PDA

View Full Version : Prazi Treatment

KuPoB_K
05-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Hi guys and gals,
I've been looking for prazi im my country but the only one available i could find comes in Dogs tablets.
The pill consists of:
50mg Praziquantelum
2mg Abamectinum
Can i use this for my discus and how do I dose it? I looked around the forum but could not find a specific dosage for this med...:o
It seems that 3 day on - 4 day off for a total of 4 cycles works best but i don't know how many mg/l of Prazi do you normally dose?
I'm thinking of treating the whole tank as i would hate to get rid of the flukes only to have them come back on my fish after i move them back into the tank.
If there is anyone who could suggest a dosage i would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers
Yan

texasdiscusman
05-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Yes same thing prazi is wormer for dogs and cats.Roughly 1/4 tsp for 40 gallons of water.Must be put in vodka it is not water soluble.I would research more on the dosage.To convert in mg.It is a very strong drug and they say it can damage liver.Make sure no other drugs are in water

KuPoB_K
05-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Yes same thing prazi is wormer for dogs and cats.Roughly 1/4 tsp for 40 gallons of water.Must be put in vodka it is not water soluble.I would research more on the dosage.To convert in mg.It is a very strong drug and they say it can damage liver.Make sure no other drugs are in water

Thank you. I have one question though - When you say tsp do you mean teaspoon? If this is the case then i guess the one you have in US is different because the one here is in dry pills not liquid. Teaspoon measures liquid, i mean volume right? :o I might be getting confused here...

Eddie
05-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Typical dosage of powder form Praziquantel is 100 mg per 10 gallons of water. So you would need to basically crushed 2 pills per 10 gallons of water.

Eddie

KuPoB_K
05-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Typical dosage of powder form Praziquantel is 100 mg per 10 gallons of water. So you would need to basically crushed 2 pills per 10 gallons of water.

Eddie

Thank you Eddie, Appreciate it.

Cheers
Yan

Eddie
05-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Thank you Eddie, Appreciate it.

Cheers
Yan

Anytime Yan, always here to help. ;)

Eddie