PDA

View Full Version : Tiger snakeskins for sale

namasgt
05-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Hello
I am selling 2 pairs and a single male tiger snakeskins. the biggest one is a 7 inch male and the smallest is a 6 inch male. $450 for all 5.
This coming Jun, will be exactly 1 year since I bought them from Gulf Coast Discus when they were 2.5 inches.

please PM me if your interested.

thanks

namasgt
06-13-2009, 02:01 AM
pics of the fish for sale

namasgt
06-13-2009, 02:02 AM
more pics

pinkjello
06-13-2009, 02:03 AM
They are beautiful!

namasgt
06-13-2009, 02:04 AM
last one, these were taken one week ago

namasgt
06-13-2009, 02:05 AM
They are beautiful!

thanks

rickztahone
06-13-2009, 02:19 AM
great looking SS. they have great size on them, good luck with the sale.

Yassmeena
06-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Hello
I am selling 2 pairs and a single male tiger snakeskins. the biggest one is a 7 inch male and the smallest is a 6 inch male. $450 for all 5.
This coming Jun, will be exactly 1 year since I bought them from Gulf Coast Discus when they were 2.5 inches.

please PM me if your interested.

thanks

Nice job raising those from 2.5 inches!!! Good luck with the sale - they are stellar!

Yasmin

thebigone
06-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Fish look really great! Best of luck with your sale.

namasgt
06-14-2009, 06:01 PM
these are still for sale. local pickup only.
thanks

mikel
06-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Wow! I am usually a solid blue color guy, but these are stunning fish! Sorry you are letting them go; they are clearly well cared for and it shows! Best of luck. I had to sell my original two PB that I raised from 2 inches too (due to space issue); they went to a well runned LFS , and I still see them when I go to that store. They still come to the front of the tank and greet me like old times, and everytime I see they, I feel sorry that I had to let them go. mike

MSD
06-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Nice fish and a good price, no more space for me either but someone will get a great deal!!!

namasgt
06-18-2009, 04:51 PM
okay
if any one is interested in all 5 and is willing to pay 450 $ for all... I will also include the 75 Gallon Oceanenic Aquarium they are in, plus a 29 Gallon tank. both come with their own stand so you dont have to buy one.

If you are only interested in 1 pair let me know.

DiscusOnly
06-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Nice discus and a great price. Despite the free tanks, still not cheap enough for me to drive down there to pick it up. :D

Someone local should pick these up already. These would be in my tanks if you were local.

namasgt
06-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Nice discus and a great price. Despite the free tanks, still not cheap enough for me to drive down there to pick it up. :D

Someone local should pick these up already. These would be in my tanks if you were local.

someone local offered me 300 $, but I dont think thats fair.

frenchie100
06-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Wow! Those are beautiful! You have done a great job raising them!

Good luck with your sale, wish I was local!
-Julie

DiscusOnly
06-18-2009, 08:04 PM
someone local offered me 300 $, but I dont think thats fair.

With the tanks? That's almost to the point of stealing unless you were selling low quality discus (these are not low quality based on the pictures). Not shipping is what's hurting you.

Van

rich_one
06-18-2009, 09:58 PM
OMG why can't I live in Texas... dude... are you kiddin' me?:shocked:

are their any other local Texans reading this at all?

-Rich

namasgt
06-20-2009, 07:25 PM
With the tanks? That's almost to the point of stealing unless you were selling low quality discus (these are not low quality based on the pictures). Not shipping is what's hurting you.

Van

no just for the 5 fish. even that I think is stealing, knowing what his gona get, 2 young pairs and a male. any one who wants to bread snakeskins this is a good deal. you will get two pairs that are laying eggs weekly.
when Dan was selling these to me, he said they are very good quality, me and Dan hand picked all of them when I was buying them as babies.
you will not regret buying these guys. I promise.
my lose is your gain.

dpt8
06-20-2009, 07:46 PM
You could have sold these a dozen times over if you were able to get help from someone to ship these beauties !!! Beautiful..Makes us droooooool

Eddie
06-20-2009, 08:49 PM
I have to agree with Dave! Those are phenomenal! I have died to find a picture of an adult tiger SS and you provided, that is amazing. They have amazing pattern and color. I wish I could take them!

