PDA

View Full Version : ALBINO BRISTLENOSE

MostlyDiscus
05-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey there discus type folks, Looking to by Albion BN plecs. Looking for around 40 or so. Any size is fine. Thank You

Ed

rickztahone
05-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey there discus type folks, Looking to by Albion BN plecs. Looking for around 40 or so. Any size is fine. Thank You

Ed

i know you are probably trying to support members here but i've seen a lot of albino BN plecos on aquabid. you can get at least 3 w/ $40 i believe. i got 5 for $50 a few months back. if there are members here who breed them then maybe it might be a better choice just to support our community. now that i think of it i believe Hans has some, contact him

MostlyDiscus
05-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi Rick, Called Mr Hans today and he has only small ones that are not ready for sale yet. Mike is out at CODISCUS. I would like to support sponsers or members here on SD though. Thx

Ed

bs6749
05-05-2009, 02:38 PM
I've got about 4-5 I could sell you. Most of them are about 2" or so. If you are interested just send me a PM and I'll let you know prices, sizes for sure, etc.

MostlyDiscus
05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Nice Thx BS6749. I am looking for around 40 or so 1 inch works.. .Let me know if your breeding them.

Ed

DonMD
05-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Ed,

Last time I was at Gwynbrook Farms, Peter Thode had tons. Don't know about now, you could call him. Just a thought.

-Don

bs6749
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Ed, I'm not breeding them yet. I do have 2 males and 2 females that are plump in addition to a HUGE brown BN female but I haven't made any caves and no efforts to spawn them. That was the plan initially, but I got sidetracked with class and other breeding stuff. Right now I have a large spawn of ram fry that I'm working on growing out. Hopefully that'll work out for me. If you change your mind and would like some 2"ers instead just send me a PM. Why the need for 40???

Jhhnn
05-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Central Ohio Discus, one of our sponsors, may have them. You'd never know they were a sponsor from the dropdown menu, however, just from the main page...

MostlyDiscus
05-06-2009, 12:11 AM
ok,,, thx gents. Last time I went to Peters he had corys and no BN for sale. Mike says he is out of BN. I have a few tanks and would like to put 2 or 3 BN in each tank. In the mean time I did a hugh water change and PP treatment. The Tangerine pair are laying eggs on the glass. Crazy thing is they have 40 or so 1 month old juvez hanging around the tank. arggg

Ed

Jhhnn
05-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Just paid a visit to Dan of Dan's discus and angels to pick up the 5 longfin albino bristlenoses I purchased thru Aquabid. He has a bunch of them, probably 75-100, 2"+ with the long fins, and the browns, as well, which are smaller.

He lives 30 minutes away from me, and I'm always curious as to other fishkeepers' setups. He has a lot of Angels, as well, and some discus- all seemingly healthy and decently well kept.

Nice guy, and friendly- his feedback profile on Aquabid is very good, as well...

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwcatfishp&1241872735

Discus-Hans
05-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Sorry Ed I couldn't help you. We've a lot of them in 1"+, a week ago we put a bunch in the Discus tanks (they were in the same system but in their own tanks) and in 10 minutes the Discus (even the 2.5") killed a lot of them. They thought it was food, one pick on them and belly up.

I only thought: vuile klootzakken (this is Dutch and NO I won't translate it, but insure you it's not nice) I spend months of taking care of them and they kill them off in NO time.
I don't want to sell ANYTHING of what I'm not sure has a good survival change.
This whole experience scared me,

Hans

Jhhnn
05-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Sorry to read of that, Hans. I suspect that the bristlenoses just weren't quite big enough to go in with the vuile klootzakken...

Might try growing them out to 2" or better, then see what happens. I'll post back about my own in 6 weeks or so, once they pass quarantine... even if they end up as food, I want it to be healthy food...

korbi_doc
05-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi Hans...well, you've answered a dilemma for me...while ago, put over a dozen abn's in qt tank & when I thought they were ok, put 4 in 1 tank & 3 in 2nd tank....all same parameters..next a.m. ALL were dead...never thought to blame the discus....c"est la vie....the remaining survivors have grown well & need to be put in tanks, but I'm chicken now to do it, lol.....yup, it scared me too.....

Dottie;) Hi to Joanne, miss seeing you guys..

Sorry Ed I couldn't help you. We've a lot of them in 1"+, a week ago we put a bunch in the Discus tanks (they were in the same system but in their own tanks) and in 10 minutes the Discus (even the 2.5") killed a lot of them. They thought it was food, one pick on them and belly up.

I only thought: vuile klootzakken (this is Dutch and NO I won't translate it, but insure you it's not nice) I spend months of taking care of them and they kill them off in NO time.
I don't want to sell ANYTHING of what I'm not sure has a good survival change.
This whole experience scared me,

Hans

draal5
05-08-2009, 08:39 PM
I will be getting a shipment in the next 2 weeks of 250 brown and 250 albino and 190 long fin BN if you can wait that long

MostlyDiscus
05-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Thx Draal,, I did find a vendor at 2 dollars each. He is shipping Wednesday. I try to support SD sponsors like Hans when I can:p

Ed