PDA

View Full Version : black worms

Jason K.
06-12-2009, 08:49 PM
:confused: hey everyone, i've introducede black worms into the diet, now all one of my fish will only eat this stuff, though he will eat fr. blood worms, any sugesstions would be great.:D

Ardan
06-12-2009, 08:58 PM
cut them off of the blackworms until they eat other stuff, may take a few days, they get hooked on the blackworms.

hth
Ardan

grandrapids9
06-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi, I use black worms and feed them once a day, for the past few months, but also I give them two feedings of beefheart and two feedings of bloodworms.

They eat everything. My 5 discus actually went the other way, and did not each much of black worms for a week, now they love them again.

Elite Aquaria
06-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Make your black worm feeding the last of the day...

Wahter
06-13-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm with Dan, if you feed blackworms, feed using blackworms at the end of the day, the next morning, they'll be hungry and more willing to eat other foods.

HTH,

Walter

Armandi_Fishcarer
06-18-2009, 03:48 AM
I too agree totally, & feed BW's at the end of the shift. You don't see fish smash food so hard until they get the taste of live food! They tend to come off it easily, unless its the primary food used. Starve them for a while, they will come around.

Regards
Ahmed ;)

MSD
06-18-2009, 09:45 PM
I cut them out, they are too expensive and since I stopped using them the fish seem to have less problems. Not saying they are bad, just one less thing to worry about.