PDA

View Full Version : bad timing

nickmcmechan
05-04-2009, 04:12 PM
you may know from some of my other posts that i got my breeding pair 2 1/2 weeks ago. they have been fine, in fact they have spawned twice, but on both occassions the eggs have dissappeard...there are no tankmates

they have been stressed from day one and have only been eating for a week

the second spawning was yesterday, after the eggs dissapeared the female has been really stressed, when i come in the room she slips under the wood, and literally starts lying horizontal

i was watching them more closely before water change just now.

Both have white dots (not raised as in Whitespot) on their Anal and Tail Fins along with white strings (its not poo)

i'm maybe being naiive here but could this simply be sand attaching to the increased level of slimecoat with spawning...or is finrot starting?

the second problem is tomorrow morning i'm away for two days on business and the only treatment i have on hand is Melafix :confused:

nickmcmechan
05-04-2009, 04:49 PM
hmmmm....

this is completely bizzarre

just went back into the room where the tank is to collect water to double check paramaters

the fish....for the first time i add....came right up to the glass looking for food....theyh nearly took it out my hand!!!

and i swear half the white stuff has fallen off....maybe it was sand?!?!?!

confused, stressed and worried.

Roxanne
05-04-2009, 05:55 PM
...hard to say what the white stuff is without a detailed description or pic...do you have sand in your tank?...white strings or spots? or both?

Rox

nickmcmechan
05-05-2009, 02:11 AM
thanks

yes, sand in the tank, white strings and spots...had a look this morning although the lighting is poor i was struggling to see any on them

Roxanne
05-08-2009, 12:00 PM
..what's the latest Nick?