PDA

View Full Version : Line graph Water Quality database Wanted

JimL
05-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Hello;
I'm not sure where to look, what I'm looking for is a line graph to plot my progress as I do a fishless cycle on a new tank. I'm able to do it on graph paper but thought it would be nice to be able to do it on my computer.
I'm testing the water 3 times a day, 9am, noon, 9pm. I add ammonia (for fishless cycle) after the 9am testing. I'm using a API master(fresh) test kit. I'm testing, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, pH and High pH.
If this type of database already exists, please point me in the right direction, if not please do me a flavor and write something up, I'm not a programer. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just something so I can watch the process work. I'm thinking it may also be nice to have a running graph on my water quality, leting me spot any problems before things get out of hand.
Thanks
Jim

Don Trinko
05-12-2009, 08:47 AM
I don't know if it exists and while it wont hurt it is not neccisary for a fishless cycle because your water tests will tell you when the cycle is complete.
All of the data you aquire would be of little practical value. (IMO) Don T.

Roxanne
05-12-2009, 05:23 PM
I just use a diary and I can look down the column and see the fluctuations, you could probably create a graph using excel, but....just keeping a check on your ph to make sure it's stable and not crashing in your tank, and nitrites to make sure your filters are working ok, should be all you need to do to make sure everything is ok.

Whilst I agree with Don, I have found the data is useful for my own purposes such as telling me what is happening in the tank over a certain amount of time, how long it is taking to finish, if the ph is fluctuating, and if you have more than one tank, you don't have to remember so much etc......

Roxanne