PDA

View Full Version : need help with buying discus.

sonycrr
05-09-2009, 03:16 PM
hello every one
i posted this in the beginners section but there seems to be more traffic here and i need answers quick.

can i put 4 juvies discus with 2 angels, 6 serpae tertras in a 46g
i got eheim 2026 and 2 in sand.

sorry for this double post

im about to head to the lfs

ty =D

Mack
05-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Try it out and post the results here. I've never had luck mixing angels and discus together as the angels are a far more aggressive feeder than discus.

chemjab
05-10-2009, 11:37 AM
hello every one
i posted this in the beginners section but there seems to be more traffic here and i need answers quick.

can i put 4 juvies discus with 2 angels, 6 serpae tertras in a 46g
i got eheim 2026 and 2 in sand.

sorry for this double post

im about to head to the lfs

ty =D

I am no expert but I have heard many say that mixing angels and discus is not a good idea. Because the discus tend to eat slower and many of them like to bite their food and spit it out several times before eating it. Whereas angels zoom and dart and gooble the food.
I was at a talk by Dick Au last summer in MD. Dick said that it can be done but the angels should be smaller than the discus and once the angels equal the discus size they should be relocated because of the eating differences. I would like to have the combo but I don't want to deal with yet another potential problem. Let us know what you decide to do and keep us posted how it turns out.:)
James