PDA

View Full Version : Bad news/Good news Wayne's chicks

Eddie
05-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Well, upon deep and mesmerizing examination of my little buggers from Wayne yesterday, I noticed that one of 3R2s was deformed. I am not sure if he was damaged through shipping but his face is way crooked. Almost as if the fish was bent close to the mouth. I contacted the rep here in Japan and my new 3R2 is coming tomorrow. So with the unfortunate finding I am happy to receive another 3R2 tomorrow. I guess I'll have a nice Hero fish from Wayne. That does suck but I guess thats the way things roll. The fish is otherwise healthy and eating. It does look like his left gill plate was damaged and it barely opens. I am surprised I couldn't see this from day one. Guess I was too excited. Really happy about the rep sending me a new one. That says alot about the customer service here in Japan. Guess I may have to do business with them again in the future. ;)

Eddie

seanyuki
05-04-2009, 10:19 PM
That great news Eddie for getting a new 3R2.....this time examine it carefully once it gets into your tank:p

Cheers
Francis:)

Scribbles
05-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your "special" discus but at least you have another to look forward to. Always fun to get discus in the mail. Kinda like Christmas, you can't wait to open the package. Good luck with your new fish.

Chris

Yassmeena
05-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Well, upon deep and mesmerizing examination of my little buggers from Wayne yesterday, I noticed that one of 3R2s was deformed. I am not sure if he was damaged through shipping but his face is way crooked. Almost as if the fish was bent close to the mouth. I contacted the rep here in Japan and my new 3R2 is coming tomorrow. So with the unfortunate finding I am happy to receive another 3R2 tomorrow. I guess I'll have a nice Hero fish from Wayne. That does suck but I guess thats the way things roll. The fish is otherwise healthy and eating. It does look like his left gill plate was damaged and it barely opens. I am surprised I couldn't see this from day one. Guess I was too excited. Really happy about the rep sending me a new one. That says alot about the customer service here in Japan. Guess I may have to do business with them again in the future. ;)

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Sorry to hear that. Looks like you noticed in time for them to respond appropriately though!

What will you do with the deformed one?

Yasmin

Eddie
05-05-2009, 01:04 AM
That great news Eddie for getting a new 3R2.....this time examine it carefully once it gets into your tank:p

Cheers
Francis:)

For sure Francis, I'll be inspecting big time. I was busy over the weekend with the family so didn't have alot of time to sit and examine carefully. I was giving them time to settle. ;)

Sorry to hear about your "special" discus but at least you have another to look forward to. Always fun to get discus in the mail. Kinda like Christmas, you can't wait to open the package. Good luck with your new fish.

Chris

I know, it is better than Christmas!

Hi Eddie,

Sorry to hear that. Looks like you noticed in time for them to respond appropriately though!

What will you do with the deformed one?

Yasmin

For sure Yas. I am not sure what I will do with him. I guess I'll keep him around like a "Hero". I'm 99% positive he was damaged in transit. The corners of the bags were not taped up and the bags were double bagged with foam paper between the bags. I think the fish was stuck in the corner for the trip, not sure how he lived but he did. The fish has the genes so I will keep him/her just like the rest. ;)

Eddie

Yassmeena
05-05-2009, 01:07 AM
For sure Yas. I am not sure what I will do with him. I guess I'll keep him around like a "Hero". I'm 99% positive he was damaged in transit. The corners of the bags were not taped up and the bags were double bagged with foam paper between the bags. I think the fish was stuck in the corner for the trip, not sure how he lived but he did. The fish has the genes so I will keep him/her just like the rest. ;)

Eddie

What a strong little guy! Keep us posted - I would be very interested to see his pictures over time.

Yasmin

Eddie
05-05-2009, 01:16 AM
What a strong little guy! Keep us posted - I would be very interested to see his pictures over time.

Yasmin

Yeah, not sure if he'll be able to fend off the others but he seems like an aggressive fish. Hope he makes it to adulthood.

Eddie

Diamond Discus
05-05-2009, 05:37 AM
How badly crooked is it. Bad enough to cause him to have problems eating?

Eddie
05-05-2009, 05:42 AM
How badly crooked is it. Bad enough to cause him to have problems eating?

No....he eats fine, actually eats more than the rest believe it or not. He just kinda looks like Micky Rourke. :D The mouth falls in line with the fishes body more or less but the lips extend further to the left. Also his left gill barely opens. If you check out my Photobucket album that is on my signature, you'll see the pictures. I think it's crooked face discus or something like that. :o

Eddie

DLock3d
05-05-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm glad he's going to survive Eddie. Maybe you can grow him out and go release him in the amazon some day!

CliffsDiscus
05-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Eddie,
That is actually good customer service, I hate it when the seller will only give you credit for
the next order. Ask the rep if the Discus Annual Magazine is still in publication too.

Cliff

Diamond Discus
05-06-2009, 07:31 AM
No....he eats fine, actually eats more than the rest believe it or not. He just kinda looks like Micky Rourke. :D The mouth falls in line with the fishes body more or less but the lips extend further to the left. Also his left gill barely opens. If you check out my Photobucket album that is on my signature, you'll see the pictures. I think it's crooked face discus or something like that. :o

Eddie

Oh yes, I see the poor little guy. his entire head is turned to the left.That is too bad Eddie. I'm glad you are getting a replacement. I'm not sure what I would do with him if I were you? :confused:

Eddie
05-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Oh yes, I see the poor little guy. his entire head is turned to the left.That is too bad Eddie. I'm glad you are getting a replacement. I'm not sure what I would do with him if I were you? :confused:

Yeah Sue, I'll keep him as this would keep 5 together and they will do better IMO. I wonder how the face will change as the fish gets older. I got my new one in yesterday and it's much smaller than the others. Its in perfect condition though so thats good.

Eddie

AquatiCreations
05-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Ah , I know how he is getting more food.

He nonchalantly swims up besides one of the other discus, when the fish is about to take a bite WOOSH! he grabs the food without even turning his head, leaving the other discus baffled!

Eddie
05-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Ah , I know how he is getting more food.

He nonchalantly swims up besides one of the other discus, when the fish is about to take a bite WOOSH! he grabs the food without even turning his head, leaving the other discus baffled!

LMAO, thats a classic. You have got one imagination bro.

Eddie

AquatiCreations
05-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey, that's how I get extra breakfast :D.

Eddie
05-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey, that's how I get extra breakfast :D.

You are looney Mark....at least you get breakfast. LOL

Eddie

AquatiCreations
05-06-2009, 09:06 PM

It's for this reason,and his more crinkled perception of life ,that i think the name "Crook" would be appropriate. :p

Eddie
05-06-2009, 09:08 PM
It's for this reason,and his more crinkled perception of life ,that i think the name "Crook" would be appropriate. :p

Crook huh....what about Mr Rourke? :D

Eddie

AquatiCreations
05-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Hmmm.... His food stealing act is pretty smart,what about Mr.Hawking?