PDA

View Full Version : Dimetridazole Dosgae

Mr Wild
05-18-2009, 08:54 AM
:confused:Can anyone tell me the dosage for using Dimetridazole ? I found an old post
(2005) and I have followed that but I am not sure if it is still correct. I have pm'd John Nicholson and Paul today but so far no answer.

Can anyone else help?

Eddie
05-18-2009, 09:12 AM
:confused:Can anyone tell me the dosage for using Dimetridazole ? I found an old post
(2005) and I have followed that but I am not sure if it is still correct. I have pm'd John Nicholson and Paul today but so far no answer.

Can anyone else help?

Hey Kath, I'm not 100% but isn't dimetro just a different name for Metro.

Eddie

Dkarc@Aol.com
05-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Big difference when talking dimeTRIdazole, compared to dimeTROnidazole. Dimetro is a water soluble form of metro and from what I recall dosages are the same for normal metro. DimeTRIdazole on the other hand is used to treat a few more serious issues like Cryptobia. Unless you have confirmation from a disease lab of cryptobia, I wouldnt use dimetridazole.

-Ryan

Eddie
05-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Big difference when talking dimeTRIdazole, compared to dimeTROnidazole. Dimetro is a water soluble form of metro and from what I recall dosages are the same for normal metro. DimeTRIdazole on the other hand is used to treat a few more serious issues like Cryptobia. Unless you have confirmation from a disease lab of cryptobia, I wouldnt use dimetridazole.

-Ryan

Thanks for the inject Ryan, wasn't sure if it was just a spelling error. I guess I misread the TRI :o

Eddie

Mr Wild
05-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Bugger, well my vet told me its "about the same" and I preferred it because it was a powder. This discus has had this stringy poo before so I thought well if it is re-occurring perhaps this would be ok. mmmmm what to do?

PS: I have already dosed today from the old thread written by John Nicholson, I best wait to hear before I redose tomorrow.

Thanks for your input, all advice happliy received.

Mr Wild
05-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Ryan,
Where do the syst form for Cryptobia? Would they be visable? How can you test for it?
Will a stool sample be sufficient? Or does it have to be done in autopsy?