PDA

View Full Version : hikari discus bio gold

mic_x
05-09-2009, 03:17 AM
ive seen that hikari has makes a pellet food for discus , has anyone used this food ?

Eddie
05-09-2009, 03:33 AM
I have never used it but know some members have with some success. It has a pretty decent analysis with 50% protein and 12% fat.

HTH
Eddie

jaykne
05-09-2009, 04:16 AM
Hey guys I use it among lots of othe food I think its great, and discus seem to love it.

RichT
05-09-2009, 06:37 AM
I've been using it for a while and all my fish like it. It's one of many that they eat.

calihawker
05-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I never got my fish to eat it until I crushed it up and added it to my seafood mix ;)

Steve

Roxanne
05-09-2009, 02:40 PM
mmmm mmmm...it's stinky and delicious..:D....I use it...I always pre soak it though as with all pelletised foods..;)

stanlee
05-10-2009, 11:09 AM
compared to on prime reef, any experience which is more attractive to the discus?
thnks

Eddie
05-11-2009, 04:47 AM
compared to on prime reef, any experience which is more attractive to the discus?
thnks

Personal preference really but you'll find the red flakes of Prime Reef attract discus very well. Even very small juvenile fish will take PR.

Eddie

stanlee
05-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Personal preference really but you'll find the red flakes of Prime Reef attract discus very well. Even very small juvenile fish will take PR.

Eddie

i'll give both a try then, and see.
thnks:)

darksinister
05-30-2009, 12:51 AM
I hope you have better luck than I have! Half of my discus wont touch prime reef nor bio gold! I found crushing it and sprinkle it on top of my frozen food a success! I dissolve the fbw/fbs into a little cup, then i sprinkled bio gold on top and carefully only taking a mouth full of food swirl it around a toothpick and dip it into the aquarium. My fish just runs up and grabs it all^_^

Eddie
05-30-2009, 01:51 AM
I hope you have better luck than I have! Half of my discus wont touch prime reef nor bio gold! I found crushing it and sprinkle it on top of my frozen food a success! I dissolve the fbw/fbs into a little cup, then i sprinkled bio gold on top and carefully only taking a mouth full of food swirl it around a toothpick and dip it into the aquarium. My fish just runs up and grabs it all^_^

What do they eat.....probably bloodworms primarily.

discusjoe27
06-04-2009, 11:26 PM
I've used it, but heard not to use it because of the wheat it has it, a guy said it will bloat the discus stomachs.

Keasbeynights
06-05-2009, 12:15 AM
I use it in my regular rotation of feeding. It has a good analysis, good ingredients, and my fish love it!

seanyuki
06-05-2009, 12:32 AM
just my routine flakes .... Sera Discus Color Red,Sera Discus Color Blue,Ocean Nutrition Formula One & Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef.

Cheers
Francis:)

Yassmeena
06-05-2009, 01:54 AM
I feed it to my discus. I presoak it and dump it in the tank before I leave in the morning.

When I come back home that evening, it's all gone. :)

I don't think it's their first choice, but they definatley eat it. They love BH, ON Prime Reef and Kens flake. But I like having discus bio-gold in their diet as well. It has good analysis and it brightens their reds!

Yasmin

Darrell Ward
06-07-2009, 05:43 AM
I feed it to all my discus. It's the only dry food some of them will eat. I get it in the 2.2 lbs. plastic bag, it will last a long time. Those little foil packs don't last very long at all if you have a lot of fish, and can get expensive. Here's a tip. I've learned that if you start feeding quarter size fish many different foods, as they grow you can get them to eat nearly anything. LOL! This is how I've been using up foods my other discus spit out, such as Ocean Nutrition Discus Flakes. :D

DolasDaddy
01-16-2010, 02:15 PM
I use it with my BD and golden sunrise.
They started eating it the first time I tried it.
They were addicted to FBW and this food broke
the addiction fast.

Brian