though. I'll have to make some adjustments when the time comes. Thanks for the tip.

Eddie

nyc_discus
05-04-2009, 01:57 AM
congratulation eugene for the wigglers!, keep it update;)
best of you

sanny

SriAngel
05-04-2009, 03:19 AM
Good Luck on the babies! That is a gorgeous pair and im sure they will produce very nice fry.

Regards,
Angel

Eugene1
05-04-2009, 08:30 AM
i took some more pictures this morning to share with all the friends here :). they have moved all the wrigglers to the other side of the cone and both fish seem to be very nice parents. most of the time both parents are guarding the wrigglers except when i feed them, 1 of the parents will keep guarding the wrigglers and other one come to feed, then they take turns. and they are very gentle with each other i didnt see any sign of aggression at all.
here are the pics hehe( i know my tank is very dirty, sorry about that:p)

Eddie
05-04-2009, 08:49 AM
i took some more pictures this morning to share with all the friends here :). they have moved all the wrigglers to the other side of the cone and both fish seem to be very nice parents. most of the time both parents are guarding the wrigglers except when i feed them, 1 of the parents will keep guarding the wrigglers and other one come to feed, then they take turns. and they are very gentle with each other i didnt see any sign of aggression at all.
here are the pics hehe( i know my tank is very dirty, sorry about that:p)

Beautiful pair Eugene!

Best of luck with them and the babies,

Eddie

Eugene1
05-04-2009, 08:54 AM
thanks eddie. its the power of the mix ;)

Eddie
05-04-2009, 09:03 AM
thanks eddie. its the power of the mix ;)

LOL, thats good news then. ;)

Take care,

Eddie

Eugene1
05-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Quick update:
Its been almost 3 days since the eggs has turned into wrigglers. they start to fall off the cone. both parents constantly catch them then blow them back to the cone. but the wrigglers seem not to stick well to the cone anymore. no casualties so far.