PDA

View Full Version : Discus Breeding Again

noobxnoob
05-25-2009, 04:27 AM
Tank size: 30gallon
this is the 2nd time they breed....
(the first time they ate the egg since their are other fish in the community tank.)

now the eggs are turning into frys and start moving.

what should i do now? i mean the water change and should i seperate the parents??

(by the way i have no idea how my tank's water turns into green after 4days of water change... why?? (vancouver water)

Elite Aquaria
05-25-2009, 06:08 AM
Tank size: 30gallon
this is the 2nd time they breed....
(the first time they ate the egg since their are other fish in the community tank.)

now the eggs are turning into frys and start moving.

what should i do now? i mean the water change and should i seperate the parents??

(by the way i have no idea how my tank's water turns into green after 4days of water change... why?? (vancouver water)

Congratulations...You will need to add a night light if you already have not done so and leave it on 24/7....this should have been done from the day that the eggs were laid. After the fry become free swimming they will attach to the parents sides and begin to feed...Fry will stay with parents until you have them eating Baby brine shrimp (BBS)...around day 5...After the fry reach about 14 days you can remove the parents but be prepared to feed fry at least 6 times per day with BBS.

mmorris
05-25-2009, 09:18 AM
I carry on with wc's every other day, like normal. I increase the wc's once I am feeding with bbs. Congratulations! Now the fun begins. Got some serious reading to do now! :D

Roxanne
05-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Congratulations...

guys, what about his green Vancouver water? How will that be for the fries?

Roxanne

mmorris
05-25-2009, 07:15 PM

Does this mean 4 days after the last water change? Assuming it's algae, cut down the light and up the wc's. Is it getting sunlight from somewhere? Even if only a few minutes a day? If not, how many hours a day is the tank light on? Algae thrive on nutrients, so try wc's every other day. What is your nitrate level after 4 days?

noobxnoob
05-26-2009, 09:48 PM
thanks everyone for answering my question :)

i will test my nitrate and see how it is...
so for wc , should i do a 50% wc or 70%? or ?

now the frys are able to swim :D
but some of them stick to the heater because it's black...

mmorris
05-27-2009, 10:44 AM
i will test my nitrate and see how it is...
so for wc , should i do a 50% wc or 70%? or ?

50% should be fine for now, but it would help to know the nitrate level.

johnclark
05-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Congratulations...You will need to add a night light if you already have not done so and leave it on 24/7....this should have been done from the day that the eggs were laid. After the fry become free swimming they will attach to the parents sides and begin to feed...Fry will stay with parents until you have them eating Baby brine shrimp (BBS)...around day 5...After the fry reach about 14 days you can remove the parents but be prepared to feed fry at least 6 times per day with BBS.

What's the night light for?