PDA

View Full Version : Barb Newell

Chad Hughes
05-27-2009, 12:01 AM
I thought I would take a second out of my busy schedule to post a thread in rememberance of Barb Newell. This contest is dedicated to her, her life, and her impact on the discus community. For those of you, like myself, who did not know Barb in life and would like to get an idea of what a great person she was I've attached a link to some of Barb's threads. These threads will make you smile and some may bring a tear to your eye. None the less, let's all remember Barb throughout this contest this year. I know I will.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56

:angel:God bless you Barb! :angel:

rickztahone
05-27-2009, 12:08 AM
i did not know Barb either but i have gone through some of her links, this one is the most touching and i think those that do follow this years contest should open the link and read through all the way
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=49661
great thread Chad!

fishyj
05-27-2009, 12:24 AM
Hi Chad, I took the time to read some of the posts. All I can say what an amazing person. Everyone should read her posts. As I care for these fish through this challenge I will remember Barb.

Scribbles
05-27-2009, 12:59 AM
I wish that I had known Barb Newell. From reading her posts I can tell that she was a truly exceptional person. May she rest in peace.

Chris

Chad Hughes
05-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks for taking a look at her posts. I really think it's our duty to keep those that have had such a profound impact on this hobby alive in our memories.

Best wishes!

brewmaster15
05-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Barb was truly an amazing and special person. :( I remember her from when she first had gotten the discus bug before SimplyDiscus existed...no matter what she faced...she never gave up.....strived to be the best she could with her fish and family.

When she left this world she left a hole that could never be filled... but we can and do remember her...always.

I really miss her...and always will.:(

-al

Chad Hughes
05-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Al,

Just from reading her posts and the posts that were generated in the wake of her loss I felt as though I had lost a family member. I was literally sad last night. :(

Take care my friend!

kirkp
05-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Chad,

Thanks for the post. It really puts things in perspective. From her posts she was an amazing woman loved by many on the forum.

Kirk

Chad Hughes
05-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Kirk,

Couldn't agree with you more. Thanks for taking the time to read about her.

Best wishes!

calihawker
05-27-2009, 04:54 PM
What a wonderful post Chad.:) Like you I read through a lot of her threads and felt a sadness. It's obvious that she had quite an impact on many people through this forum. The dedication to this challenge made in her honor takes on a new meaning and I'm truly honored to be a participant.

Chad Hughes
05-27-2009, 05:04 PM
The dedication to this challenge made in her honor takes on a new meaning and I'm truly honored to be a participant.

Steve,

That's exactly how I felt once I realized that there was a dedication and to whom it was dedicated to. I too am honored. Thanks for your input Steve! Now, lets grow out some fish for Barb! ;)

Best wishes!

poconogal
05-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Barb was a wonderful person and much loved on this forum. She is missed. Really nice thread, Chad.

Eddie
05-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Very nice thought Chad. I remember Barb but did not know her personally. She helped me out a few times. I remember how nice and helpful she was. I remember her fish were top notch. She had some nice Ocean Greens that I haven't seen since I got back into the hobby. Definitely a good time to remember her and to express the dedication of the contest to her.

Wishing everyone the best with there fish,

Eddie

korbi_doc
05-27-2009, 07:44 PM
:cry::cry: Barb is indeed sorely missed...I wish I had her fortitude & dedication to the hobby...think of her often & get teary with every post...will never forget her & her perseverance & love of her Ocean greens..

A truly wonderful dedication to Barb!!!

Dottie

Disgirl
05-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Gee, after reading these posts and some of the ones she had written to all of you, I feel like I really missed knowing a wonderful lady! When she was on your forum I was keeping discus but did not have a computer and knew nothing about online forums. I can see how you all must miss her so much around here. Wish I had known her too.
Another Barb :)

Armandi_Fishcarer
05-28-2009, 01:59 AM
A truly remarkable person Barb Newell was. I went threw most of her posts & read posts/replies. Though I didn't know or meet her, it made me feel as though I was there with her, next too her. May her son/daughter grow & live a remarkable life, as their mother would have dearly loved. May she rest in peace & stay in the hearts & minds as the wonderful person she was forever. Her discus ritual was one that most of us Discus hobbyists would truly so wish to admire.

Regards
Ahmed ;)

Chad Hughes
05-28-2009, 02:15 AM
Ahmed,

Well said. Thank you for reading.

Best wishes!

shawnhu
06-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Chad,

I just read through all of the threads under the link you provided, and wanted to thank you for reminding everyone who Barb was, and why this challenge is in dedication to her. I never met Barb, but I'm glad to have felt her presence through her friends here at SD. It truely is impossible to not be moved by Barb's dedication to the hobby, and her kindness towards each and every person that has interacted with her. I wish her family the best, and may our memories of her life be remembered through this special challenge.

Shawn

Chad Hughes
06-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Shawn,

I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for reading!

Best wishes!

jimmyjoe
06-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi all, never new Barb must have been a wonderful person and I never read she had the"BIG C" but I know too well about what that terrible disease can do to a family. All my hopes and prayer's go out to her family I wish them the best. Yes, the saddest days are gonna be there and try and get by them your mother was a great indivdual, she had her discus and Simply friends to help her enjoy her life which was way to short. So now that she's gone everytime I log onto Simply I'll remember her and say alittle something for her family good luck all and thanks for bringing up her passing.............Jim

Chad Hughes
06-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi all, never new Barb must have been a wonderful person and I never read she had the"BIG C" but I know too well about what that terrible disease can do to a family. All my hopes and prayer's go out to her family I wish them the best. Yes, the saddest days are gonna be there and try and get by them your mother was a great indivdual, she had her discus and Simply friends to help her enjoy her life which was way to short. So now that she's gone everytime I log onto Simply I'll remember her and say alittle something for her family good luck all and thanks for bringing up her passing.............Jim

Jim,

Well said. I think of her and her family often too.

Best wishes!

Stormy
06-12-2009, 11:43 PM
I have read through pretty much all of Barb's posts, she was indeed a very special person. I live very close to where she lived, sadly I got into Discus after she was gone so I never got the chance to meet her. I do have two Discus that were hers, a female Blue Turk and another female that I was told she called a Pearlscale. It is an honour to have them. They are healthy and doing fine, they are about 4 years old now.
She left a mark on us all, even those of us that never got the chance to get to know her. I feel as if I knew her through the heartfelt posts she wrote here. What a special lady. Chad, thanks for remembering.
Glenc

Chad Hughes
06-15-2009, 10:35 PM
I have read through pretty much all of Barb's posts, she was indeed a very special person. I live very close to where she lived, sadly I got into Discus after she was gone so I never got the chance to meet her. I do have two Discus that were hers, a female Blue Turk and another female that I was told she called a Pearlscale. It is an honour to have them. They are healthy and doing fine, they are about 4 years old now.
She left a mark on us all, even those of us that never got the chance to get to know her. I feel as if I knew her through the heartfelt posts she wrote here. What a special lady. Chad, thanks for remembering.
Glenc

That's so awesome that you have discus from her! I'm glad to hear that they are doing well. I too would be honored. Thanks for reading this post and sharing your thoughts.

Best wishes!