All the best in selling them and I cannot believe people arent knocking on your door right now!

Eddie

crackal
06-22-2009, 05:13 AM
pm sent

namasgt
07-24-2009, 07:22 PM
my fish are still for sale guys, price is the same 450$ for everything.
no one has come to look at them yet.

DiscusOnly
07-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Get someone to help you ship!

namasgt
07-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Get someone to help you ship!

some one wanted to come look at them but never did, :(

this is like one of those deals I wanted to get my self, but didnt . spent 350$ on just the tanks alone and 270 $ for the tigers when they were babies.
seriously this is a good deal.
Im gona post some resent pics tonight. just did a 100 % water change few days ago.

bettebulldog
07-24-2009, 08:36 PM
got cash in hand if you can ship to WI?

namasgt
07-24-2009, 09:21 PM
if they dont sell until Agust locally I will ship.
Thanks for being interested.

namasgt
07-26-2009, 08:49 PM
pics I took today

namasgt
07-26-2009, 08:54 PM
pics

namasgt
07-26-2009, 08:56 PM
more

namasgt
07-26-2009, 08:57 PM
and more

namasgt
07-26-2009, 08:59 PM

namasgt
07-26-2009, 09:00 PM

namasgt
07-26-2009, 09:02 PM

namasgt
07-26-2009, 09:03 PM

namasgt
07-26-2009, 09:04 PM

namasgt
07-26-2009, 09:05 PM

namasgt
07-26-2009, 09:06 PM

namasgt
07-26-2009, 09:07 PM

namasgt
07-26-2009, 09:08 PM

namasgt
07-26-2009, 09:10 PM

namasgt
07-26-2009, 09:10 PM

namasgt
07-26-2009, 09:12 PM

namasgt
07-26-2009, 09:13 PM
enjoy.

rickztahone
07-26-2009, 09:53 PM
great SS, can't believe you still have them

Eddie
07-27-2009, 08:01 AM
great SS, can't believe you still have them

Ditto! They are awesome, wish I lived near you!

Eddie

bs6749
07-27-2009, 08:56 AM
I was considering purchasing them way back when the thread first started but unfortunately I didn't have the space. If I were closer I would have purchased them and a tank to boot to make the room.

cyberhog05
07-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Easiest way to ship is to go to your LFS and have them help you. I sure in arlington you could find a nice enough guy to help you out for a small fee or free for bags, boxes etc. That being said when are you shipping them to me?:D

DiscusOnly
07-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Easiest way to ship is to go to your LFS and have them help you. I sure in arlington you could find a nice enough guy to help you out for a small fee or free for bags, boxes etc. That being said when are you shipping them to me?

Unless it's a small family own LFS with experience in discus and shipping, I wouldn't trust them. LFS receive fish, most of the LFS receive fish, not ship them. Breeders or LFS with online presence is another story.

namasgt
07-28-2009, 03:13 PM
bump

discusjoe27
07-30-2009, 11:55 PM
I have big bags, and my friend johnothan has shipping boxes. we can help you Ali.;)

sceptre
07-31-2009, 09:06 PM
hi my name is Kevin

wonder you still have those discus for sale...

i am interesting to buy them only, not the tanks, i live in oklahoma city, will be down dallas area on sunday 8/2/09 please give me a call @ 405-204-8715 or email iceman@heartlandice.com

thanks
kevin

namasgt
07-31-2009, 10:06 PM
hi my name is Kevin

wonder you still have those discus for sale...

i am interesting to buy them only, not the tanks, i live in oklahoma city, will be down dallas area on sunday 8/2/09 please give me a call @ 405-204-8715 or email iceman@heartlandice.com

thanks
kevin

the fish are 450 $ for all five. the tanks are souvenirs if you buy the fish.

you will not be disappointed, these are really good fish, no one has come look at them yet, they just say we are gona come, but they never do.
tell them Joy, didnt you said several times you gona come buy some of them but you never did ?
So if anyone thinks there is something wrong with them thats why they havent sold, its wrong. there is absolutly nothing wrong with these fish they are a good grade, and are the nicest ones I have ever raised. they were originaly 7 and i sold 2 of them as a pair, a pair that only layed eggs once, the new owner actually told me they have maid lots of fries since he got them.

and please (to does that messaged me)I am not going to give the fish away for free so stop asking that is just plain rude.

thanks

sceptre
08-01-2009, 11:45 AM
can you meet me with the fishes at the restaurant CARAVELLE Hw 75-Beltline Richardson Tx @ 4pm.. I am 100% sure want to buy them, just the fishes only... no room for the tanks...

