PDA

View Full Version : Dinner with Renee (FLGIRL1977)

poconogal
05-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Hubby Kurt and I had a great time at dinner last night. We're down in N. Ft. Myers, Florida and met Renee and John for dinner again (we met the first time this past February). Renee lives in Cape Coral, right next door to N. Ft. Myers. We had an awsome dinner in Ft. Myers, topped off by a chocolate bread pudding that was to die for! :D After dinner we went to Renee's home where we got to see all of their beautiful outdoor plants in bloom, including a beautiful tree we see here in Florida, a Royal something or other (told you I'd forget what its called, Renee). Is it a Royal Poincianna (spelling??? LOL). Any, lots of beautiful fragrant things.

Then the moment I was waiting for... inside to see her wild's fry! OMG, how adorable they are, smaller than a dime, sooooo cute! I've never seen Discus at that size before. I've only seen my wrigglers before they became snacks for somebody.

Renee's wilds are gorgeous and friendly and her tank, as always, was beautiful. Soon as I approached the tank the Discus came over, looking for some grub. I even had a black shirt on so I moved carefully, but that black shirt didn't bother them one bit. She also has a Green Phantom??? Pleco (is that it, Renee?) that is gorgeous. A beautiful green color, very unusual. I'm almost ready to trade in my BNs for one of those guys!

When we return home I'll be posting some pics of her fry and Discus.

The evening went all too fast and when it was time to go home, John came out with a bottle of Everglades Seasoning which they gave to us. They told us about it last time we met and said it was delicious on all kinds of stuff. It apparently can only be bought in stores in Florida. I know I never saw it in the Poconos, that's for sure. We'll be using it on some BBQ'd chicken we're having tonight. Thanks Renee and John! We'll see you guys again in August!

rickztahone
05-26-2009, 12:50 PM
it's great seeing members coming together outside of SD. sounds like a really great meet and we are looking forward to pics

seanyuki
05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Hope to see more pictures:D It's always nice to have a small vacation.:p

Cheers
Francis:)

GrillMaster
05-26-2009, 04:48 PM
There is nothing better than meeting fellow enthusiasts! Conversation never gets stale. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Lookin forward to the pics. :)

TankWatcher
05-26-2009, 05:04 PM
sounds like a great night out. I would have loved to see those wild's fry.

Roxanne
05-27-2009, 12:01 AM
...waiting for the pics....:)...

Rox

FLGirl1977
05-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Lol... Royal Poinciana. I have to give credit where it's due though, the spelling was pretty close and I'm impressed you remembered the name! ;)

It was nice getting to see you guys again, I only wish we could have taken you guys up on that boating offer... :p I hope you enjoyed the everglades seasoning... something many of us 'natives' down here enjoy that you can't get elsewhere.

The fry are all still doing well and are eating on their own. I wish I could have left them with the parents longer, but fear they would have become lunch for everyone else. Looking forward to seeing your pics soon Connie... hope you enjoy the rest of your stay here! :) TTYS....

brewmaster15
05-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Sounds like an awesome time! I sure do wish I was down there too!:)

Hmm...Everglades seasoning... now that sounds like something I will need to keep an eye out for next time I am down that way!!:)

-al

poconogal
05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
...waiting for the pics....:)...

Rox
Rox, patience, girl! I can't post until I get home, where the USB cable to my camera is, lol! Patience is a virtue... :p

poconogal
05-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Sounds like an awesome time! I sure do wish I was down there too!:)

Hmm...Everglades seasoning... now that sounds like something I will need to keep an eye out for next time I am down that way!!:)

-al
Al, you simply must get some of that Everglades Seasoning, it is delicious! We tried it on burgers last night and WOW! Tonight its going on some chicken, YUM!!!!

Renee, you and John are right on the money with this stuff, its awesome! Don't worry, when we're back in August we can plan the boat outing!

Disgirl
05-27-2009, 08:25 PM
OK now, where can the rest of us get this seasoning? I may be able to trade some NC BBQ sauce for some!!!
Barbara :)

FLGirl1977
05-27-2009, 09:48 PM
lol... PM me some addresses and I will mail some out! ;)

Roxanne
05-27-2009, 10:24 PM
...to Australia?:)

Roxanne
05-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Rox, patience, girl! I can't post until I get home, where the USB cable to my camera is, lol! Patience is a virtue... :p

hmmmm...patience...the older I get, the less I got:D...

poconogal
05-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Me too... :mad: total lack of patience these days...

Roxanne
05-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Find your cable yet Connie?:)...no pressure... :D

Roxanne