PDA

View Full Version : Good news/Bad news

Eddie
05-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Well, my Heckel Cross and Spotted finally got past first base. :) The spotted is laying the eggs like a champ but the Heckel is eating them as they are being layed. What a punk this heckel is. I just want to reach down in there and smack the pi$$ out of him. He pretty much doesn't even let her lay, he's trying eat them as they come out. Must be some good caviar. :mad:

Eddie

scottthomas
05-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Thats funny. How old is the male? Is he even acting like he wants to do his job? He will probably learn. I would like to see you breed that Cross.

Scott

freestylez_14
05-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Oh oh here comes the frustrating part, the eating eggs part begun but congrats your fish spawn for the first time.

seanyuki
05-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Hey Eddie,

You got eggs at least.....me nothing in every tanks...:p.....perhaps convert them to marine tanks instead.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Cheers
Francis:)

Eddie
05-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Thats funny. How old is the male? Is he even acting like he wants to do his job? He will probably learn. I would like to see you breed that Cross.

Scott

I know, me too! I wonder what his genes are. Should be interesting, maybe just alot of mutt turks. I do love turks though!

The Heckel Cross should be pushing 9-10 months now.

Oh oh here comes the frustrating part, the eating eggs part begun but congrats your fish spawn for the first time.

I know, this dang Heckel, as if he hasn't ate in years!

Hey Eddie,

You got eggs at least.....me nothing in every tanks...:p.....perhaps convert them to marine tanks instead.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Cheers
Francis:)

No no Francis, I aint got no eggs yet, the HECKEL gots them in his mouth!

Marine tanks got nothing on Discus Tanks. ;)

Eddie

Scribbles
05-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Time to get out the muzzle. LOL. My fingers are crossed that your Heckel figures it out. Gonna have to sit down and have "The Talk" with that one.

Best of Luck

Chris

Eddie
05-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Time to get out the muzzle. LOL. My fingers are crossed that your Heckel figures it out. Gonna have to sit down and have "The Talk" with that one.

Best of Luck

Chris

Yup, gonna have to have a man to man conversation with him.

Eddie

Ed13
05-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Patience Eddie, the heckel genes in him may have him maturing a bit later. A man to man coversation may work on him...
I SEE turks in your future, lol:)

Mr Wild
05-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Oh Eddie mine did exactly the same then kept bullying her to keep laying! Yeah right!

Eddie
05-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Patience Eddie, the heckel genes in him may have him maturing a bit later. A man to man coversation may work on him...
I SEE turks in your future, lol:)

Turks good for me Ed!

Oh Eddie mine did exactly the same then kept bullying her to keep laying! Yeah right!

I know, as if he doesn't get fed enough. What a punk he is!

Eddie

jaykne
05-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Hey Eddie sorry to hear that, but at least you know they are a pair. This is just the first time, give him a while maybe he will get the hang of it. Good luck!

Eddie
05-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Hey Eddie sorry to hear that, but at least you know they are a pair. This is just the first time, give him a while maybe he will get the hang of it. Good luck!

Yeah Larry, its cool. If he does, he does, if he doesn't, he doesn't. HE BETTER! LOL

He is just young and scared to be a father. LOL All in good time. ;)

Eddie

stanlee
05-16-2009, 01:20 PM
eddie,
perhaps the heckel may not be a "he".
i've experience with this before, and the "pair" turned up to be 2 "she".
seems like another jealous female to me imho.
:D

kaceyo
05-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Give him some time. He's still young and stupid, and males tend to stay young and stupid longer than females, no matter what animal we're talking about.

Kacey

scottthomas
05-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Ouch :cry

Mr Wild
05-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Give him some time. He's still young and stupid, and males tend to stay young and stupid longer than females, no matter what animal we're talking about.

Kacey

LOL You go girl!:p

Eddie
05-16-2009, 07:08 PM

Kacey is a guy Kath, LOL. :D

Eddie

kaceyo
05-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, Eddie. :o

Michael

Eddie
05-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, Eddie. :o

Michael

I never knew your real name was Michael, I always thought it may have been Kacey. LOL All this time and finally seeing your name is Michael. ;)

Take care,

Eddie

Chad Adams
05-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey Eddie,
Not to be negative, but the last two times that behaviour
happened to me they were both females:mad:
Believe me I want that beauty to be a guy also for you, but
in my experiance when a fish goes behind another eating her
eggs----its been a female also.
Soooo let's just assume it is a female & you don't love it
anymore. I'll PM you my address & you can send her to me:laugh::jester:
Chad

Mr Wild
05-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Kacey is a guy Kath, LOL. :D

Eddie

Whhoooops! LMAO!!!!!!!

Mr Wild
05-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Well if thats true and it is a girl eating eggs I have the same problem which means I have no males and all sister action happening.....I think I am too old for that concept LOL

Eddie
05-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey Eddie,
Not to be negative, but the last two times that behaviour
happened to me they were both females:mad:
Believe me I want that beauty to be a guy also for you, but
in my experiance when a fish goes behind another eating her
eggs----its been a female also.
Soooo let's just assume it is a female & you don't love it
anymore. I'll PM you my address & you can send her to me:laugh::jester:
Chad

Ha ha Chad, LOL. I'll send the assumed her, to yours then. NO WAY! LOL I like females too. ;)

I have plenty of discus so there is bound to be one male in the group. LOL

I can wait, hell I can wait til Wayne's blue knights grow out and maybe there will be a male. We shall see.

