PDA

View Full Version : Proud Fisherman

brewmaster15
05-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi all,
My Son and I went out this am to do some trout fishing in a nearby Creek. My son Ethan is a real Pro at his soon to be 6 years of age... hooked, and landed the first trout by himself... The other I caught , but he helped me land it. When we go trout fishing he's usuallly the one to catch them...He's like a trout magnet..My daughter is the Bass and Catfish pro.:):):):)

He's a bit jealous that his sister has been able to post here so he specifically asked me to put these pictures on the forum....

Two proud Fisherman...ones proud because of the fish he caught..The others proud because of the Son that caught it!:)

-al

Discus-Hans
05-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Good job Ethan, next time we want some action pictures, that is......from your Dad. I'm not realty sure he caught 1 of them, think you had them both and let your Dad say he had one????? :p

Hans

Jason
05-13-2009, 11:56 AM
looks like you guys had a great time! I think I need a licence and get out myself.

did you guys catch and release?

Ryan
05-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I just can't believe he's 6.

<--- old

brewmaster15
05-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Good job Ethan, next time we want some action pictures, that is......from your Dad. I'm not realty sure he caught 1 of them, think you had them both and let your Dad say he had one????? :p

Hans Hey now Hans... Believe me... If I tried to claim a fish as my own that Ethan Caught... He'd be all over me..:( . He teased me a good hour before I caught mine! When it comes to Fishing my friend, That boy of mine is one competitive Son of a Discus Guy!:D

-al

brewmaster15
05-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Ryan,
He is getting so old so fast..seems like yesterday I posted his baby pics when he was born.:) He's 6 in June.

Jason, most fish we catch and release..But Trout is Dinner... Its one of my favorites.

-al

AquatiCreations
05-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Awesome Al,

It's always great to see the fishing torch handed down!

I wish I were up north, I'd love to fly fish trout. :p

mmorris
05-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Good for you, Ethan, for catching the first trout! And good for you for eating what you catch!
Martha

Big Tuck
05-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Wow!,this post ran a flood of memories thru my mind.Days like you had with your son are so special for us now,but dont compare to the joy of the memories 30 years from now when our kids are long gone.Im so glad you are taking the time to make memories,for verry soon thats all that is left. Tuck

Scribbles
05-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Good job Ethan! Very nice of you to show Old Dad how it's done.

Chris

Dkarc@Aol.com
05-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Need to bring him down here to FL and let him go for some bigger fish in the Bay, LOL.

-Ryan

MSD
05-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Its like a picture out of Boy's Life which I used to get through the Boy Scouts about a million years ago. Treasure him everyday, one day you'll wake up as I did and he'll off to college. Time can go so fast....

Eddie
05-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Great pictures Al and Ethan! I always loved trout fishing when I was a kid (I am still a kid actually, LOL). Bet you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing the photos and the moment.

All the best,

Eddie

Chad Hughes
05-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Al,

You said that you were busy with this contest and all.... how do you find time to go fishing? LOL!

Awesome photos. Great job!

two utes
05-13-2009, 07:11 PM
That's fantastic you taking some time out to go fishing with the your children Al.

What better way to spend time with them enjoying what nature has to offer.

Good work Ethan, that sure is some nice trout you caught there mate! :D

FLGirl1977
05-13-2009, 07:13 PM
That's sweet Al! Also... tell your daughter not to be too disappointed, all I catch are catfish too! ;) At least she gets the bass... lol!

GrillMaster
05-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Al I just believe great minds think alike my friend! :)

I took the grandkids down to the brook this afternoon as a matter a fact... I had em dig thier own worms which I baited for em and let em fish. They had a blast! They didn't catch anything, but I think it might have had a lil to do with the fact that Chris wanted to throw rocks in the creek before we threw the worms in. :D

Way to out fish yer dad Ethan! ;) :D :D :D

Many more fishin trips ahead of us I think!! Gotta get the kids together an let em out fish us... :)

brewmaster15
05-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Ethan wants me to say this to everyone....

" I got a big fish but not as big as my dads, but I caught the first Trout of the day and it a Beauty and It was a wiggler. We put it on the stringer and then we took it home. It was a tough war to catch it.It was a tough one to land.Daddy took the net and swung under it and caught it!:) I was using a bobber and a worm and the bobber started to move and It bent my rod and I caught it. Thank you for looking at my picture and reading:balloon::bandana::bounce2::fish::jester: :juggle: " {Ethan picked the smiles too)

Thanks everyone,

al

Ps... Mark... We really should pick a weekend to go camping at Billingslake for the weekend.

GrillMaster
05-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Ps... Mark... We really should pick a weekend to go camping at Billingslake for the weekend.

Ok bud...You, me, Ethan, Becky, Chris, an Kara...Whenever ya want...:)

dpt8
05-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Al, Ethan is cute but you look pretty scary... haha No wonder you aren't catching the fish.. Good job guys !!!

calihawker
05-14-2009, 01:40 AM
That's so awesome Al! I never learned how to fish and my boys are growing up so fast. I'm gonna make it a goal this summer.

Priceless moments.

Darren's Discus
05-14-2009, 03:08 AM
Al,
maybe you should take him to the amazon,see if he can catch you a discus or two !:D

cheers

discusluvr818
05-22-2009, 06:54 PM
looks like you guys had a great time! I think I need a licence and get out myself.

did you guys catch and release?

Looks more like catch and dinner :D I can't wait till my children get a few years older :p

poconogal
05-23-2009, 09:36 AM
He is a serious cutie, Al. Its great to be making memories!