John_Nicholson
08-01-2009, 08:39 PM
namasgt I saw your post and I am hoping that your response was not directed to me. Please let me know. If you thought I was trying to get your fish for free for are mistaken. I also do not see anywhere that I was rude. I was simply trying to help if you could not find a buyer. Maybe your are referring to someone else. Please let me know so we can straighten it out. Below is the message that I sent and you did not respond to.

Thanks

-john

I have been watching your thread on selling your fish for a while. I am fairly surprised that no one has bought them. I don't want to get your hopes up because I don't really need to buy them. I have been around the discus world for a long time and when some of my old friends found out I was building a new fish house I have been offered more free fish then I need...LOL. Anyway if you get to the point of giving up I have a thought for you. If you think you will be getting back into discus at some point maybe we could work out a trade. At some point in the future when you are ready I would give you back some fish. Something along the lines of 20 2inch fish or 15 3 inch fish. If you are no longer local you would just have to pick up the shipping.

They are nice fish and I would hate to see them end up in a fish store where they are going to get crappy care and be sold to someone that is just going to kill them in a couple of months.

Let me know.

-john

namasgt
08-01-2009, 11:04 PM
namasgt I saw your post and I am hoping that your response was not directed to me. Please let me know. If you thought I was trying to get your fish for free for are mistaken. I also do not see anywhere that I was rude. I was simply trying to help if you could not find a buyer. Maybe your are referring to someone else. Please let me know so we can straighten it out. Below is the message that I sent and you did not respond to.

Thanks

-john

I have been watching your thread on selling your fish for a while. I am fairly surprised that no one has bought them. I don't want to get your hopes up because I don't really need to buy them. I have been around the discus world for a long time and when some of my old friends found out I was building a new fish house I have been offered more free fish then I need...LOL. Anyway if you get to the point of giving up I have a thought for you. If you think you will be getting back into discus at some point maybe we could work out a trade. At some point in the future when you are ready I would give you back some fish. Something along the lines of 20 2inch fish or 15 3 inch fish. If you are no longer local you would just have to pick up the shipping.

They are nice fish and I would hate to see them end up in a fish store where they are going to get crappy care and be sold to someone that is just going to kill them in a couple of months.

Let me know.

-john

there were several people offering me low prices and asking to give them away.
I dont know who you were so I looked at some of your old posts, looks like you have experience breading SS discus and your a good person.
thanks for the offer, but I dont think I will ever come back to any fish hobby. Its too much time that I dont have anymore, all my family is against me keeping fish, all my friends make fun of discus and call them names. Im just tierd of all of it and now I will be finishing school and sadly cant take care of them anymore.

Sorry John, I was just a little upset, forgive me.

I really think this is a great community, and without this forum there would have been no way I would have guessed how to take care of my discus, let alone raising them properly.

I always wanted discus ever since I saw them in the pet store nearly 12 years ago, but couldn’t afford them. Back in that time, to me discus was like the ultimate fish any aquarium hobbyist could ever keep. This might sound silly but in my eyes they were the Ferrari of all tropical fish; beautiful, exotic, expensive, and somewhat high maintenance compared to other tropical fish.
That dream almost came true with these guys, I worked really hard to get them here, I was doing water change every day sometimes 80 to 90 % every 3 in the morning before I went to bed after my studies. Every one around me though I was crazy for doing all this, but I didn’t care as long as the fish were happy I was happy.
Unfortunately I wanted to have a taste of breading and raising Discus fries, I almost got there but life has taken a different turn for me than I was expecting and I have to sell them. If they don’t sell I will just give them to you John because I’ve searched and found out what a dedicated person you are, so no hard feelings and I hope you forgive me.

I will still be around just to look at pics and try my best to help anyone in this hobby.
Thanks to everyone in simply discus, without you guys the joy of keeping discus would have been impossible for me.

