PDA

View Full Version : Foods and Feeding

calihawker
05-14-2009, 02:10 AM
I thought I'd start a thread outside the foods and nutrition section so we can just focus on whats going on with the contest fish.

I read a thread over there that was talking about how certain foods, especially red enhancing foods, will turn yellow discus orange. I certainly don't want that to happen so I'd like to get some feedback on what foods would cause this so I can avoid them.

Things I was planning on feeding them.

FBW
FBS
Eddies seafood mix, some version
Beef heart
Tetra color granules. That one's probably out.
ON prime reef flakes

Any thoughts?

rickztahone
05-14-2009, 02:14 AM
from my understanding they were albino's correct? i think red enhancers would be good for albino's which would bring out their striations out more. please anyone correct me if i'm wrong here. the yellow's are different as well BD's and Reds but albino's do not have pigment which would keep them from being affected IMO. again, correct me if i'm wrong her fellow members

calihawker
05-14-2009, 02:24 AM
from my understanding they were albino's correct? i think red enhancers would be good for albino's which would bring out their striations out more. please anyone correct me if i'm wrong here. the yellow's are different as well BD's and Reds but albino's do not have pigment which would keep them from being affected IMO. again, correct me if i'm wrong her fellow members

Yes they're albino's. Thanks Rick! Looking forward to hearing comments.

calihawker
05-26-2009, 10:21 PM
My beefheart/seafood mix.

1 lb. red snapper
3/4 lb. fresh beefheart
3/4 lb. salmon
3 oz. scallop
3 oz. shrimp
10 clams
1/2 cup Hikari discus bio gold
1/2 omega one flakes
4 tbls. green peas shelled
3 large cloves garlic
3 tbls. liquid centrum multi vitamin
1 large very ripe banana

They're killing this one and so are the big guy's in the display.:D

Chad Hughes
05-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Steve,

Excellent mix! Seems very well rounded. If it's a delight in the tank, it's good to go! Well done!

Best wishes!

Armandi_Fishcarer
05-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Steve-O fab mix, haven't seen 1 like that before, can't wait to see how it holds up to the other mixes!

Regards
Ahmed ;)