PDA

View Full Version : After adding new discus when to do water change?

ilaizm
05-07-2009, 05:32 AM
After adding new discus to a new tank is there an amount of days it is suggested to keep the tank on its own before performing a water change? Maybe to let the discus settle in without giving them extra frights.

Eddie
05-07-2009, 05:37 AM
After adding new discus to a new tank is there an amount of days it is suggested to keep the tank on its own before performing a water change? Maybe to let the discus settle in without giving them extra frights.

Some people wait a few days but I go straight at it. Depends though....how many fish and how big a tank? I get them used to what they are gonna be getting. What is your plan as far as water changes go? Like how much and how often?

Eddie

ilaizm
05-07-2009, 05:47 AM
My tank is a 90G planted. At the moment it has 3 discus. Am planning to add another 3 shortly. I was hoping to do two 25% weekly water changes but i'm feeling that my only option for plant fertilization is to follow the EI method which requires a weekly 50% water change. So I guess i'll be changing 50% on a weekly basis.

Eddie
05-07-2009, 05:49 AM
My tank is a 90G planted. At the moment it has 3 discus. Am planning to add another 3 shortly. I was hoping to do two 25% weekly water changes but i'm feeling that my only option for plant fertilization is to follow the EI method which requires a weekly 50% water change. So I guess i'll be changing 50% on a weekly basis.

Oh definitely, if your plan is 50% weekly then just start out doing the 50% after a week. I thought you meant like the day after or something. Just get into the routine that you will be following. ;)

Eddie