Thanks

Ali

Eddie
08-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey Ali, I want you to know something. Those people who you speak of that make fun or put you down, are jealous because they don't have something to hold onto that is genuine and beautiful. They have nothing to show for what they've put their effort into. Your fish are some of the most beautiful fish I have seen. I mentioned in a an earlier post that I had been dying to see an adult tiger SS and you my friend are the only person I have ever seen with pictures of them. Don't take what other people tell you to heart, you raise discus and keep discus because it is a passion that others will never understand. There is more to it than just a fish, it is an art of perfection and true passion. You will one day get back into the hobby, as the hobby runs in your blood, it does for all of us. If you can remember 12 years ago when you first saw them, you will definitely be staying in the hobby. As far as family go, don't let that get to you either, they should be more understanding and supportive of your goals and you doing school and taking care of these fish is more than most parents could ever ask for. There are a million worse things you could be doing out there on the street but you are studying and keeping fish that most people only dream of keeping. For this I commend you and say WELL DONE, EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE WORK! Keep it up!

Take care,

Eddie

John_Nicholson
08-02-2009, 08:00 AM
No problem Ali. You did a great job with these fish and I hope you get back to the hobby one day. Also congrats on finding a buyer.

-john

TCT
08-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Hey Ali,
You did an excellent job to raise them up. You're almost there to breed them and raising the fry. The pair you sold me has already produced a nice batch of fry, while you're still trying to sell the rest of the heard. If I'm still have space I would buy the rest of fish from you. I'm now have two tanks full of fry to grow out plus two pairs spawning now. I hope you find a good buyer and you'll get back to raising discus again.
Again, thanks for the TSS pair and good luck to you in your new adventure.

crackal
08-02-2009, 09:08 PM
so are they sold?

namasgt
08-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Thanks guys.
I sold all 5 of them today.

Eddie thanks for what you said, it makes me feel positive about my hobby.

namasgt
08-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey Ali,
You did an excellent job to raise them up. You're almost there to breed them and raising the fry. The pair you sold me has already produced a nice batch of fry, while you're still trying to sell the rest of the heard. If I'm still have space I would buy the rest of fish from you. I'm now have two tanks full of fry to grow out plus two pairs spawning now. I hope you find a good buyer and you'll get back to raising discus again.
Again, thanks for the TSS pair and good luck to you in your new adventure.

do you have pics of them, Im glad they turned out good for you.

crackal
08-02-2009, 11:40 PM
did he take the tanks too?

namasgt
08-03-2009, 07:41 AM
did he take the tanks too?

no he did not

crackal
08-03-2009, 10:59 AM
ill buy them from you

sceptre
08-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Ali,

Thanks for your advice, they are look excellent and very healthy this morning, I will keep you update.

namasgt
08-13-2009, 09:45 AM
I sold the big tank with the canister filter, someone got it for their turtle.
I think this is it for me :(

mikel
08-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Sorry to hear you are leaving the hobby. I noted very early on when you first posted that your fish were perhaps the finest of these SS that I have ever seen, and I am not all that crazy about tiger stripes, being a solid color fish person myself. You also demonstrated a high degree of focus and dedication, and this is proven in your ability to grow out these fish to such high physical perfection, and getting them to happily spawn for you continuously.

You should be proud of your accomplishment with these kings of aquarium fishes, and I know you will be back. Why do you care what others say? Look around; those with passion in their lives are the really happy people. Those who dont just wallow their lives away...they laugh at you because they know you are happy; are they happy? Take care; those are awsome fish, and I am again so sorry that you had to sell them. They clearly adored your care for them. mike:)

Jorge
08-13-2009, 03:01 PM
I agree 100% with what Eddie and Mikel said. This hobby is a special thing for us. Don't listen to other's people negative comments. They don't understand our love and passion for this hobby and never will. Your family and love ones should see how much this means to you and be more understanding and not critize you. Believe me, being in this hobby while being in College is not easy but at the end of the day, the satisfaction, harmony, enjoyment and relaxation you get from this, believe it or not, help you get through college better. Just a few minutes, gives you a break from College/work things form time to time and believe me my friend, it helps!;) :thumbsup:

namasgt
12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Its been a while, I wander how the fish are doing.