PDA

View Full Version : Mixed batch of pictures

acroken
05-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Here is my first attempt at posting pictures on SD. My picture taking differently needs some work. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Kenny

acroken
05-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Here is a few more.

Kenny

Eddie
05-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Gorgeous fish Kenny, I love the reds and the BSS. Those have to be the redest fish I'v ever seen! I'm serious!

Great work!

Eddie

DiscusKeeper403
05-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Very nice breeding pairs, tanks look almost cleaner then Eddies :P

rickztahone
05-06-2009, 12:07 AM
i have fallen in love with all your fish Kenny. they look awesome, do you happen to have any more pics of the first BD callico's?

Eddie
05-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Very nice breeding pairs, tanks look almost cleaner then Eddies :P

What! No way...I'm going to clean my tanks again RIGHT NOW! LOL

They are some clean tanks though.....;)

Eddie

acroken
05-06-2009, 01:55 PM
No Way are my tanks as clean as Eddie's:D
Rick here are a few of the BD & Calico cross. I was trying to improve my BD shape and color with this cross. 50% peppered(as Angel calls them"dirty birds). The other half have good sharp and looks to be nice color developing, we will see. I will cross them back when ready and see what happens. I will attach pictures of the parents later today.
Thanks Eddie,Rick and Lova for see through my poor photography.

Eddie
05-06-2009, 05:43 PM
No Way are my tanks as clean as Eddie's:D
Rick here are a few of the BD & Calico cross. I was trying to improve my BD shape and color with this cross.

LOL, they are clean tanks though.

I think those peppered juvies (dirty birds) have great shape to them. ;)

Take care Kenny and best of luck with your BD shaping,

Eddie

Kenny's Discus
05-07-2009, 03:55 AM
Hello Kenny,

Very nice collection and you've done a great job with them all! My personal choice would be the reds and snakes but to be honest they all look great. All the best to your Calico and BD crosses! :)

Kenny

Darren's Discus
05-07-2009, 04:14 AM
Kenny,
Thank's for sharing, you have some very nice fish !

cheers

acroken
05-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks you Darren and Kenny!
Eddie,I appreciate the help with uploading photo's from photo bucket, that will make posting easier in the future:D
I will be posting some pictures of other tanks soon.

Kenny,
Those RGD are coming along real nice, unbelievable color. I try not to have favorites,lol, but the blue snake skins (remember those, right? the ones I was on the fence about and you said "I think you will really like these, going to be nice") are probably my nicest discus. I have approximately 45 of your/forrest's fish and love them all. My only complaint would be that they eat too much and are impossible to photograph, as soon as I walk in to the fish room they think it's snack time, even if they just ate 5 min ago:)You and forrest are the best.

Thank you,

MSD
05-07-2009, 02:40 PM
What are you feeding them if you don't mind me asking?? They are very beautiful and we should have such good luck with our pictures.

acroken
05-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Hey Mark,
I try and mix up my feeding as much as possible so they do not get picky. I change up regularly. Here is an example- not for yellows or pearl diamonds. They get home mix with no cyclops ezee and blood worms only:(
6 am -blood worms for everyone but babies, they get Ken's golden pearls once the are off the parents backs.
7:30 am- prime reef, vitamin flake, Veggie flake...,chopped krill,freeze dried mystic shrimp or plankton ( I wet the mystic and plankton down and freeze, so it sinks a little)
12 pm- Various flakes, pellets or Tetra bits
5:30 pm- Home mix w/ seafood
7 pm- Various Uncle's granular-Adult conditioning-pro gro...
9:30 pm- Home mix w/ BH

Once a week white worm and coming soon red wigglers(thanks Martha)
I also feed heavier on weekends:D I watch there bellies, big belly no food.

Kenny

MSD
05-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Thank you Kenny, and you are doing an amazing job with the fish and the photography, very nice! :)