PDA

View Full Version : Intro

acroken
05-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Hello my name is Kenny Hill. I am very happy to be selected in this years contest.I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia for most of my 42 years,except for the 8 years when I lived in Southern California. I run a manufacturing company which specializes in wood cabinetry. I have worked in the same industry all my life. I have been keeping discus since the late 80's with some short breaks in between. When I was 19 I bought my first discus, 6 brilliants. Not knowing a thing about them, I bought a tank and dumped them in. After almost killing them I started to read and understand what it took to keep them alive. Within two years I had a heated fish room and lots of tanks. I now have a fish room with 13 tanks from 25 gal to 90 gal and two display tanks (37 gal and 180 gal)in my living room. My biggest challenge now is limiting the number of tanks I run, that is not work out too well. My collection of discus is about 80 with 4 breeding tanks and I am keeping at 4;). It is so great to have a resource like Simply Discus available to us all. There are so many great people who contribute here. I want to thank everyone who works so hard at keeping this site up and running and to Kenny and Forrest for supplying those beautiful contest discus.

Kenny

calihawker
05-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Wow! sounds like you have some experience behind you Kenny!
I own a manufacturing company as well. CNC production machining.

Best of luck to you!!:D

acroken
05-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Steve,
I am always looking for machined parts. Do you work with MDF or Plywood? Here is a link to my company.
www.acrodisplay.com

Good luck to you as well. I am looking forward to good competition and learning a lot.

Kenny

wgtaylor
05-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi Kenny, congratulations for being selected for the competition.
Being a cabinet maker I would bet you could put together an awesome fish room and hold lots and lots of tanks.:D Best wishes to you with this years competition. Bill

Scribbles
05-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Kenny,

Congratulations on being chosed and good luck. I'm looking forward to learning from all of your experience.

Chris

Chad Hughes
05-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Kenny,

Best of luck!

Best wishes!

acroken
05-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys. I still can not believe I made it. This is going to be so much fun.

Good Luck Everyone!

Kenny

acroken
05-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Bill,
same as the saying goes here"shoemakers kids have no shoes" no cabinets here,lol. Pretty simple racks for me. Looks like we are off to a great experiance.

Best of Luck to you also!
Kenny

fishyj
05-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Good luck Kenny

kirkp
05-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Kenny,

Good to read your intro. Looks like you're going to be some serious competition. Best of luck to you.

Kirk

2075turner
05-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Hey Kenny,

Sounds like we have the same problem of limiting the number of tanks that we can have up and going, LOL.

Good luck with your fishies, I look forward to seeing your posts.

Evelyn:)

TankWatcher
05-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Best of luck Kenny

Cooldadddyfunk286
05-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Kenny, that sounds like a nice fishroom you got there...cant wait to see pics, best of luck with the competition! you guys got a great strain to work with :D

acroken
05-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Kenny,

Good to read your intro. Looks like you're going to be some serious competition. Best of luck to you.

Kirk

Thanks Kirk. Good luck to you also! No competition here:bandana: I am not competitive at all... OK maybe a little:D Lets have some fun and raise up some beautiful discus. We could not ask for better stock to work with.

Kenny

acroken
05-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Kenny, that sounds like a nice fishroom you got there...cant wait to see pics, best of luck with the competition! you guys got a great strain to work with :D

Jason,
once the fish are settled in and the competition in going, I 'll post a video of my fish room. I try and keep things real simple. Good food, good water and lots of it. You are not kidding about the contest fish:D. It is so incredible to have such generous sponsors and administrator.

Kenny

calihawker
05-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks Kirk. Good luck to you also! No competition here:bandana: I am not competitive at all... OK maybe a little:D Lets have some fun and raise up some beautiful discus. We could not ask for better stock to work with.

Kenny

You mean there's a competition? I feel like I've won already! :D

Darren's Discus
05-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Kenny,
wish you all the best with the challenge !

cheers

Eddie
05-14-2009, 03:52 AM

LOL, I know Steve, with those beauty's from Forrest/Kenny.....all the contestants won!

Eddie

acroken
05-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Kenny,
wish you all the best with the challenge !

cheers

Thank you very much Darren, I really appreciate it

Armandi_Fishcarer
05-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Good luck with the challenge Kenny

Regards
Ahmed ;)

discusluvr818
05-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Good luck to you my simply discus friend. It is going to be hard to tear myself from the computer this next 12 months...Happy growing!!!

Kenny's Discus
05-16-2009, 02:48 AM
Congrats Ken and all the best to you! Have fun growing them out! Thank you so much for your call(and message) you're more than welcome my friend.:)

Kenny

2075turner
05-19-2009, 03:02 AM

lol,

can't count me out as of yet:p