PDA

View Full Version : New fishroom guardians

brewmaster15
05-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Hi all,
After the last Northeast discus meeting at my home and the repeated threats of fish heists by attendees We decided to add some security around here... They are young now but I am sure that as they get older they will be a strong deterrent to those wishing to steal my fish..Of course I don't know whats going to save the fish from them!!

Meet CtDiscus's newest Staff.. Violet (calico) and Matt(grey tabby).:) Becky is Violets handler... and Ethan is Matts handler.:D

-al

brewmaster15
05-26-2009, 08:42 PM
They are 8 weeks olds ...and definetly little fur balls!:)

Ed13
FEARSOME duo Al!:p Beautiful new members of the fam.

Elite Aquaria
Their both so cute...I like cats a lot.

Eddie
05-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Cute kittens Al! Looks like the kids love them to death and vice versa. Bet they'll make great guardians. ;)

Take care,

Eddie

seanyuki
05-26-2009, 09:31 PM
I love cats too....great companions :)

Cheers
Francis:)

csarkar001
05-26-2009, 09:42 PM
so you've hired foxes to guard the hen house?

mmorris
05-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Oh so sweet! I'm partial to Violet. :)

Darren's Discus
05-26-2009, 10:14 PM
I've already started sneezing at these pictures as i'm allergic to cats,So i guess it worked,i wont be sneaking into your fishroom !:mad:

cheers

Chad Hughes
05-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Al,

They look like quite the vicious wild mountain lions! LOL! I'm sure they'll do you proud!

Best wishes!

TankWatcher
05-26-2009, 11:45 PM
That's some pretty fearsome security measures you've taken there, Al :D

The alternate view is they're some pretty cute balls of fluff :)

Scribbles
05-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Your kids and kittens are too cute Al. Now who's going to guard against the kittens disappearing at the next meeting?

Chris

ashaysathe
05-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi all,
After the last Northeast discus meeting at my home and the repeated threats of fish heists by attendees We decided to add some security around here... They are young now but I am sure that as they get older they will be a strong deterrent to those wishing to steal my fish..Of course I don't know whats going to save the fish from them!!

-al

Where there is a will there is a way.. We recruited distractors at the same time ;)

brewmaster15
05-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Where there is a will there is a way.. We recruited distractors at the same time ;)

LOL!!!:)

thanks everyone... these two little ones have wormed their way into everyone's hearts here... even my 12 year old cat is starting to tolerate them...They are persistently wearing him down... The little gray one is so bold.. walks right up to him and touches noses..The old man backs down and sullenly watches from the security of the table top... Its only a matter of time before the kittens are on his back..much like he used to do to our old cats 12 years ago when he was kitten...payback baby!:)

-a

traco
05-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Al, beautiful new additions to the fish room. Mr 12 year old should come around soon. He doesn't remember bugging/bothering the matriarch before him, like you said, payback time! Keep the pics coming as they grow, I love cats!

Mr Wild
05-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Very nice addition indeed! You will still have to watch the people that really go for them could be a diversionary tactic! LOL

mmorris
05-30-2009, 08:31 AM
I am sure that as they get older they will be a strong deterrent to those wishing to steal my fish..-al

LOL Ashay - what world does Al live in? :D

bluwaters
05-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Very skeery AL :p
I imagine that you no longer have to remember to put away the fish food either. ;)
<---- my security system, to the left, is partial to only the best and most expensive of fish food.
Maybe I need to upgrade my system...
I've been wanting a couple of cats.
Maybe they will keep the dog honest?

frenchie100
05-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi all,

Meet CtDiscus's newest Staff.. Violet (calico) and Matt(grey tabby).:) Becky is Violets handler... and Ethan is Matts handler.:D

-al

They are adorable!!!

Good security system, I say! In my house when someone knocks on the door it is one of my cats that growls not my pitbull!! LOL

-Julie :)

jessbullock
05-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Lovely little beasties!
My cat loves to go into HIS fishroom and get the discus to freak out. They're so much more interesting when they're freaking out. (Gotta get that tank on a higher rack!)

He does a great job of dusting all the hard to clean corners too!

Jess

hope
05-30-2009, 04:12 PM
I love my kitties too, although I ended up with 2 black cats and some people are leery of them. My fish, however, appreciate the extra warmth of them sitting on the hood, the occasional dip of the paw in the water to cool off, and the great big face in the little holes made for tubes with the tongue in the water.... just another roadside attraction! Have fun!:p