PDA

View Full Version : Are the pair discus turq?

wanderingfish
06-12-2009, 07:19 AM
They are littermates,they were born on 1,apr. last year.Because my tank is too small,their size are undersize.they paired several day ago.I move them to a new tank,they lay eggs soon. the wiggle will freeswimming tomorrow.
1,2 is male,
3 is female.
Could someone id the two?
thanks

Eddie
06-12-2009, 07:25 AM
They look like blue turqs to me, very pretty. I really like the males facial pattern.

Take care,

Eddie

wanderingfish
06-12-2009, 07:36 AM
They look like blue turqs to me, very pretty. I really like the males facial pattern.

Take care,

Eddie

thanks

they are in run,their color is very beautiful.

MSD
06-12-2009, 08:09 AM
They look like high body or altum flora to me but a turq. by any other name....

YSS
06-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Really like the male. Very nice!

Jhhnn
06-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Turqs, for sure- the female, in particular, is very reminiscent of the original Wattley turqs, at least to my eyes...

Justice
06-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Looks like Brilliant Turks to me!

Armandi_Fishcarer
06-18-2009, 03:20 AM
Beautiful turks :D great pics. The male seems pritty sure of him self.

Regards
Ahmed ;)

wanderingfish
06-19-2009, 03:45 AM
about 25 wriggler free swime,i think most of eggs were unfertilized,because I use a waterpump.

Eddie
06-19-2009, 03:58 AM
Nice, congrats. The pair has potential, especially the male.

Eddie

wanderingfish
06-19-2009, 11:43 AM
thanks
this brood (the breeding pair's brothers and sisters) are like their parent,male are bigger,with high fin,and color pattern is like the picture show,red lines are not prominent.female are smaller,with solid red lines through their bodies,just like classical turqs.I think the male have another name,but I forget it.
I think if they have more room to grow,and I feed them more often,they could grow much bigger. :o:o

mikel
06-19-2009, 12:04 PM
You shouldnt hesitate to feed them as often as you can, with just enough food for them to finish with 3 to 5 minutes...SO LONG as you are willing to do huge water changes. In fact, I dont understand why your fish would be undersized, if you kept up the rigorous water changes everyday, and feed intensively. The Asians do this without any problem, and their fish are huge. All it takes is dedication and muscle power. Otherwise, your fish will definitely be stunted, either through underfeeding because of your fear of fouling the water, or disease due to overpopulation and lack of water change frequency. Discus is actually quite simple to keep well. mike

Eddie
06-20-2009, 12:13 AM
thanks
this brood (the breeding pair's brothers and sisters) are like their parent,male are bigger,with high fin,and color pattern is like the picture show,red lines are not prominent.female are smaller,with solid red lines through their bodies,just like classical turqs.I think the male have another name,but I forget it.
I think if they have more room to grow,and I feed them more often,they could grow much bigger. :o:o

For sure, the babies will look great!

Eddie

Scribbles
06-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Congratulations! Best of luck with them.

Chris