Well if thats true and it is a girl eating eggs I have the same problem which means I have no males and all sister action happening.....I think I am too old for that concept LOL

Yeah, not down for that either. I'll wait it out and see if the HX is male. Im in no hurry. :D

Eddie

Eddie
05-25-2009, 06:20 AM
Round 2, she laid eggs again while I watched and the Heckel X gobbled them up again. Practically eating them from her tube. I'm gonna knock this Heckel X OUT!!!! What a fool. :(

Eddie

Mr Wild
05-25-2009, 06:25 AM
Yep thats what my PB does to my wild when she lays!

TankWatcher
05-25-2009, 06:33 AM
Well, you have a pair who lay eggs that are eaten straight away & I have a pair who don't seem to realise it when their eggs are mouldy & unfertilised. They just keep right on guarding, until I can't stand the sight of moudly eggs any longer & I clean them up. Oh boy, do they attack me when I'm cleaning them up too.

Rox is sure she gave me one male, so he just needs to learn how to fertilise eggs !

Eddie, I hope one day you get offspring from that heckel cross.

Eddie
05-25-2009, 06:43 AM
Eddie, I hope one day you get offspring from that heckel cross.

Me too Robyn, me too.

Eddie

Roxanne
05-25-2009, 11:01 AM
.. I just want to reach down in there and smack the pi$$ out of him. ..

Eddie

lolol:D....I got a BD I'd like to B slap around also....just joking PETA PITAS:bandana:

Kath, you are not the only one who thought Kacey was a girl:o....I only found out recently...:D...sorry Kacey:)

Roxanne

Chad Hughes
05-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Round 2, she laid eggs again while I watched and the Heckel X gobbled them up again. Practically eating them from her tube. I'm gonna knock this Heckel X OUT!!!! What a fool. :(

Eddie

Patience young Jedi master.... Patience. LOL!

This is how it starts sometimes Eddie. I'm sure you've read that. I have a female pair as well but they like to keep the eggs until about day 7 and boy are they covered in fungus! LOL!

Anyway, keep waiting. It'll go right one day!

Best wishes!

DLock3d
05-25-2009, 01:21 PM

Eddie

Show him your gun Eddie and explain this it what happens to people who screw with your grand babies.

CliffsDiscus
05-25-2009, 01:41 PM

I seem to remember seeing a picture of Kacey at the Northwest Discus Meeting.

Cliff

kaceyo
05-25-2009, 02:33 PM

Eddie
Hey Eddie, There have been times when I stood in front of the breeding tank with fists clinched and yelled instructions at them, but it never works. I've also pictured myself grabbing that #*@?" male and squeezing the juice out of him while running his belly over the eggs too, lol!!! This is where patience pays off.:D

Kath, you are not the only one who thought Kacey was a girl:o....I only found out recently...:D...sorry Kacey:)

Roxanne

I guess I'd better start typing in a more manley style! :antlers:

Kacey

Roxanne
05-25-2009, 05:43 PM
.... I've also pictured myself grabbing that #*@?" male and squeezing the juice out of him while running his belly over the eggs too, lol!!!

Kacey

LMAO:D...squeeze the juice....PETA are really coming for us now....:D

.....I guess I'd better start typing in a more manley style! :antlers:

Kacey

Actually, honestly, first impressions were....smart, concise, knowledgable woman who's brains I would like to own...but, nothing "feminine" in your posts at all...but upon learning of your true gender, I realised straight away that my comment to you about PH swinging both ways would have made NO sense to you lol...if it wasn't for you, I'd still be waiting for tanks to cycle!! You provided the "missing link" that was holding me back...;)...and man or woman, I will always love you lolol:D

Roxanne

Mr Wild
05-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Hey Eddie, There have been times when I stood in front of the breeding tank with fists clinched and yelled instructions at them, but it never works. I've also pictured myself grabbing that #*@?" male and squeezing the juice out of him while running his belly over the eggs too, lol!!! This is where patience pays off.:D

Kacey

HAHAHAHA Love that, glad I am not the only one with wierd thoughts of how to get these buggers going. But remember! Might not even be a male could be a jealous female! Not that we are known for that eh Rox?

Kacey it is not your typing style mate! LOLOL The name Kacey in Australia = girls - well most of the time I guess. Just what we are used to!

Eddie
05-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Patience young Jedi master.... Patience. LOL!

This is how it starts sometimes Eddie. I'm sure you've read that. I have a female pair as well but they like to keep the eggs until about day 7 and boy are they covered in fungus! LOL!

Anyway, keep waiting. It'll go right one day!

Best wishes!

Thanks Chad, this Heckel X just needs some experience. He just doesn't know what to do with it yet. LOL

Show him your gun Eddie and explain this it what happens to people who screw with your grand babies.

Yeah, I tried that too, I showed him both of my guns! LOL

Kacey

I was thinking about that one Kacey, it may boil down to that one but I might get a call from animal right groups on discus abuse. LOL

Eddie

Chad Hughes
05-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Eddie,

LMAO!!! That's exactly the problem! All in good time.

Best wishes!