PDA

View Full Version : Levamisole still avaiable ?

wgtaylor
05-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Can't seem to find a current source for levamisole powder, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

rickztahone
05-27-2009, 05:14 PM
i got mine too long ago and they had plenty in stock. im at work right now but when i get home ill get you the link. it was viking something

mikel
05-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Here in tablet...one tablet treats 20 gallons. This is the only size they have, which in my opinion is way too much. I got the bottle with only 24 tablets, and that was about $17. But the company that I got it from is no longer carrying it. HTH. mike

http://www.cheappetstore.com/Farm-Livestock/Dewormers-Insecticides/SheepGoat-DewormInsect/Levasole-Sheep-Bolus-100-tablets-32123/

brewmaster15
05-27-2009, 06:07 PM
I've been seeing alot of reference to this drug being unavailible now in the USA because its manufactured by Schering plough...which is in being bought out and because its actually in clinical trials for Stage 3 colon cancer in the USA... and as such is not being manufactured for other uses.

I tend to believe this as this drug is manufactured also in Canada by another company and name and is currently used with fluorouracil as a cancer treatment....

Good for cancer victims..... Fish keepers may need to go back to panacur/fenbendazole in the food as supplies dry up...thats what I'll be doing at least.

hth,
al

wgtaylor
05-27-2009, 06:18 PM
I've been seeing alot of reference to this drug being unavailible now in the USA because its manufactured by Schering plough...which is in being bought out and because its actually in clinical trials for Stage 3 colon cancer in the USA... and as such is not being manufactured for other uses.

I tend to believe this as this drug is manufactured also in Canada by another company and name and is currently used with fluorouracil as a cancer treatment....

Good for cancer victims..... Fish keepers may need to go back to panacur/fenbendazole in the food as supplies dry up...thats what I'll be doing at least.

hth,
al

I think you are right Al. I called AgriLabs, they said they have been waiting for nine months for FDA to re-approve it for use. Hoping I might find someone who had some left on the shelves. :) Pig wormer to miracle med. Thanks,

Bill