PDA

View Full Version : should i be worried?

rickztahone
05-07-2009, 01:56 AM
i noticed that my PE has really long poop and i remember a member mention something concerning really long poop (might have been Connie, can't remember). so i'm just posting the pics to see if i should be concerned. the other fish never have poop this long or that looks similar to be quite honest. also, my fineline SS has a spot on the side of it's body and i have the same question, should i be worried? i noticed that that particular spot looks like a scab now. i had noticed that before it looked like that it looked like a scale was out of place or something, it was whitish but not protruding. i'm leaning towards damage acquired from a dominant domestic brown. i always see that particular fish pushing the rest at the sides and maybe that's what this is? anyway, look at the pics and tell me what you think

rickztahone
05-07-2009, 01:57 AM
one more. sorry but the quality isn't that good because i had to reduce the image size so much that it degraded the quality of the original picture

Roxanne
05-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi Ric:)

I saw something pretty much like you described on one of my Golds and it disappeared after a anti parasite treatment...some parasites can burrow into the fish and the tail breaks off leaving a spot....not saying that is it, just pointing out the similarity...

as for poop I wouldn't hazard a guess without a scope...does the fish show any "rubbing" behaviour?...bloated?

Rox

Geez you got pretty fish Ricardo....

rickztahone
05-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi Ric:)

I saw something pretty much like you described on one of my Golds and it disappeared after a anti parasite treatment...some parasites can burrow into the fish and the tail breaks off leaving a spot....not saying that is it, just pointing out the similarity...

as for poop I wouldn't hazard a guess without a scope...does the fish show any "rubbing" behaviour?...bloated?

Rox

Geez you got pretty fish Ricardo....

thanks Roxanne, as far as the PE goes, it is one of the lowest in the totem-pole for sure but it gets it's share of food regularly and i have not witnessed any rubbing or flashing or anything similar. i'm just bringing it up because of that one particular thread and the fact that the PE feces looks different from the rest. as far as the SS i will keep a close eye on that spot but what would be a good anti-parasite treatment? i have metro, kanamycin and levamisole on hand if that helps at all. and thank you very much for the compliment.

Roxanne
05-07-2009, 02:10 PM
...I was using a product that has F & MG in it...have you done a salt dip before?

rickztahone
05-07-2009, 09:38 PM
...I was using a product that has F & MG in it...have you done a salt dip before?
ive added epson salt when using metro and ive used regular salt per Kenny when i just got my last batch. would the F & MG affect bio? ive got 4 others in QT so i do not have a separate tank to treat these. id hate to treat without verification though. the SS just seems like it has a scale or two out of place somehow.

Roxanne
05-08-2009, 12:55 PM
.. would the F & MG affect bio? .. the SS just seems like it has a scale or two out of place somehow.

Won't affect the bio, ..

Can you see a white spot or is it more like a wound healing? Is the fish flicking or rubbing, gills out? If it isn't, I'm not sure I would put it through a treatment, other than a salt dip. Have you wormed the PE since you have had it?

Rox

discusjoe27
05-09-2009, 12:31 AM
it's just a guess but long black-brown poop, that looks like pleco poop. if your discus is pooping like that, then it is more or likely sick with some time of diagestive parasite. that is just a guess though.

rickztahone
05-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Won't affect the bio, ..

Can you see a white spot or is it more like a wound healing? Is the fish flicking or rubbing, gills out? If it isn't, I'm not sure I would put it through a treatment, other than a salt dip. Have you wormed the PE since you have had it?

Rox

i have only treated the PE alongside the rest of my discus with metro. it seems like the SS is healing so it might have been that my domestic brown was just a little to aggressive around it. i've been keeping a close eye on the PE and it looks fine, eats fine but it's just that long poop that worries me. i would need a scope again. i'll call Casper to see if he'd be willing to come over again. i swear i owe that man some pizza and beer or something :p