PDA

View Full Version : help/blue diamond

rly
05-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi all
I have a sick fish not sure to remove from main tank or ignore or whats wrong.I have tried with these pictures to show a spot on his side dont no abrasion ? obviosly pretty bad looking looks to have film all over him including eyes color dark, no eat not sure if should remove and begin by adding salt or try to do something in this aquarim,he has about 15 tankmates no one else seems to be troubled i have had little succes in the past removing and isolateing fish
am .25
nitrite 0
nitrate 10 tough for me to tell
84 deg
40/50% wc every other day give or take slightly
125gal
20 fish various sizes
small amount of sand on alot of bottom 1/2 in up or down vacd with all wcs
i did clean xp3 last weekend or there abouts
no new additions to tank in past 9m0 maybe longer
Thanks
Ron

rly
05-16-2009, 03:51 PM
I never get it quite right
water added to barrels with prime prior to pumping to aquarium
tnks
ron

rly
05-16-2009, 03:53 PM
In regards to the splotching in photo 2 i believe mostly water spots not that aparent on fish body
rly

Eddie
05-16-2009, 07:00 PM
I can't see anything in those pictures. The BD obviously looks stressed in picture one. Hard to tell if it bacterial or parasitic. Any other symptoms?

To be honest, I'd give the fish a salt dip (check sticky in this section). And then return the fish to a QT tank on his own. No need in possibly infecting the rest if he is the only fish with the symptoms.

Eddie

KDodds
05-17-2009, 06:22 AM
Those perfectly round "splotches" look suspiciously familiar. Do you have any "algae eaters" of any sort in the tank? Plecos, Otos, SAEs, CAEs, anything like that?

rly
05-17-2009, 09:23 AM
I can't see anything in those pictures. The BD obviously looks stressed in picture one. Hard to tell if it bacterial or parasitic. Any other symptoms?

To be honest, I'd give the fish a salt dip (check sticky in this section). And then return the fish to a QT tank on his own. No need in possibly infecting the rest if he is the only fish with the symptoms.

Eddie

i am going to give this a try tanks (out of curiosity how much time a day do you give your hobby,oh yea i made your seafood mix and found my motoro stingray loves it thanks)

rly
05-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Those perfectly round "splotches" look suspiciously familiar. Do you have any "algae eaters" of any sort in the tank? Plecos, Otos, SAEs, CAEs, anything like that?

thanks for the response i do have 3 ea 2 in albino bristle nose in the tank but i think most of that is water spot

KDodds
05-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Yeah, I can't "click for larger image", the board just tells me I don't have access rights, so I'm stuck on viewing thumbnails, sorry.